When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important annoucemet regards my status regarding current work

SSTEEL

I have just been made aware that this great community on here have been rallying around, and putting a small collection together in support of me, and my family, I am speechless, and truly humbled to say the least, I was not expecting this, however this forum never seizes to amaze me, so I would like to extend my thanks tho everyone who has participated in the collection for me, and my family.  THANK YOU ALL!  

Andy has been the brainchild behind this support, and it has been him working away behind the scenes collecting the donations, so yet again, I have to extend my sincere thanks to you, Andy for everything mate, you are amazing!

• Like 2

Would you expect anything less?

We all feel for you so Andy came up with a great idea and the fellow members agreed with him to try and support you.

We are honoured to have a great watchsmith here too. So much difference between forums in the way people get treated eh?

• Like 2

Exactly G, amazing, after all the ill treatment and slander I had thrown at me regarding a not so happy customer next door, and even after refunding him 100% of his money for his budget build, I ended up part of a which hunt, which ultimately ended up with me being banned on there, and having 11k posts there, and being apart of their community for two years, was quite a blow seeing how some guys behaved.

Now this place on the other hand is worlds apart, that is for sure.  The compassion, support, and help everyone has shown, and given to me, I admit I am truly humbled, and lost for words, even my wife is equally amazed, but she was sceptical after the way I was treated on the other forum, but she was reassured when Andy came to my rescue, getting me to the hospital in time for me to say goodbye to my mother.

Absolutely amazing community, thank you all.!

I have just been made aware that this great community on here have been rallying around, and putting a small collection together in support of me, and my family, I am speechless, and truly humbled to say the least, I was not expecting this, however this forum never seizes to amaze me, so I would like to extend my thanks tho everyone who has participated in the collection for me, and my family.  THANK YOU ALL!  

Andy has been the brainchild behind this support, and it has been him working away behind the scenes collecting the donations, so yet again, I have to extend my sincere thanks to you, Andy for everything mate, you are amazing!

Playing this game again?

Since you are apparently unable to control your speech, I will control it for you.  Your posting privileges are suspended for 7 days.

You're welcome to try again after that.  Try to act like an adult next time.

• Like 5

Thank you very much Sir B!! You are much more benevolent than I !! I would have dropped the ban hammer on this idiot post haste.

It shows this persons true character, total lack of compassion, no sense of propriety, in a time like this when a fellow member has suffered such a great loss. I have absolutely no tolerance for people like this. If you can't say something positive at a time like this, at least have the common decency to keep your thoughts to yourself.

Having lost my wife of 38 years and both parents, I can say with certainty, at a time like this folks need a strong shoulder to lean on. I certainly have a huge amount of empathy for Mickey and his family during these trying times. I am proud to be a member of this community. And I am gratified by the care and help that has been shown by the vast majority of members here.

Mickey, it takes a long time to heal, friends and family are the most important medicine that can be prescribed for that, and even with all that it is still difficult. Just be assured, we are here and we are here for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Since you are apparently unable to control your speech, I will control it for you.  Your posting privileges are suspended for 7 days.

You're welcome to try again after that.  Try to act like an adult next time.

Speech and bladder both, judging from the way he was trying to piss all over a somber situation.. ;)

Totally out of place there. 

Good call Big B. 

Thank you very much Sir B!! You are much more benevolent than I !! I would have dropped the ban hammer on this idiot post haste.

It shows this persons true character, total lack of compassion, no sense of propriety, in a time like this when a fellow member has suffered such a great loss. I have absolutely no tolerance for people like this. If you can't say something positive at a time like this, at least have the common decency to keep your thoughts to yourself.

Having lost my wife of 38 years and both parents, I can say with certainty, at a time like this folks need a strong shoulder to lean on. I certainly have a huge amount of empathy for Mickey and his family during these trying times. I am proud to be a member of this community. And I am gratified by the care and help that has been shown by the vast majority of members here.

Mickey, it takes a long time to heal, friends and family are the most important medicine that can be prescribed for that, and even with all that it is still difficult. Just be assured, we are here and we are here for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very sorry for your losses, too. I can't even begin to imagine the pain of losing your partner in crime after so many years, not to mention both parents. Edited by Mendota Explorer

Micky you've proved yourself here. Your work and actions speak for themselves. That's how good reputations are earned, by putting down good bricks one at a time, building a strong foundation.

Keep up the good work. :tu:

• Like 2

Dear Micky,

I am not well acquainted with you, but I have a mother, and I feel your pain. We may be separated by physical distance and cultures, but we are bound by the same frailness and beauty of humanity. It must have been a tragic day for you.

None the less, there is a modicum of comfort in knowing that her passing was within your expectation and not an abrupt shock, though it would do little to mitigate your loss of a loved one. You, me, and everyone else on this planet, we are born to live and none of us would escape the eventuality of passing from the life we now know. I have always made it a point to tell those around me, not to fret about things we cannot change, and do our best for things we can. We cannot change the fact of death, but we can, while living, make each day count for us and those around us. I am certain that your mother lived her life well, and she would continue existing in memories of her loved ones. I am sure that she would understand and appreciate your grief, but she would want you to pick yourself up and continue your journey with your head held high and with courage, knowing you did all you could.

Death happens when the physical body succumbs, but I have never heard of the human spirit dying. Your mother has simply transcended from being a physical being you could see and touch and hear, to a spiritual being with whom you would be united with again one day.

Be strong Micky, and be the man that she would want you to be. If you need any assistance, here we are, some of us still have mothers, some do not anymore, but I am sure that all of us would understand your grief and reach out to you. 

Above all, RWG is a community about humanity. Oh yes, we talk about gen and rep watches quite a bit I concede, but the greatest gain here is not that 1:1 super rep you could purchase from another member, but how you make really good friends and know superbly wonderful people in here. 

Some beautiful words A...

Micky, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

• Like 1

Dear All

I do not know the member PB or the background however find their comments most inappropriate, distasteful and lacking any compassion.

I am however delighted to confirm that the received contributions (not an insignificant amount) was sent to Micky yesterday which has already been put towards the families costs and been very humbly and gratefully received.

May I personally say a huge thank you to each and every one of you that has shown great compassion and support for a fellow member and less we forget, a great watch smith.

Best regards

Andy

• Like 1

Well done all. Let's hope Micky can now grieve in peace. It's a terrible thing to lose ones parent, even though it comes to us all.

Whatever PB thinks about SSTEEL this is NOT the place for it. That has been done to death next door.

• Like 2

Thanks once again for everyones support, its been greatly received, and has helped me through this great loss.  I thought I would post the below info as I have done just now in my section on RG.

As many of you know, I have recently lost my mother to Cancer, and needed some private time to mourn, and grieve my loss. 

My priority now when I return to work on Monday is to complete all current jobs that are here with me right now. During this time, I will not be taking on any additional work until all current jobs have been completed, and returned to their owners.

Please bare this in mind before contacting me with regards any new repair enquiries. 

If you have a watch that needs repair, give me a couple of weeks before contacting me, thanks.

Regards

Micky

Mickey, that sounds fine. Anyone who doesn't understand the situation or is upset because you can't fix their watch for the next week or two is not deserving of your service and should be put on your "Do not waste my time because hell will freeze over before I repair one of your watches" list. I can guarantee you won't lose any of the customers of the kind that you really want!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2