When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Usernames

dadog13

I've been involved with the Burningman Project since 1998 or so (see link here http://www.burningman.com/ ). In 1999 I decided to volunteer as a Black Rock Ranger and since you can't have 8 guys named John talking on the radio in the middle of a white out in the desert at 3:00am with 35,000 freaks going off and flame and explosions everywhere Rangers have to have an individual 'call sign' that needs to be easy to understand on a radio.

I was kind of stumped for a call sign and went shooting one day with a bunch of the Rangers before the event, and I guess I impressed them with what a Steyr SSG can do to ferocious attacking grapefruit at 300-400m :whistling:

Also since my initials are L.S. and to many of my friends it was an extreme 'long shot' that they would ever get me to actually go with them to the "freak fest in the desert ", when someone suggested 'longshot' I decided to go with it as my call sign and have used it on-line too ever since

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got Zorro from my avatar who is actually Clint Eastwood as Blondie on the "the good, the bad & the ugly" one of my favorite actors, but since i'm more of a latin lover than a blondie, i changed the name to Zorro who is also latin, i originally used blondie as "Motorola Man" at two of the cell-phone forums i moderate for.

Motorola Man > 33228-40039.gif33228-40040.jpg< Blondie

so there you go!!

Excellent! Which symphony is your favorite among his all excellent scores?

I still like #1 .

Le adoro tutte ma la mia preferita è la Sinfonia n° 9.

C'è qualcosa che travalica lo spazio disegnato dalle note verso quel mistero magico che è il luogo dove fugge il suono quando non s'ode più.

Even if I adore all, I preferred The symphony number 9.

There is something that crosses the space drawn by the notes toward that magic mystery in place where it runs away the sound when is not heard anymore....

• 2 months later...

Cib0rman. I have been using this nick since 1997 when the IRC and the internet start in my home country, it use to be cyborg, but the was another guy who always bug to give him back his nick so I change it to ciborgman.

also I misspelled wrong for security reasons harder to hack.

I am a computer Geek. :bleh:

• 2 years later...
Kruzer00 does not hail from my days in Chelsea (New York) or the Al Pacino movie "Cruising." Rather, it refers to my favorite motorcycle - Bourgets Bikeworks Kruzer. Guess what year I bought it? Bright orange, flamed out, 40 degrees of rake, 2 inches of stretch. oil flows through the frame and seat sits 18 inches off the ground. It has a Kendall Johnson "modded" 113 cu inch engine making 135 horses at 12.8 compression. Rad for a v-twin. If I was at home I would post a pic.

Picture my baby on Park Avenue at 8 am heading out to upstate New York setting off every car alarm along the way. It's kind of like the PAM 187 - big, obnoxious and you can't miss it. :D

kool numbers 113"

• 11 months later...
I have played Counter Strike online for about 6 years and this is my tag ..... :gun2::blowup: :blowup: :ph34r:=@ =@

Counter - Strike took over my life between 2000 to 2006, it was my passion! but now im over it!

anyways, my nickname stands for the famous Metallica Album/Song titled "Master Of Puppets" released in 1986, which made them the living legends they are right now

My avatar is a pic of James Hetfield, the lead vocalist of Metallica

I have had the nick since the supercomputer was in a planning stage in the late 90`s. ASCIWhite is very old news now, but the nick has been with me so long its become synonymous with me!

ASCIWhite was a supercomputer at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California.

It was a computer cluster based on IBM's commercial RS/6000 SP computer. 512 of these machines were connected together for ASCIWhite, with 16 processors per node and 8,192 processors in total with 6 terabytes of memory and 160 terabytes of disk storage. Despite these formidable statistics, each processor was very slow by 2009 standards, operating at a mere 375 MHz. Therefore, it was almost exclusively used for computations requiring dozens of processors. The computer weighed 106 tons and consumed 3 MW of electricity with a further 3 MW needed for cooling. It had a theoretical processing speed of 7,226 gigaflops. The system ran IBM's AIX operating system.

ASCIWhite was made up of three individual systems, the 512 node White, the 28 node Ice and the 68 node Frost.

The system was built in Poughkeepsie, New York. Completed in June 2000 it was transported to specially built facilities in California and officially dedicated on August 15, 2001. Claimed performance was 12,300 gigaflops, although this was not achieved in the widely accepted LINPACK tests. The system cost $110 million.

It was built as stage three of the Accelerated Strategic Computing Initiative (ASCI) started by the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Nuclear Security Administration to build a simulator to replace live WMD testing following the moratorium on testing started by President George H. W. Bush in 1992 and extended by Bill Clinton in 1993.

The machine was decommissioned beginning July 27, 2006. :(

Ronin = Masterless Samurai. Loaner, drifter. Study Japanese language in College. I have been involved in multiple Martial Arts for 25 years!

Q = added since Ronin was taken already (abandoned account here). Q as in James Bond Q-Branch. (Pulled this outta my arse)

I reckon the name came to be because I like ham sandwiches and boning women. Hamming and boning, boning and hamming....hambone. This might be to much for the lay person to absorb in one day, but hey, time is what we are all about here. ;)

I chose the screen name "fool" years ago as my internet moniker because of a tarot card saying, "The Fool always wins."

I added the 2 because so many of these forums never require me to log in that I forget my passwords. When I got a new computer I couldn't log in anywhere and my old e-mail is dormant so I couldn't even get it sent to my inbox. All new profiles were made with the new name "fool2" and now I just add the 2 wherever I go.

Edited by fool2