When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So... what's on your radar?

By-Tor

What new reps are you considering... and what are you considering to trade/sell?

Personally, I'm extremely satisfied with my (very small, mind you) collection. I currently have:

Omega SMP "Bond" ETA

Omega SMP Chronograph 7750

Omega Speedy Broad Arrow Seagull

Omega UPO ETA

TAG Aquaracer Chronograph 7750

TAG Link Chronograph 7750

Breitling SFSO ETA

I'm getting a quartz Ebel BTR from Narikaa. Excellent "budget rep".

I'm also getting a GMT Master (old model). I've owned 15 Rolex reps... traded them all... but the GMT is the one that I always really wanted. It's the watch that kinda started this madness for me. And thanks to bklm I've finally found a version that fully satisfies me.

I also might get the new and upcoming SeaDweller if it turns out to be awesome. If it's anything less I'll skip.

The new "ceramic" GMT doesn't do anything for me. At least not yet. I really, really respect IWC... and the reps are great, but I doubt I'd wear one a lot. The Cousteau is very nice, but I think it's too expensive.

If I ever buy a chronograph again, it'll be the Chronomat Evolution without a doubt. Awesome watch.

I can't really think of selling any of my current reps. I think they're actually the "cream of the crop"... and I enjoy all of them a lot. I have the principle that I only keep watches that get regular wrist time... so I'm definitely keeping my collection in the +/-10 range.

How about you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I got:

Tableshots001.jpg

I'm looking to get a few more dress watches, I've got a couple of Santos 100s (SS and a TT), since this shot, but maybe a seatimer and a dumont or tortue (if I can find some good ones). Definitely no rolexes for me though, I like the fact that no one asks me "is that real" with any of my current watches.

I just ordered this Bvlgari watch/ I tried on the gen and it is really a very sharp timepiece. The rep is a dead on copy of the gen.

bvg00163qe8.jpg

I can't really think of selling any of my current reps. I think they're actually the "cream of the crop"... and I enjoy all of them a lot. I have the principle that I only keep watches that get regular wrist time... so I'm definitely keeping my collection in the +/-10 range.

You once said, By-Tor, that you'd never wear watches that people wouldn't actually think you could afford.

But I would've thought you and the new Aquatimer, which Puggy is so high on, are a perfect fit. Yet you're not an IWC guy, at all, right? No interest in the Aquatimer, at all??

How about you?

Believe it or not, I'm back to Cartiers and Rolexes, same as I started when those were my gens...3 Rolexes are on their way from Jay, and one Cartier from a local collector. But this is what I want next, the Seatimer:

21440.jpg

I'd have to give Ola yet another high-five for inspiring this new interest, like she did with the PAM Purdey Lion. Those Egypt photos were awesome. They even made me like the Cousteau! (Not for me though)

Oh, and TWP is modding the PAM 005 for me, and I CANNOT wait to have that. My dream come true.

Lets see, the current collection includes: BCE, yachtmaster, Pams 111h, 113h, 090. Possible watches I would like to add would be a VC retrograding calendar, FM crazy hours, Breitling Bentley 6.75, plus a GMT somewhere. Not crazy about smaller watches these days though. The list changes on a regular basis though, and without getting any very often, I may end up with a whole different set of watches to what I have listed currently...

Well, that is a good question BT.

- A GMT master II is on it's way (hoping it's finaly going to be the right one)

- A 5513 should be the next one I will get

But, more important, I still continue to improve the ones I have.

3 Sea Dwellers and 2 1680 aswell as a 16610 which is almost finished.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: Edit for the crown guards of the Daytona of course ;) That too needs to be done.

ive currently (in order of purchases):

- 111h

- 4th gen PO

- 113g

- 176h

Ive done many own mods to them, sewed many straps and truth saying I need another one, something different. And I know what my next will be :p

I need a radiomir :) but dunno which one, as 183h will be too similar with dial and movement to 111h, I need something different :p

Mmm...

Without seeking too much :

- Tag Aquaracer (blue) : I'll definitely buy it, just a question of time and raising funds

- IWC Cousteau Diver

- HBB, but I'm afraid that's something I'll never own : way too expensive for me. I would seriously consider raising funds if it would reach levels under 350.

- a decent Longines. Something simple.

- IWC Portuguese : well, due to "technical" reasons I ordered a quartz version. Hope it will be acceptable

Also I'd love a flying Tourbillon (Breguet or VC), but here too, I'm afraid I won't ever own one, that's too much money in a single rep.

You once said, By-Tor, that you'd never wear watches that people wouldn't actually think you could afford.

But I would've thought you and the new Aquatimer, which Puggy is so high on, are a perfect fit. Yet you're not an IWC guy, at all, right? No interest in the Aquatimer, at all??

Hi Vic,

Yeah sure, the new Aquatimer is a handsome watch. But it's pretty basic sports chronograph, and I don't like those rubber straps. I like colors, and the version that has yellow on the dial is my favorite. Wonder if they're going to rep that one...

I certainly like IWC, and white GST has been on my wishlist for a long time. There are so many watches I'd like to buy, but I'm a "minimalistic" person... I don't want a big collection (for some reason). That's why I've been trading my reps all the time.

Here's what's on my definite list:

IWC Aquatimer Chrono (pre-ordered, awaiting a delivery date)

TAG Heuer Carrera (black dial, silver-ringed subdials, steel bracelet)

This is the hopefuls and the maybes:

Rolex Daytona (2001 white dial, it's getting to the point where I'll almost risk the sec@6)

Rolex Seadweller (modern super-rep, if released)

IWC Big Pilot (in 2008)

... and on the non-rep list, a Millionsmart Tourbillon Power-reserve.

There are other watches, of course, and like a magpie, I will be drawn to them, but that should do for now.

Since I've started collecting watches last fall I've been buying and re-selling both gens en reps.

I think it takes some time to find out what the difference is between a watch looking awesome in the box and a watch looking awesome on your wrist.... Now I limit myself to 7 watches (= full watch box + 1 on the wrist :p ).

Recently sold:

(gen) Tissot PRC200

(gen) Longines Master Chrono

Monaco (my first cheap Quartz rep)

Carrera

PAM212

PAM111h

franken SMP

My current collection:

(gen) Oris Big Crown

(gen) Lorenz Theatro Chrono

PAM 089

PAM 164 (21j. To be replaced by the updated version with sapphire glass and better cyclops/date as soon as it will be released)

Link Chrono grey dial (to be replaced by the more accurate blue dial)

Link Chrono black dial

The next and probably the last :whistling: acquisition for now will be a Jaeger Le Coultre Master Control for the rare occasion I need to wear a suit.

(edit: today at the AD I had the 3717 on my wrist for a few minutes. Wow!!!! The JLC is off now, the 3717 needs to be on my wrist yesterday! :wub: )

Edited by scoobs1971

Believe it or not, I'm back to Cartiers and Rolexes, same as I started when those were my gens...3 Rolexes are on their way from Jay, and one Cartier from a local collector. But this is what I want next, the Seatimer:

21440.jpg

@Vic: I bet this one will be very, very classy on you. Can't wait for that wristshot ;)

At the moment I have,

ETA Upo

ETA Smp (old one with pins in bracelt)

Tag link Chrono (Blue)

Breitling Seawolf (First version,with gen dial)

DSN Ultimate Fiddy

Breitling SFSO (White dial Asian)

PAM Vintage Californial Dial

and an electric blue Eta Smp on the way.

I will probably add an Omega Smp chrono and a Bce graphite dial, maybe even another steelfish, this time ETA with blue or black dial.

Right Now I have:

IWC 3717 Pilot Chrono

DSN Panerai 113 White dial

Hublot Big Bang Black Magic

Omega ETA Planet Ocean 45.5mm

Daytona 116509 Grey Dial

Also; I found multiple tragets on my radar:

~ IWC CD 2007 Orange Bezel

~ Rolex GMTII 50th Ceramic Bezel

~ AP ROO/ROJ or Chrono @12sec

~ IWC Ingy 2007 Ceramic Bezel

Best Regards,

Raymond

Sure you didn't had a gen in your hands, otherwise you'd have noticed the lack of strong AR on the rep and the difference in color on dial numbers and markers (gen are darkened metal, not shiny steel as in the rep).

I just ordered this Bvlgari watch/ I tried on the gen and it is really a very sharp timepiece. The rep is a dead on copy of the gen.

bvg00163qe8.jpg