When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Orange vs Sub

I think it comes down to whether you lean toward a classic "divers" watch or are more swayed by the eye-catching orange bezel and more modern PO design.

I respect the fact that many of our members consider the submariner to be their "definitive" watch.

I myself am not into diver watches per se--nor Rolexes in general--but I do find the PO to be a very sporty and eye-catching watch to wear.

Hmm, Orange definitely over the modern Sub. But with vintages it'd be a tough call.

Although I love the PO I actually still prefer the "Bond" SMP over it. Dunno why, it just feels more rugged and handsome on the wrist.

If Color is the main focus, then I prefer Black over Orange...

With me basic designs, that have lasted the test of time, seem to be my most cherished..

However if it's,... PO vs Sub,... I seem to be going through this PO stage at present..

but who knows how long it will last,....?

I do know that Sub is like an old friend, that always takes me back, no matter how long

I have been gone...and she seems to always hold her shape..

PO vs. Modern 16610 Black Sub.............PO ALL THE WAY

PO vs. 1680 Vintage Sub............NO CONTEST, 1680 ANYDAY OF THE WEEK!!!

just not a fan of the 16610, really not a patch on the vintage, and every noob wants one, so that puts me off even more lol

Chris

IMO, dive I've always thought divers' lok better in color than black and white. If I could pull off owning 30k "worth" of divers watches in addition to my other watches without everyone who knows me saying "shyeah, right" I'd have an orange PO, a green sub, a yellow Le Plongeur, a blue pannie. All those purdy colors are the only reason a non scuba dude ought to wear a dive watch, IMO.