When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

watchmaker9 New 1 to 1 copy Submarinercase ?

Tribal

Those MBK's look rather impressive. Anyone own one of them?

Let me guess: you are joking right ?

Does anybody owns a MBK ?

Everyone does, as MBK and MBW are the same but the trendy name is now MBK.

Untill it becomes TTK of course.

Who has the best TTK Sub ?

MBK !

:lol:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok, i finally finished reading all 10 pages for the first time. basically, we can sum up in this......the watch looks promising, still not perfect, and not 1:1 and the price has got to go!! for those that jump to page 10 directly, here is your answer! ;)

Let me guess: you are joking right ?

Does anybody owns a MBK ?

Everyone does, as MBK and MBW are the same but the trendy name is now MBK.

Untill it becomes TTK of course.

Who has the best TTK Sub ?

MBK !

:lol:

Ah ok, thought the MBK is some sort of update to the MBW. So I wasn't kidding! I just don't know it all like you <_<

Strange if everyone owns one, wonder why I don't have one? :p

I believe these watches take gen parts. Does that mean they are 1:1 in case/bezel/face dial size?

Ah ok, thought the MBK is some sort of update to the MBW. So I wasn't kidding! I just don't know it all like you <_<

Strange if everyone owns one, wonder why I don't have one? :p

I believe these watches take gen parts. Does that mean they are 1:1 in case/bezel/face dial size?

I'm not sure for the dial. But it will take crown/tube, tropic, inserts,....Go for it but be wise.

A modded one can cost from 500 to 1.000

You are going to confuse the guy now! The vintage models will accept gen parts easier than the modern sub. Neither crown, tube, certainly not an insert without alterations and NOT tropic crystals(on modern version) will fit without modification to either the case or parts .

If you want to make an accurate Sub you need a 1680 vintage Sub and not the modern one without a lot of work!

You are going to confuse the guy now! The vintage models will accept gen parts easier than the modern sub. Neither crown, tube, certainly not an insert without alterations and NOT tropic crystals(on modern version) will fit without modification to either the case or parts .

If you want to make an accurate Sub you need a 1680 vintage Sub and not the modern one without a lot of work!

Well, unless the "guy" like you say, is a modder him self, I can't see how he is going to do whatever.

I was maybe unclear, must be my froglish, but of course any swap of parts for genuine needs work.

On my Tribalized 16610, it needed heavy work, but is is done ;)

My 1680 required a lot of work to Watcher, believe me -_-

So to rephrase: yes MBW can take gen parts, depending on models with more or less work (Tropic is impossible on 16610 indeed).

Sorry if I confused anybody here, it was certainly not my intention...

I have received an update from WM9 this morning with the following email. You can read into this what you want but I will remain unbiased until such time I have to change my viewpoint.

Thank you for shopping at WATCHMAKER9.TV.

Our watchmaker has scheduled making your Submariner 16610.

The making process takes about 9~15 working days and then the watch will undergo with a 48 hour test for reliability and water resistance. We fully test the reliable Swiss time keeping machine for 48 hour and fine tune each of them to meet the critical C.O.S.C standard before we ship a watch out.

The estimate delivery time of your order is Friday, Oct 26, 2007.

We shall see what happens. ^_^

I have received an update from WM9 this morning with the following email. You can read into this what you want but I will remain unbiased until such time I have to change my viewpoint.

Thank you for shopping at WATCHMAKER9.TV.

Our watchmaker has scheduled making your Submariner 16610.

The making process takes about 9~15 working days and then the watch will undergo with a 48 hour test for reliability and water resistance. We fully test the reliable Swiss time keeping machine for 48 hour and fine tune each of them to meet the critical C.O.S.C standard before we ship a watch out.

I thought they only get released in December? Or did you order the current model?

Yep ... nothin like a fully moded 1680 guys ... i dont know whats the fuss about the modern subs anyway ... her is mine 1680 fully modded ...

Rolex1680VintageSubmariner3.jpg

regards laz

Fine looking time piece B)

Thanks for your input guys. So what you are saying is that a even though an MBW is so pricey, it still requires mods to take gen parts. Can one not just buy a cheap Noobmariner and mod that? Or am I missing something?

Can anyone please advise as to why we cannot just buy a cheap Noobmariner and mob that? It sounds to me like they both need the same mods to get close to gen.

Ah, it seems Stephane did confuse you.

With modern Subs (16610) you can't really do the same mods as the vintage Subs. The Noobmariner is a modern Sub and as such, you can't change the bezel/crystal assembly with genuine parts. Besides, you don't need to as ... well, lots of reasons that this thread has nothing to do with.

I think, in principle, you're right. All modern Subs can be modded to get rid of some of their defects, but none can be modded to make them perfect. This is due to the dimensions of the Rolex movement at the heart of the watch. The rehaut and crown position can never be identical to the genuine as long as the counterfeiters are using an ETA 2824/2836 movement.

One wonders if a certificate is supplied :p and if so, is it a genuine, or a rep? :D

Offshore

(See my siggy)

Have you guys not been reading? This watch is over priced and a MORE accurate rep can be bought from TTK for $100. Even the MBW 16610 is excessive unless you need the deep rehaut.. You can have a fully modded Noobmariner with gen triplock crown and tube and gen insert, modded crown guards etc etc for LESS than HALF the price of this Watchmaker9 submariner. My modded Noobmariner is STILL one of my favorite reps next to my 1665 double red. Just look at their older submariner they offer... nothing more than a "Noobmariner" F520117 watch and we all know it!!

Get a noob from TTK and send it to your favorite modder to get it done up.. or better yet get TWO of them done up for the price of this ONE watchmaker9 sub that still needs the same mods done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie

Have you guys not been reading? This watch is over priced and a MORE accurate rep can be bought from TTK for $100. Even the MBW 16610 is excessive unless you need the deep rehaut.. You can have a fully modded Noobmariner with gen triplock crown and tube and gen insert, modded crown guards etc etc for LESS than HALF the price of this Watchmaker9 submariner. My modded Noobmariner is STILL one of my favorite reps next to my 1665 double red. Just look at their older submariner they offer... nothing more than a "Noobmariner" F520117 watch and we all know it!!

Get a noob from TTK and send it to your favorite modder to get it done up.. or better yet get TWO of them done up for the price of this ONE watchmaker9 sub that still needs the same mods done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonnie

OK thanks, I have suspected that WM9 is a scam as other $ 1.000 sites as perfect-swiss, replicadetails idealwatches ecc... published in replicacenter

But the opinion of a real buyer is the best.