When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Important annoucemet regards my status regarding current work

SSTEEL

My deepest condolences Mickey i know how you feel again not long ago my father passed

You saw her and Said goodbye and so did she see you

A wise man once Said

No one ever dies aslong people live on In their Hearts

you Will see her again someday like all of our loved ones

Take good Care of yourself In this hard time

• Like 1

Mickey,

My condolences to you and your family, I am so glad that you were able to get back to see your mother. Be happy in the respect that her suffering is over and she is in a better place. I know that words are not adequate to express the sorrow that family members feel upon the passing of a loved one. Be glad that in your case, your mother was lucid almost to the end. You were able to say goodby, and she was was in a state that she knew that you and your sister were there and knew that you loved her and she loved you. I was not so fortunate, my mother suffer from Altzhimer's that had progressed to the point that she did not recognize anyone. Saying goodby was very hard as we knew that she couldn't understand or acknowledge any of her family. Remember the good times you had together and let those good times help you through the bad times that you are going through now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Very sorry for your loss Micky, my condolences. 

Glad you spend the time of her passing on the phone with your sister. 

The only positive thing is you can (try to) have peace with it now. Your mother doesn't have to suffer anymore. 

Take care, Mick. 

Very sorry for your loss, I too lost my mother 28 years ago and am now much older than she was when she passed, she was 42. I flew over to see her from Spain and got to spend some time with her in her last moments and this time I will always cherish. Now my Dad is 80 and I try to visit him as much as I can, there was a time when I didn't visit for a few years because we had a fight and now I have decided to go back an see him every summer, I don't want the day to come that I regret not seeing him for something foolish. It's tough my friend, not a day goes by that I don't think of my mother. Now I have a daughter of my own who every time I look at her I see a little bit of my mother in her, she's 19 now and I know her grandmother would have been so proud of her. I am so sorry for your loss, we all grieve with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, having a hard time dealing with it right now, and some of my customers are getting a little worried, and impatient, wanting their watches back, and having to repeat myself over and over on why the delay, is tiresome.

Micky, even though you were expecting it, it will still be a shock to you and it will take time to adjust. ANY customer of yours that doesn't show compassion/sympathy should not be welcomed back in my opinion. Yes, business is business, but this is community (as AJ has proved) and people should understand and support you. Send your group email, explain that you will be in contact in a week, two weeks or whatever. It's not going to cause anyone problems not having a 'fake' watch for a few more days.

• Like 1

My condolences to you and all your family Mickey. Remember the good times and the good and fun times you've had with your Mum. Celebrate her life!

And definitely send that group email out, doesn't need details, but do state you'll be "off line" for 'x' weeks and you won't be reading any emails or working until your return, "thank you for your understanding, etc, etc."

• Like 1

It is an awful situation, made worse by the fact that other forum members are dealing with the recent theft from the watchsmith Rex over on RG. Similar to the MD2020 fiasco here. And then that forum member was recently slandering you on some of the boards. I'd send the email out. Anyone with half a sense of decency and compassion will understand. Hang in there.

• Like 1

My mom passed away peacefully in the last hour. :(  I was on the phone with my sister, Kerry at the time of her passing.

This, although expected, has weighed heavily on my persona, so please fdorgive me if I don't post anything for a few days.

I wish to thank everyone who have shown support, strength, and prayers during my ordeal, and most importantly, Andy for getting me to my mom before she passed.

Dear Micky,

I am not well acquainted with you, but I have a mother, and I feel your pain. We may be separated by physical distance and cultures, but we are bound by the same frailness and beauty of humanity. It must have been a tragic day for you.

None the less, there is a modicum of comfort in knowing that her passing was within your expectation and not an abrupt shock, though it would do little to mitigate your loss of a loved one. You, me, and everyone else on this planet, we are born to live and none of us would escape the eventuality of passing from the life we now know. I have always made it a point to tell those around me, not to fret about things we cannot change, and do our best for things we can. We cannot change the fact of death, but we can, while living, make each day count for us and those around us. I am certain that your mother lived her life well, and she would continue existing in memories of her loved ones. I am sure that she would understand and appreciate your grief, but she would want you to pick yourself up and continue your journey with your head held high and with courage, knowing you did all you could.

Death happens when the physical body succumbs, but I have never heard of the human spirit dying. Your mother has simply transcended from being a physical being you could see and touch and hear, to a spiritual being with whom you would be united with again one day.

Be strong Micky, and be the man that she would want you to be. If you need any assistance, here we are, some of us still have mothers, some do not anymore, but I am sure that all of us would understand your grief and reach out to you. 

Above all, RWG is a community about humanity. Oh yes, we talk about gen and rep watches quite a bit I concede, but the greatest gain here is not that 1:1 super rep you could purchase from another member, but how you make really good friends and know superbly wonderful people in here.