When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start of The Week Wrist-Check (August 13-14, 2007)

Victoria

Tomorrow: Maurice Lacroix

298330-462.jpg

Robert, you always have the nicest or most unusual watches! I am putting you in my "Members whose taste you admire" category. ;)

@Kollektor: Thanks! Now that's a compliment, boy! I also was motivated by b16a2 to get that strap, and 005, so just further proof we inspire each other here.

@Hambone: Very unusual photo, thanks for posting it for the group! I should do one with my Fiddy in Coventry, which was flattened by the Luftwaffe, when I return to London possibly this December.

@TMG: Love the NASA strap!

@Puggy: Wow, et tu PAM? Great V strap! I have the exact V-strap on one of my 111hs too.

@Muckinho: Hey there! Glad you liked the thread. Check it out every Mon, Wed, and Friday. No one has "charge" of the post. It's whomever gets to it first, so maybe you can try your hand posting one day, yes? :)

@Stephane below: Now that's a Stephane watch! Classic, elegant, manly. TeeJay, really, you still mean it? I will say YES! But only if you read this. *g*

@Watcher in the third page: WOW! Like another member said, that gen crystal makes your PO. That's the best orange bezel version I've seen in these threads!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll try and get a fresh wrist shot tomorrow, but I finally got my 2531.80 back from it's trip to the watchsmith :thumbsupsmileyanim: The funny thing, is after all this time wearing the 2220.80, I am actually prefering that as a watch... I had been sent a replacement bezel insert, as the 2220.80 got a tiny nick in the '3' of the '30', but in the end, after comparing the two SMPs, I put the new insert into the 2531.80, as that had a more noticeable 'printing flaw' in the triangle marker, and the pearl was not as good. Having compared the two side by side, I can see why I prefer the 2220.80, as the greenish markers of the 2531.80 do not look as nice as the white markers of the 2220.80. However. The 2531.80 has larger markers, so easier to read at a glance. The 2220.80, with it's smaller markers (with the metal surrounds) comes across as a 'more refined version', so that's how the wear shall be. Everyday beater, 2531.80 (or 45mm Planet Ocean), smart watch, 2220.80 (until I build my White Seamaster as a total 'dress watch') I might even still order another bezel insert for the 2220.80 just to get it flawless again, although in all honesty, the nick in the marker is unnoticeable at a glance, and does add 'character' to the watch...

Yes, I still mean it. I can't stand to see it gathering dust any longer, so PM me with some details, and we'll go from there :)

WOW! THANK YOU! I just saw it on Stephane's hand now, and said, no way. This can't go to waste. It will make dad happy. :)

I love you, TeeJay! :wub:

But first comes the pizza. :bleh:

298510-322.jpg

(PAM 190, 8 Days Radio on Wojtecki black strap. The StrapCulture one was too thick!! Sniff)

WOW! THANK YOU! I just saw it on Stephane's hand now, and said, no way. This can't go to waste. It will make dad happy. :)

I love you, TeeJay! :wub:

But first comes the pizza. :bleh:

298523-321.jpg

(PAM 190, 8 Days Radio on Wojtecki black strap. The StrapCulture one was too thick!! Sniff)

All I want is for it to get a good and appreciative home. Sure, I can look after it, but it won't get the attention it deserves, so I'd rather it go to someone who will make sure it does :) I think it's just one of those things where it's just 'not me'. Another friend said that when she thought of me, her first thought was 'Omega', so that's what I'm sticking with :D

All I want is for it to get a good and appreciative home.

I will play fetch and walk it religiously every day! :p

PM coming up, since I had my 2nd and last slice. I heard that some guys can do 5 slices (my bf...), but I have to keep an eye on my figure...my hand figure for the wristies. :lol:

I will play fetch and walk it religiously every day! :p

PM coming up, since I had my 2nd and last slice. I heard that some guys can do 5 slices (my bf...), but I have to keep an eye on my figure...my hand figure for the wristies. :lol:

Sounds good to me :D I'm aout to head to bed, so we can go over the details tomorrow (well about 10 hours :D )

In terms of 'slice capacity', it depends on the size of the slices... I can just about eat a 12 inch pizza by myself, but, that would be the only food I would eat at that sitting, and likely not eat anything else for another 12 hours :D (I also leave the crusts :lol: )

298920-106.jpg

I also wanted to look beautiful... ^_^

But as I have no cash and am unable to put 700 dollars in one single watch, I went for a Quartz Hublot RG (yes, a Quartz !), full of flaws, but looks great on the wrist...and has no dummy features...

Last but not least, the price : 41 pounds shipped, much better than the cheapest Asian 21J from our dealers. :blink:

AquaTerra day today

299039-2.jpg

An awesome watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: All it needs now, is the custom-fit Planet Ocean hands, and you'll be set to go :D

299039-3.jpg

I also wanted to look beautiful... ^_^

But as I have no cash and am unable to put 700 dollars in one single watch, I went for a Quartz Hublot RG (yes, a Quartz !), full of flaws, but looks great on the wrist...and has no dummy features...

Last but not least, the price : 41 pounds shipped, much better than the cheapest Asian 21J from our dealers. :blink:

I'm not really a fan of the HBB, but that's an awesome purchase :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hi TJ nice AT, how is omega writen on this one, line through the middle, underlind or non, is it rose gold or yellow looks rose! nice

That wasn't my AT... The pic I took of mine turned out looking like garbage...

On mine, Omega isn't underlined or with a line through the middle, just individual metal(ized) letters. Looks pretty sharp to the naked eye though, I'll try and get a better pic of it... Mine's also the regular SS case :)