When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

D. L. Gates has arrived!

Esmarc

hum, sort of like the kids who act like they know a certain someone, b/c that someone seems to be a real hardass and/or cool dude? :bleh::bleh::bleh:

Dude, come on. I know who he is, almost everone does if you EVER, and I mean EVER used the search feature on the old board.

Edited by Dutchy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

w00t the infamous search button :p

all i can say is he's a cool dude and i love his classy collection and i hope we get him back soon, but there's also the possibility that its someone playing a sick joke, like the previous fake accounts that were made

w00t the infamous search button :p

all i can say is he's a cool dude and i love his classy collection and i hope we get him back soon, but there's also the possibility that its someone playing a sick joke, like the previous fake accounts that were made

True.

P.S. However mean you get slay.....kenberg still loooooooves you......he told me ;)

Edited by Dutchy

99.99% sure it's the real dave :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow, How nice to see Dave back. Contgrats my friiend as know you have had a tough year...

Great to see you hear. Dave Gates was one of the people who helped me when I first started on Watch Forums about a 1 1/2 years ago...

Thanks Dave....Welcome :thumbsupsmileyanim::wub:

MM

Hey, guys, thanks for all the notoriety! I haven't really disappeared from the face of the earth but have stayed in touch with lots of you. Thanks especially for messages from Ken, Phil, Neil, Steve, the Jeffs, John, Scott, [censored], Doug, and others. It took me a couple days after Ken alerted me to the new web address to dig up the old avatar and other junk and get set up. Obviously some of the members here have no idea why the hell I am of any interest, so I guess I should ask if I need to copy all my old photo-reviews from the old RWG over to here--is the old site about to disappear from the face of the earth or not? About the time the discussion about the transition was taking place, I took off on a little road trip for a while, enjoying some of the Texas Wine Trails (there are actually some good wines being produced in this part of the world, hard as that may be for some to believe), so fell behind in knowing what was going on.

Anyway, old friends know that I had a couple months of a bad patch with [first time ever] clinical depression, from which I'm glad to say I am into the recovery stages so hope to wean off the pills before long. Meanwhile, I've had a lot of mess to deal with, including a complete tear-off re-roofing of my former house. It took me just under two months to get prepared to move into my new house and then another two months to get everything straight (well, almost everything except one of the most important rooms in the house, because it's so damned hard to find a good finish carpenter who will show up when you need him). Those who are not interested, please ignore, but personal friends who are interested can overlook the terribly badly-lit for-family snapshots and see what the new monument in suburbia is looking like as things progress. People tend to wonder why an old fart like me wants to live all by himself in this kind of place, but I had my first party middle of last month and it worked well. I'm about seven minutes from Galveston Bay, by the way, and about half an hour from the actual Gulf, still firmly in hurricane country.

As the pictures explain, I do not at the moment have any way to set up a photography studio (or painting studio or anything else like that) and my cases of watches are stacked along my bedroom wall for want of any better spot. When the library is done (if I ever find the right carpenter) they'll go upstairs. No, I haven't bought any more watches in recent months since I have way too many already. When I have time to let up a bit and get involved here again, I may be offering to sacrifice a few, however!

Anyway, days have been either busy or I've just been flat lazy, one way or the other. I had intended to get on-line last night and re-insert myself into this new gathering place, but after first a Happy Hour and then a big steak and then a continuation of enjoying the usquebaugh at my favorite pub (also about ten minutes away now), well...

I have a board meeting this evening so might not be back for a day or two--a new band to hear tomorrow night--but I'll start popping up now and again.

Cheers to you all!

(Gee it feels weird to be a newbie with post #1 !!!)

Edited by dlgates

Dave,

Glad to see ya back.... I feel your loss...

House is looking great :thumbsupsmileyanim:

When ya get all settled down and back in the swing of things, it sure would be nice to see your reviews again. Regarding the old site... Well we just don't know about it's future so we decided to take action before it was too late. Speaking for myself, I sure would have hated to go to RWG one day to find it had finally went down with no one to bring it back up...

Jeff.

Our main concern Dave is that life is now treating you well.

We have no idea how long the old board will stay up but if you need help in moving your threads I'm sure many of us are willing to help.

Yes at post number 0ne you are a newbie once more but the most respected newbie in the history of our boards.

Welcome Dave and thanks for coming. :thumbsupsmileyanim::)

Ken

Edit to add; just finnished leafing through your photo's and that surely is a beautiful new home you have there.

Dave, It's a sheer joy to hear from you and especially as you sound like you are getting back to your old self. You have been sorely missed friend but now that you may be able to drop in more often......well that just about makes this place complete!

Take care.

John