When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6538 Build Progress: Movement Discussion

droptopman

Thanks guys.  Yes she needs a bath.  Just unpacked it and took a couple of quick pics before heading out for work.  Highly recommend Michael Young "Classic Watch Parts".  Great work and service and actually the turn around time was pretty quick.  Price was very reasonable.  

Wife and I leave for a work trip/vacation on Thursday morning.  First leg is a "leadership conference" for work at a swanky resort in the San Diego area.  Best work trip of the year.  Basically get paid to play golf, use the spa and eat at nice restaurants.  Then we head over to Palm Springs on the 19th and will stay there 7-10 days at our timeshare condo.  Looking forward to some time off.  So hopefully by the time I get back, this baby will be ready for some wrist time.  

Hard to believe this watch is near completion.  Been a really enjoyable process.  I learned a lot and made some really great connections with people along the way which is the best part.  Thank you for tolerating all the posts......      

• 2 weeks later...

Here we go. Dbane just sent me some pics. I know I should wait, but wanted to share with my brothers. Needless to say I am amazed at his work. I will do a full write up and photo shoot soon. Probably when I get back from vacation.

f3ce7b177c146892573e1cec564104be.jpg

49a6afb24bd341b827d3e6debd49cce0.jpg

cb3a32aac2b0a43e57d7109c6c938f56.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy

• Like 4

Yes me too. She is a little flat but Dbane worked his magic as always and I am very happy with the way it looks mounted. Pearl seems to match dial and hands perfectly.

I am short a 1030 movement screw if anyone has one or one that will work. Too funny a year of doing research and sourcing parts and a little screw is holding us up....

• Like 1

That looks Fan [censored] Tastic

I've never been a fan of gilt dials but this one is really growing on me.

Is that a gen pearl ? I need one for my insert.

Yes I was told it was the original pearl.

Yeah. That movement screw is really pissing me off. It's always something.

I'm just happy that you are happy. We are in the final stretch at least, after a couple of months of waiting.

Matching the lume of the hands to match the dial was a bit of a challenge (you do not want to see the test dials I use to experiment with different mixtures for the no glow lume).

Still need to cut the stem for the crown as well.

Hopefully all complete by next week.

Holy schmolies, that thing is SPECTACULAR! Gorgeous, gorgeous build. And the lug curves on that case are to die for. Seriously.

You know that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when they open the Ark and gaze inside? Yeah that's how I feel looking at your photos.

post-32-143225782048.jpg

• Like 3

Lol,

Thanks for all the kind words. I am pretty much speechless with anticipation of getting her on the wrist. Also in awe of dbanes skills. Even my wife is excited