When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something old, something new...

Nanuq

May I introduce my newest baby, a 1974 DRSD Mark II with chocolate dial. Enjoy!

dr_1.jpg

Nanuq, I won't even pretend I know the difference between one vintage Rolex to another, but I can see what this means to you (and by the replies so far).

One thing's for sure, it looks amazingly special. I am savouring its roughed up glamour, and knowing how much you will baby it, in your possession.

I too am curious about how much you spent (I must be living too long in the US :lol:), but it's as nothing towards the enjoyment it's given you. And us, now.

Will you ever actually wear it? If you do, wear it in good health!

I am wondering if someone can help me, but I have read a lot about the vintage watches 1680 and 1665's. I understand the 1665 single red and double red are very rare watches and I thought they cost over $100k or something like that... I recently acquired a MBK 1680 red sub and quite like it, so went on the bay to see if there were any 2nd hand gens for sale. Well, I am no expert but there seems to be some available for sale around the $10k mark? That seems pretty cheap for a vintage... no? Or are those frankens? What do they normally go for?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Nanuq,

I hate to ask, but could I request a shot of the CGs shot from the bottom looking along the right side of the watch. I have the NGT version of the Mark II dial, and want to see what more I need to do the the MBW case. If it's too much bother, don't worry.

Of course you should wear it! Unless it leaks I don't know what harm is likely to come to it. That's the beauty of vintage.

Cheers,

Steve.

Dont u dare change that original crystal.
Actually it's NOT original, that's the point ;) The flattie would have been installed by an RSC at a later date.

I can think of no more worthy a prize that deserves a NOS T39 superdome installation more. It just DEMANDS it.

Go on Nanuq, it's not like you haven't squirrelled away a few for such an occasion ;)

• 1 year later...
Hmm...How to put this. Camera in the plane of the bezel at say 5:30. Again, don't worry if its a pain.

Cheers.

Holy smokes, I never did this? For two years you've been sitting there clicking "Refresh"? Here's your photo... sorry!

P9250066.JPG

P9250059.JPG