When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he can k**s my a**. $655.99 and you still have to change the dial, the crown, the insert, the bracelet and the bezel teeth are suspect.

-bk

c'mon! That's the most accurate sub I've seen to date. Pearl insert sure, no biggy. And if you extremely picky, the bezel teeth aren't 100%

But if you that picky, maybe it's best to buy a gen.

I can probably post a pic of a gen here and some of you will fault it :lol:

Edited by Rocsen

Not sure but, I think what bk means is that it still needs basically the same mods as say an MBW to be as close to perfect...but it still costs TWICE as much as you can typically get an MBW. But you still have to mod it.

c'mon! That's the most accurate sub I've seen to date. Pearl insert sure, no biggy. And if you extremely picky, the bezel teeth aren't 100%

But if you that picky, maybe it's best to buy a gen.

I can probably post a pic of a gen here and some of you will fault it :lol:

Not sure but, I think what bk means is that it still needs basically the same mods as say an MBW to be as close to perfect...but it still costs TWICE as much as you can typically get an MBW. But you still have to mod it.

Who sells MBW's though?

You call that the most accurate sub.. priced at $655... :blink: please tell me you're kidding!!

From all the dealers currently selling Subs, yes that is the best looking one. The 'perfect' subs being sold by Paul/Andrew/Josh etc currently look the worst. Noob/beginmariners look good. But not as good as this one. Price seem to have little relevance to how accurate they are, looking at the pricey 'perfect' models. So in this case I have totally excluded price from the equation.

So that leaves us with an MBW, which I've only heard of, but never seen. Can one actually buy them? And from whom?

Edited by Rocsen

The pics I posted in this thread are of my MBW which I got a few months ago. I got it from TTK...patience is definetly required if you want one (that's the only catch). I actually bought (2 of them) a standard 16610 and an LV I would say it took about a month to get each of them...I am very happy with them though. Not sure who else can source them.

there is no point buying this watch for $650 when you can have an MBW for $350.. they both need the same mods done. For the $300 saved, you've got enough to pay for your gen crown tube installed, a good bezel insert and pearl, and a Noobmariner to pillage for its bracelet and dial.

Its just another failed 1:1 promise. :nonono:

Yes I agree. It's definitely not 1:1, but did someone seriously except that?

I like the how the rehaut and crystal look. They look great. The crown is a major bummer to me... and like bklm said the bezel isn't what was promised. I didn't even catch that from those blurry pics. The Noob dial is better, yes, but that's virtually perfect, just like on the Noob factory GMT... and I'm sure they will never again replicate the dials that well again. But this is still better than the MBW/TW dials, imho.

It also has a lot of flaws which could have been easy to fix before releasing it. Bracelet, insert, crown. I'm thinking this watch in the $200 - $250 price range where it should be, just a standard Sub replica. I don't think anyone's stupid enough to even consider paying $655 for it. The predecessor of this model was a ETA Noobmariner (sorry Neil), which was also sold for an outrageous price.

Like I've said many times, it's only a matter of time when this is available through our dealers... and it certainly won't cost $655. For $200 or $250 it'd be a solid Sub replica.

The price George is quoting me is less than $655 by a long way because I was on the pre-order list. I think I will get one for the hell of it and see what happens. I like it actually and as by-tor says, it is the best one so far in many ways.

I will let you all know what happens.

AND IN TWO TONE.......WHY SPEND ANY MORE THAN YOU WOULD ON AN MBK......THEY TAKE ALL GEN PARTS......AND IMO....EASILY MEET THE MOST STRINGENT OF CRITERIA......UNLESS OF COURSE YOU'RE ANAL AND HAVE AN ORAL FIXATION.....!

333MBWROLEXTWOTONE1.jpg

333MBWROLEXTWOTONE6.jpg

333MBWROLEXTWOTONE9.jpg

333MBWROLEXTWOTONE5.jpg

333MBWROLEXTWOTONE3.jpg

333MBWROLEXTWOTONE8.jpg

MBW16613STEELGOLDBLACKSUB3.jpg

MBW16613STEELGOLDBLACKSUB1.jpg

$450.00 will buy you an MBK and a Noobmariner.....mix'n'match the dials.....hollow midlink bracelet etc etc.....and you don't need to spend $650.00....!

PS....the size and vsibilty of that laser etched crown is unbelievable.....comapre it to close up shots of the MBK's......hardly noticeable....which is how it should be.....it should really only be visible with a loupe......or at certain angles to those with absolutely perfect vision.....!

well if watchmaker9 was as honest as he says he is then he would send one of these new Subs to one of the Admin or MOds here for a review. After all this is one of the major rep forums that ive seen. One of you guys must know this guy? Tell him to step up and hand one over for analysis... and when you're done send it to me :p

Lonnie

I have done that and received good responses from George so far. I'm testing the water on this and will just add that I have paid quite a bit less than $650.

I will keep updated and post pictures and thoughts when it arrives, whenever that is! I have been around a long time and most of you know that I will be honest about it and not here to promote this guys goods. If at the time I have a gen Sub in my possesion I will post comparison angles for you too. B)

well if watchmaker9 was as honest as he says he is then he would send one of these new Subs to one of the Admin or MOds here for a review. After all this is one of the major rep forums that ive seen. One of you guys must know this guy? Tell him to step up and hand one over for analysis... and when you're done send it to me :p

Lonnie

That's the inherent problem--it's impossible to mail something that doesn't exist.

;)