When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy is back from summer break.

RWG Technical

Well I had a nice break from the forum for the past few weeks.

Kept busy at home with improvemnets and other stuff that never seems to get taken care of.

I had the chance to get away from home for 5 days, and spend some time in the USA, New York specifically. And a big thanks to one of the members here who made accomadations available to me and my lady. We had a great trip, and one of the highlights was to be able to meet a few of the members from RWG who I have known for a number of years, wonderful to have met you and shook your hands in person.

I have some new info to share, concerning the new running seconds at "3" Asian 7750...after 3 years of offering my views on what is needed to make a reliable and usable modification to a 7750 running seconds subdial transfer, it seems as if they got the message...more to come, full teardown and review.

Hope everyone had a great August.

RG

Well I had a nice break from the forum for the past few weeks.

Kept busy at home with improvemnets and other stuff that never seems to get taken care of.

I had the chance to get away from home for 5 days, and spend some time in the USA, New York specifically. And a big thanks to one of the members here who made accomadations available to me and my lady. We had a great trip, and one of the highlights was to be able to meet a few of the members from RWG who I have known for a number of years, wonderful to have met you and shook your hands in person.

I have some new info to share, concerning the new running seconds at "3" Asian 7750...after 3 years of offering my views on what is needed to make a reliable and usable modification to a 7750 running seconds subdial transfer, it seems as if they got the message...more to come, full teardown and review.

Hope everyone had a great August.

RG

Welcome back and thanks for your report. Glad to hear that you had a nice holiday.

Looking forward to your review of the 7750 modification.

And please feel welcome to visit us here at any time in Baja Ontario (that would be Ohio) where we have already had many wonderful guests from Canada and that would include our fantastic friends from Quebec. French is spoken here after a few glasses of wine.

Hi Rob,

welcome back, hope you have some good time off. i've shipped the goods as promised. please feel free to get the lowdown on the email I sent you. too bad you were not going west a bit more, like others that have echoed, I would definitely wanted to meet you in person too. and look forward to the reviews as well. glad to have you back!

Great to have you back The Zigmeister!!!! For Real For Real.

I posted a topic & reply in the "Watch Repair & Upgrade" sub-forum, including an excerpted quote from you which I found following a Google search. It concerns problems you had w/ another "repairman" and his customers and the subsequent changes it forced you to make. Very sorry to hear about all this BS you had to endure. You, of all people, shouldn't have to tolerate this nonsense.

I'm glad you had a great vacation (you deserve it) but I'm much happier to have you back here, cuz we need you. ;) (Reminds me of the theme from "Welcome Back Kotter")...

Welcome back,

Your dreams were your ticket out.

Welcome back,

To that same old place that you laughed about.

Well the names have all changed since you hung around,

But those dreams have remained and they're turned around.

Who'd have thought they'd lead ya (Who'd have thought they'd lead ya)

Here where we need ya (Here where we need ya)

Yeah we tease him a lot cause we've got him on the spot, welcome back,

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back.

Best wishes,

Jeff

Welcome back! Glad you had a nice vacation in the Big Apple. :)

It will be very interesting to read the review of the seconds@3 movement. Hopefully the good work on the modification is a sign of a change to the better in Chinese modifications.

I have not had the opportunity to thank you for the good work on my two TAG Heuer Chronographs. Both are running fine. Good work in replacing and painting the missing red Chrono seconds hand! :victory:

Nice to see you back on the forum. As you can see you were sorely missed. I would hate to see your PM or email box. My condolences to your fabulous assistant. ;)

Actually the PM and email boxes are not too full today... My "fabulous" assistant is right here beside me, and I think she is quite "fabulous", if I do say so myself...

RG

The Zigmeister!!!

WOW this 7750 sec@3 review is gunna be BIG news for all of us i can already tell. I sure hope people like you had some influence on this new design and hopefully its been done right. I am looking forward to reading your review!!

I hope you and Jennifer had a good little vacation as short as it may have been. If you are ever heading to the west coast one day, i will take care of you guys for whatever you need. ;)

Did i mention that The Zigmeister took my busted down old ETA movement from losing 3 hours a day to being accurate within 2 sec a day? Im inpressed! :tu:

I hope one day i will get some time off too ha ha ha... its been a busy summer...

Lonnie