When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

I'm having a go at $499 jus to see what happens and ordered one earlier this week. I'm happy to be a guineapig for the board on this one. I'm in the fortunate position not to miss the money if it does not work out and will be able to confirm or deny the details if it ever comes off which I doubt at this stage. I received an order number but nothing else. I also stated I would only complete the order subject to detailed pictures of the finsihed model including bracelet. Time will tell!

Keep us updated...

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't it weird that Paul is selling this same watch for $169? (New arrival) :lol:

http://www.wo-mart.com/product_info.php?cP...roducts_id=1165

It's a Noobmariner with a bit deepened rehaut & improved crown. Just look at the bezel insert, dial, datewheel & pearl. I'm quite sure these are same products. Those cg's aren't perfect, either. So I believe the whole 1:1 thing is a scam.

@watcher... mate: Don't send any money to George yet.

Edited by By-Tor

@ Bytor,

Paul's "So-called Perfect Sub" was added June 2006 and is the eta version of the Noobmariner that's been out for a year.

It would be nice if watchermaker9's case wasn't a scam, I guess we still need to check it out.

Could be. But it's still the same watch. Paul's Nooby has different crown than the ones I have owned.

Look at these closeups and compare it to Georges.

258955-5842.jpg

258955-5843.jpg

Then compare it to mine (with aftermarket gen-like pearl):

258955-5844.jpg

Edited by By-Tor

These are my new arrivals......Noo NOOBMARINER....deeper rehaut........!

258964-5828.jpg

258964-5829.jpg

258964-5830.jpg

258964-5831.jpg

258964-5832.jpg

258964-5833.jpg

258964-5834.jpg

258964-5835.jpg

258964-5836.jpg

258964-5837.jpg

258964-5838.jpg

And this one..MBW LV........sweet....!

258964-5839.jpg

258964-5840.jpg

258964-5841.jpg

Edited by TTK

I think by-tor might be onto something..... But, why is there such a delay for George? I have owned a Paul's "so called perfect" for a very long time now (at least 6 months or so, I could check my emails to see exactly when I bought it).

After looking at the watchmaker9 pics again I do notice that in some of the pics the watches are wrapped in the protective wrapping? Why on earth would a "pre-production" watch be wrapped!!!???? Maybe they ordered it from Paul ;)

Yep...well if dealers and their shills from other forums can do it....it's not beneath ole TTK......!

TTK, with products as nice as yours why not plug away ;) Here you go, I will even plug the 16610 LV MBW I just recived from you tooo. I love this watch...

258971-5823.jpg

258971-5824.jpg

258971-5825.jpg

258971-5826.jpg

258971-5827.jpg

The make up of the bezel is the first thing that jumped out from the pics, I would be interested to know if any of the new cases from the other collectors is the same. I have only seen the old style bezels but I haven't bought a rollie for a long time.

The make up of the bezel is the first thing that jumped out from the pics, I would be interested to know if any of the new cases from the other collectors is the same. I have only seen the old style bezels but I haven't bought a rollie for a long time.

I'm with Bazz on this, I'd love to see a bezel assembly that copied the original Rolex design, same rehaut and same cg's. It would be nice to slap a gen bezel insert on there w/o having to do a bunch of filing. Also, it would be nice if gen dials would fit.

As I recall, King had a sub six months ago or so that had copied the original bezel design more faithfully.

TTK's MBW 16610 has similar bezel assembly like in 316L's pics:

259537-5732.jpg

Eddie Lee's is a ETA noobmariner. I couldn't pop the bezel to look but I heard it also has a ring plate under the bezel for the click mechanism.

-bk

Edited by bklm1234