When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

??? I don't quite know what to say. A further investigation seems to be in order here - but I def. smell rotten fish.

Looks to me that Mr. 9 & Co. are also selling reps for top dollar.

Most importantly, I find it quite funny that a supposed experienced IWC and Patek Philippe repair technician sells reps. This is total bulllshit.

i could just be but the etched crowns are wayyyy to visible on those photos .... considering one of them is supposedly genuine its really difficult to even see the etching at six (on gens) with the naked eye nevermind with a camera...

Watchmaker9 are shiping their watches from asia like many other dealers here. and the watches have not been exlusive for vm9 so far. Hopefully we will see this sub at a much lower price from our trusted dealers sometime soon. I can

i am well aware of wm9's schenanigans but i MIGHT just pull the trigger on this one @ 499usd, if this is indeed a 1:1 case...

When you compare it to the "perfect" @448 or what ever it is it is not a bad thing. Is it better than an MBW, im not an expert, looks like there is no need to mod the CGs on these and if it takes gen parts the same as MBWs? Is the dial better than the current batch from maria, reading yesterday about the newer ons being generally not too good?

Fool me once - shame on . . . . Me? Fool me

Watchmaker9 won't get fooled again

Avoid scam artists - if its real, the real deal will get it eventually.

patience young skywalkers - patience

and besides watchmaker9 isn't just a scam artists, - he is a retarded / Mentally Challenged one. Who has several times attempted to shill on this board. And can't even come up with an original way to do it. I wouldn't wipe my ass with printouts of his website - its already full of SHEET

i will email all dealers to see if they will get this model anytime soon. i thought that modern mbw subs do not take gen parts, only the vintage ones? im no expert either so i dont know, but if this is a 1:1 case you can get a gen crown and tube with no tapping and if youre lucky you can find a gen dial and it should fit right in. i dont think you can fit a gen dial on an mbw case...

When you compare it to the "perfect" @448 or what ever it is it is not a bad thing. Is it better than an MBW, im not an expert, looks like there is no need to mod the CGs on these and if it takes gen parts the same as MBWs? Is the dial better than the current batch from maria, reading yesterday about the newer ons being generally not too good?

??? I don't quite know what to say. A further investigation seems to be in order here - but I def. smell rotten fish.

Looks to me that Mr. 9 & Co. are also selling reps for top dollar.

Most importantly, I find it quite funny that a supposed experienced IWC and Patek Philippe repair technician sells reps. This is total bulllshit.

Forget the case, your car is awesome.....what year?

Their 'VIP' Daytona (for private members only) is the same mediocre watch (with fat CGs and rounded index markers) that some of the collectors here have. And if I am not mistaken, this gang sells through spam, which is never a sign of quality (or honesty).

I have to side with Phoband on this. I would hold off for now.

Heck Neil, you've got a great Daytona. But last year watchmaker 9 was seliing your Noobmariner w/ an eta for an outrageous price, And now he's come up w/ a 1:1 submariner case. Wouldn't it be great with your contacts if you could get those 1:1 cases and sell them to all of us at a fair price. You'd be a double big hero, especially after your MBW success of the last few months.

well i think everyones biggest gripe is: REHAUT or DIAL DEPTH (whatever you want to call it)

1:1 = the rehaut will be exact as gen... which has been talked about as "cannot house a 2836"...

I think there may have been some refinements to the noobmariner, and this is what we are seeing...

the 05 sub he was offering for 500 bucks is none other than the noob,vip, whatevermariner...

I am calling bullsh*t until i see a finished product with gen everything attached to it...

bracelet, crystal, bezel, case-back, and of course the the correct depth/angle rehaut...

EDIT: and, the damn SEL's should fit with tighter tolerances like gen...

hell for the cost of what "may be" going into this project... why not create a 904 product?!?!

PP

Edited by poopypants

I'm having a go at $499 jus to see what happens and ordered one earlier this week. I'm happy to be a guineapig for the board on this one. I'm in the fortunate position not to miss the money if it does not work out and will be able to confirm or deny the details if it ever comes off which I doubt at this stage. I received an order number but nothing else. I also stated I would only complete the order subject to detailed pictures of the finsihed model including bracelet. Time will tell!