When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Calling all the olde timers(get it) :-).........check in

Justasgood

Ok, I have been gone for far too long and with my daughter's 19th birthday today, I got to thinking about family. Not just immediate but everyone that has touched me and my family. I have spent a long time here and on the original board. Thousands of posts, dollars and communications have come and gone. But I have to tell ya, I miss the environment that was RWG!

I have no idea who is still active or lurking, but let this post serve as a roll call to update us all on :

Where you are in life

Status of your collection

Milestones or reasons to celebrate

News you may have of other members no longer active

etc, etc......

I miss you all and will always have a place in my heart and life for the members here at RWG.

So let's go, don't be shy.....

• Like 2

* Where I am in life...  work is incredibly challenging, incredibly dangerous, and the b@stages keep trying to promote me out of the job I love to do.  I have a good woman at my side, everything else is secondary.

* Status of the collection...  too dang many watches.  I'm up to 18 and I'd be happy with 6,  just the vintage gens.

* Milestones...  my daughter finally met a man I approve of and they were married.  I walked her down the aisle, and whispered in his ear "tag, you're it".

newcouple.jpg

My boy is a firefighter in Kotzebue, above the arctic circle.  I couldn't be prouder of him.

kotz.jpg

• Like 7

I'm still here. I don't post much. Feel like all the help, brotherhood and what not was all for nothing once I was banned from RWI. I'm a vendor over on RG now (US watchsmith). 

Things have changed so much. It'll be 13 years of membership here next month.

Where's Lanikai?

Edited by P4GTR
  • Like 1

Hello everybody.

I'm still getting notifications and thus I'm visiting from time to time.
But I must say my life has changed totally since I got sober (5 years ago) and broke (2 years ago) !

The brotherhood of RWG helped me a lot 2 years ago when I couldn't even imagine having a simple job back.
You guys gave me a couple of watches and hundreds of euros that kept me alive till I found a job.

I'm back on track, a radio presenter job during nights and weekends, still sober, publishing a blog about my alcoholism.
I earn a very nice income, live in a nice flat and eat more than enough. 
I don't have the financial power to buy reps (and certainly not gens), but I'm more into spiritual living than I was before, so all is fine.

Great to have news from you guys !

Keep safe,
Stephane

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Me and sweet Caroline out for some Nawlins food for her birthday!

image.jpg

7 minutes ago, Stephane said:

Hello everybody.

I'm still getting notifications and thus I'm visiting from time to time.
But I must say my life has changed totally since I got sober (5 years ago) and broke (2 years ago) !

The brotherhood of RWG helped me a lot 2 years ago when I couldn't even imagine having a simple job back.
You guys gave me a couple of watches and hundreds of euros that kept me alive till I found a job.

I'm back on track, a radio presenter job during nights and weekends, still sober, publishing a blog about my alcoholism.
I earn a very nice income, live in a nice flat and eat more than enough. 
I don't have the financial power to buy reps (and certainly not gens), but I'm more into spiritual living than I was before, so all is fine.

Great to have news from you guys !

Keep safe,
Stephane

God Bless you Stephane and congrats on beating the beast!!!!

I am glad you are well and I am going to dig around to see if I have a watch I can send you, can’t let you be sober with a nekkid if wrist🤣

Edited by Justasgood
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, P4GTR said:

Where's Lanikai?

I've spent some time with him, he's up to his eyeballs in a bunch of new, worthy endeavours and they take all his time.  What a great guy.

lani.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P4GTR said:

I'm still here. I don't post much. Feel like all the help, brotherhood and what not was all for nothing once I was banned from RWI. I'm a vendor over on RG now (US watchsmith). 

Things have changed so much. It'll be 13 years of membership here next month.

Where's Lanikai?

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Send me a PM, would like to work with you and I hope that the group here was better than worthless😎

20 minutes ago, Nanuq said:

I've spent some time with him, he's up to his eyeballs in a bunch of new, worthy endeavours and they take all his time.  What a great guy.

lani.jpg

Damn, who’s wearing the watch on His ankle?😳

2 hours ago, Nanuq said:

* Where I am in life...  work is incredibly challenging, incredibly dangerous, and the b@stages keep trying to promote me out of the job I love to do.  I have a good woman at my side, everything else is secondary.

* Status of the collection...  too dang many watches.  I'm up to 18 and I'd be happy with 6,  just the vintage gens.

* Milestones...  my daughter finally met a man I approve of and they were married.  I walked her down the aisle, and whispered in his ear "tag, you're it".

newcouple.jpg

My boy is a firefighter in Kotzebue, above the arctic circle.  I couldn't be prouder of him.

kotz.jpg

Let me know if you “need” to move some watches South👌🏼

Edited by Justasgood
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nanuq said:

Yeah those are pretty scrawny wrists for an ex-bodybuilder eh?  

Wait ... he's not logged on, is he?    :ph34r:

WTF!!😳 Well, Island life and a good woman make your wrist shrink🤪 

My wrist are large.......😂

Me and my boy, waiting for the grub....Photobomb by Caroline

image.jpg

Me and my beautiful bride of 20+ years and the family Christmas 2018

486A9DCB-2EE2-4A65-A98A-57D9468559CE.png

11B5898D-141C-46C1-BCF6-7C17559EA484.png

Note the cameo by the only rep I own.......

• Like 3

Still here...  but damn. This place is almost dead. A real pity. Don’t know why. I spend most of my time lurking at RepGeek under a different name. Sold most of my reps and still do a a lot of watch restaurations and other watch work. Mainly gens. Father of 2 beautiful daughters (4&7) which grow up way too fast. Working for the ‘man’ still sucks and hoping I can make a living out of watches somehow in the future. A man can dream....

All the best B)

Mark

Edited by Rolexman
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rolexman said:

Still here...  but damn. This place is almost dead. A real pity. Don’t know why. I spend most of my time lurking at RepGeek under a different name. Sold most of my reps and still do a a lot of watch restaurations and other watch work. Mainly gens. Father of 2 beautiful daughters (4&7) which grow up way too fast. Working for the ‘man’ still sucks and hoping I can make a living out of watches somehow in the future. A man can dream....

All the best B)

Mark

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thanks for chiming I’m Mark. 

why can’t we old geezers breathe some life back into this place?  We all still enjoy watches correct? We all have life [censored] dumped upon us, we have work [censored] and family crap.....let us show the way back.....

perhaps I poured too much Tito’s in my cup, but hey, I’m still a dreamer🤪

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Justasgood said:

Thanks for chiming I’m Mark. 

why can’t we old geezers breathe some life back into this place?  We all still enjoy watches correct? We all have life [censored] dumped upon us, we have work [censored] and family crap.....let us show the way back.....

perhaps I poured too much Tito’s in my cup, but hey, I’m still a dreamer🤪

image.png

Go for it,  I’ll support that all the way

• Like 1

I think it’s GREAT seeing all the old names! Some real fond memories here. Now what we need is a real controversy to get the juices flowing again.

Muwahahahahahaaaaaa

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nanuq said:

I think it’s GREAT seeing all the old names! Some real fond memories here. Now what we need is a real controversy to get the juices flowing again.

Muwahahahahahaaaaaa

No we don’t, I’m sick of you Yanks telling us what we want

"They can bearly keep the place running!"

I know what you mean.  We can barely keep the bears fed...since they closed the vacation roads to Yankees.

Wait a minute!  That was not PC.  I take it back!

Nanuq:  "Now what we need is a real controversy to get the juices flowing again."

Sogeha:  "No we don’t, I’m sick of you Yanks telling us what we want."

You cant blame me.

I'm 51% Irish, 47% England & Wales,

...and 2% BS.  :animal_rooster: