When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Legend, a great guy and a true asset to this forum.

panerai153

Since there doesn't seem to be any place on the forum where you can give another member well deserved accolades for doing something above and beyond the call of duty, I'm posting this here. This is about Legend, a great member here.

I sent a broken watch to Legend, actually bought from another member, however it arrived DOA, and after repeated attempts to get it repaired, I decided to sell it for parts. Legend thought it was too nice to give up on, and It needed another chance. He offered to get Spinmaster to take a look at it Legend personally took it to Spinmaster and dropped it off. Long story short, some things that a noted watch repair person had said were done and parts replaced, were not. Spin got it working fine, and really was very reasonable with the charges. Legend picked it up, wrapped it and posted it back to me. The watch was a long time getting back here, and Legend was with me every step of the way including initiating a trace with Singapore Post. the watch finally got here and is running fine. I just want to say that Legend is a true friend, and he is the sort of person that will definitely go the extra mile to make sure everything is right. I cannot put in words how grateful I am to him for taking his time to get it delivered to Spin, pick it up and post it back to me. I sincerely hope that one day I can repay the favor.

• Like 3

I love to hear stories like this. Reinvigorates my belief in the human race and illustrates what a great community we have here. Communities are only as good as the people within. Big props to Legend for helping out a fellow member and big props to Pan153 for sharing this with us.

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

• Like 3

To expand on above the OP /Paneria153 is also a guy who goes above and beyond and it is not very well known that he worked behind the scenes with me on the MD2020 fiasco. This was not on the group thread just between us and his help and consul was invaluable to me through the many months of laborious efforts to secure the guys goods. Although all our work was for the most part was fruitless the outcome does not diminish the accolades that should be espoused for going again above and beyond to help fellow members.

• Like 3

Thanks Mike,

I agree with you, we were not successful in the end, but in I believe that it brought a lot of us closer together. Adversity does that sometimes. This was one situation where I wish I could have done more, it just wasn't to be I suppose. I'm a firm believer in "paying it forward". Also, we never know when we are going to need help either.

• Like 3

Oh my.. this is embarrassing to say the least.. I was not expecting something like this A!

I do not think that what I did was extraordinary, or worthy of such a public mention buddy. What I did can be humbly, simply and appositely termed "helping a friend out" in my culture. Of course, I was the sender of the watch, and it was my absolute responsibility to do what I could to ensure that the watch reaches you well! Anything less would be irresponsible on my part. I have spoken to someone at Singpost, and I now discovered that the delay in your parcel was due in part to the snowstorm which was terrorizing parts of the US (God bless those affected).

The forum was established for things like this. A place where we gather, make friends, learn about watches, trade stuff, and most importantly, a place where we experience and contribute to the flow the human kindness in little ways, and lend a helping hand to others in need. Together, we can create our own oasis in the desert of real-world chaos, where kindness and knowledge are abundantly passed around. I think you would have done the the same for me and others needing the assistance if such an opportunity entered your sphere of expertise and resource. How we want RWG to be is up to us entirely. It can be either a niche for superficial acquaintances and individualistic forages for knowledge and deals, or a place where we congregate and make real friends, and learn that life is a lot more about watches. We congregate based on a common passion, but we have all gained a lot more than nice watches in our collection, or noesis about them..

There is a close knit group of guys here, who are the real extraordinary members of RWG. You, A are one of them, with your staid and constant dispensation of wisdom and advice to the less learned or enlightened. Another is Mike (still on the same bike) who is almost ubiquitous in his tireless patrol of the forum, keeping it safe for us. Many other guys here do a lot more than I do, and deserve much more props than I. I am just happy to be here, and to help where I can.

You guys are assets much more than I am. I am just happy that you, big A, got your watch back safe and sound and I am glad we never gave up. Thank you for your kind patience and understanding and trust, and thank you for never doubting me for a single moment throughout this episode. Had it been anyone with lesser patience, I could have been called out as a scammer instead of getting the very generous and undeserved compliments you have kindly heaped upon me.

Thank you very much A. 

Mr A just take a Bow for once you helped me with so Many problems In this past year and helped alot others

Just to name a few PP problem a watch sale gone wrong advice and

You are a great winged brother and i wish more people was Like you The World Would be a much better place

• Like 3

The forum was established for things like this. A place where we gather, make friends, learn about watches, trade stuff, and most importantly, a place where we experience and contribute to the flow the human kindness in little ways, and lend a helping hand to others in need. Together, we can create our own oasis in the desert of real-world chaos, where kindness and knowledge are abundantly passed around.

I've never heard a better description for why RWG exists. That was spectacularly well said.

We few, we happy few. We band of brothers.

Well done, gentlemen. :tu:

• Like 2

Amen to that brother.

Strangely this "hobby" and forum becomes a daily routine for me.

Thanks for legend and other good members that make this place a second home for me.

In closing, "And one day pam153, there will come a day when i will need your help. Be ready until that day come." We are that kind of family. Lol

• Like 2

Great to hear but like Mike I'm not surprised that Legend went the extra mile mate, he's one of the best members I know and feel honoured to call him my friend :notworthy:  This is why I love this place, it has some of the best members around the boards :)    

• Like 1

Guest baleinedessable

Legend is a true gentleman, helpful, kind, a very rare type of guy and I have to thank him again for being so generous and simply, a great, great guy. Hope we will meet some day. I miss that kind of people in real life.

@kernow in my head I imagine this is what legend will say to you:

We've known each other many years, but this is the first time you came to me for counsel,

for help. I can't remember the last time that you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is godmother to your only child. But let's be frank here: you

never wanted my friendship. And uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.

@kernow in my head I imagine this is what legend will say to you:

We've known each other many years, but this is the first time you came to me for counsel,

for help. I can't remember the last time that you invited me to your house for a cup of coffee, even though my wife is godmother to your only child. But let's be frank here: you

never wanted my friendship. And uh, you were afraid to be in my debt.

Very entertaining buddy. Good to see another Mario Puco fan here. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Cream always rises, Legend is a top guy and a top member, thrilled to call him a freind

AJ

Legend is a true gentleman, helpful, kind, a very rare type of guy and I have to thank him again for being so generous and simply, a great, great guy. Hope we will meet some day. I miss that kind of people in real life.

Great to hear but like Mike I'm not surprised that Legend went the extra mile mate, he's one of the best members I know and feel honoured to call him my friend :notworthy: This is why I love this place, it has some of the best members around the boards :)

Amen to that brother.

Strangely this "hobby" and forum becomes a daily routine for me.

Thanks for legend and other good members that make this place a second home for me.

In closing, "And one day pam153, there will come a day when i will need your help. Be ready until that day come." We are that kind of family. Lol

Ah my friends. I'm honored to return your generous friendships in kind. Thank you very much. I'm not worthy of the accolades but I am working hard to earn them! ;)

You're the ones that made this place special. I'm here to ride the waves you made!

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

Since there doesn't seem to be any place on the forum where you can give another member well deserved accolades for doing something above and beyond the call of duty, I'm posting this here. This is about Legend, a great member here.

I sent a broken watch to Legend, actually bought from another member, however it arrived DOA, and after repeated attempts to get it repaired, I decided to sell it for parts. Legend thought it was too nice to give up on, and It needed another chance. He offered to get Spinmaster to take a look at it Legend personally took it to Spinmaster and dropped it off. Long story short, some things that a noted watch repair person had said were done and parts replaced, were not. Spin got it working fine, and really was very reasonable with the charges. Legend picked it up, wrapped it and posted it back to me. The watch was a long time getting back here, and Legend was with me every step of the way including initiating a trace with Singapore Post. the watch finally got here and is running fine. I just want to say that Legend is a true friend, and he is the sort of person that will definitely go the extra mile to make sure everything is right. I cannot put in words how grateful I am to him for taking his time to get it delivered to Spin, pick it up and post it back to me. I sincerely hope that one day I can repay the favor.

Oh my lord.. I finally have someone feel the same way about Mr.A as I do. 

A true friend and a true asset. 

Assets includes but not limited to:

1. Maserati, McLaren, Lexus, Porsche GT3

2. Crap load of crazy gen watches

Last but not least, a humble, sincere and an amazing character. 

P.S Can this be put as a sticky as a role model for other members?    :notworthy:

Edited by folex

This is what makes RWG unique - a true camaraderie. I have personally experienced this myself from other members.

Perhaps a sticky attesting to everyone's personal experiences - a sticky of fame for plain old good deeds!

• Like 1

About time......A- have been a stand-up member since he joined 3 years ago. He is one of the Merlion Posse that's been a great asset to this forum. That MD2020 fiasco was when I really got to know

him and then a fund raising for one of our sick member....he's always been there.

Great Job A-! Cheers :drunk:  :1a:  :innocent:

• Like 1