When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage Datewheels

The long awaited vintage overlays are now available for sale.

These are now being consistently produced at very tight tolerances; as part of our product testing, we installed these datewheels on four different MBW's and observed long term usage and operation to insure that (1) they could be consistently applied and installed and (2) the date function works correctly over an extended period of time. The reason for our extensive testing is a result of variation in case tolerances even within the same model watch- Dial and datewheel spacing can vary significantly. The result of our findings- The datewheel works properly with each of the MBWs we applied these to; having an MBW means you can substitute genuine parts but does not mean that the internal measurements are consistent. For that reason, just like the majority of other parts for modification which we have all purchased, you should assume that your overlay will need to be installed by a competent watchsmith who is used to performing these types of tasks on projects.

We will be happy to guarantee the overlay for print quality as well as the accuracy of the sizing and cutting. Obviously, we cannot guarantee that your particular piece can accept the overlays or that you have the skills and tools necessary to install the overlays successfully. If you have doubts when you receive the overlays, please return the unused overlay for a refund. If you decide to install the overlay yourself or at the local chop shop, regardless of the self-percieved watchsmithing skills involved, the overlay is not refundable nor returnable.

Please let us know via PM the quantity desired and we will provide you with paypal information. The price will be $30.00 each including shipping. We will discount the price to $25.00 for orders of five or more. Neither the price nor the discount will be negotiable. No one is going to get rich on this project but we're not interested in taking a loss either ;)

**NOTE: If you decide to purchase via paypal please only use the words Vintage Overlay in the subject and description. Any reference to a brand name will result in a refund to your Paypal; "No Overlay for you!"

212789-16342.jpg

212789-16343.jpg

212789-16344.jpg

Interested parties, please PM either myself or kruzer00.

Thank you,

Watchmeisters

Ubi... will this overlay be valid for my genuine Rolex Date 15000 case? I understand that yes because the original mov. for this watch was a 1570... isn'it?

I'm pretty sure that the movement in a 15000 Date is the 3035. That would be round top 3's and open 6's and 9's. A Luenfat datewheel would be correct, if you can get one.

I'm pretty sure that the movement in a 15000 Date is the 3035. That would be round top 3's and open 6's and 9's. A Luenfat datewheel would be correct, if you can get one.

I have the Luenfat's datewheel and it doesn't match (too big). The number is too big for the date window- I wil measure the datewheel and I'll let you know... Randy, could you give me the diameter of your datewheel?