When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For people who wondered what ever happened to Finepics (Mark) >

babola

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:huh: . There really isn't much to say. We will never see him around here again. Actually it is a novel future defense if and when he is outed on the risti forum.

Oh, I think I know who the cowardly lion was, who tried to create mischief about me the other day.

This is funny, and by funny, I mean, sad...because I don't believe it.

"I do have an extensive knowledge of the fakes (I'll have to be totally honest in saying that I used to own many of them - but no more)"

No love lost from anyone on RWG about Mark.

I like this statement from him "I actually taught myself watchmaking and can strip a 7750 if I need to because of this!!!" Sure Mark, you keep believing this...I have seen his work, he knows nothing about watchmaking except how to ruin people's watches and steal their money.

He knows as much about watchmaking as I do about rocket science. Interesting that he's also an expert on Swatch and ETA as well as how reps are made, the steel they use etc...

Funny how he has time to post and try and get attention on this forum, but won't stand up like a man and show his face on RWG, or give the members who were scammed their money and parts back.

RG

Never spoke to the guy, never had any dealings with him except for the time he demanded money before he'd let me have a look at a PAM DW scan :lol:

Personally I don't care if he's got out of reps. His choice. But this is different. To purposely go there and try to sleazily ingratiate himself by 'spilling the beans' is out of order - also quite pathetic and sad, speaks volumes about his character.

Reminds me of a certain strap seller/mod on the Dark Side :whistling:

Personally I don't care if he's got out of reps. His choice. But this is different. To purposely go there and try to sleazily ingratiate himself by 'spilling the beans' is out of order - also quite pathetic and sad, speaks volumes about his character.

Your right.

His constant excuse of "personal issues" preventing him from being able to stand up and post on RWG, and give members the goods and money he stole from them, was just that - an excuse.

Now it looks like he's going to try and get in as a "fake" turned "I only own gen's now..." expert on the other forums.

His excuse for not being able to give everyone back what he stole from them, would be easily fixed with a good kick in the groink.

RG

Although being new here I have to comment on this situation.

How a gentleman blames his health and well being on not getting back to his customer's THEN trys to leave the rep scene and make out like he is this great stand up guy is downright disgusting.

He scams people out of money then leaves and he is so unhealthy he can't get back to people but he has no problem telling everyone about the rep scene on a gen site. Priceless.

What a joke.

I just hope he does have the guts to come back and refund all the money but from the sounds of it, it doesnt look good.

I have to admit that I have lost track of who got what back and who didn't. Did all the members get their items/money refunded or are there still many people waiting for watches/money from Mark?

Also, if he still has some outstanding issues, I wonder how long it will be until one of his unhappy customers shows up in one of those threads....

I have to admit that I have lost track of who got what back and who didn't. Did all the members get their items/money refunded or are there still many people waiting for watches/money from Mark?

Also, if he still has some outstanding issues, I wonder how long it will be until one of his unhappy customers shows up in one of those threads....

I think there are still a number of members who's property was never returned, as well as a number who paid in advance for datewheels and never got them, or their money.

Then to the mix, add the many watches he ruined, including a ETA 7753 powered 188 that was destroyed by his incompetance (and you can't buy 7753 parts, so it's scrap, $1k down the drain).

I hope someone from here or TRC puts up a show and tell on Paneresti to show who Mark really is, and the truth behind him.

RG

I hope someone from here or TRC puts up a show and tell on Paneresti to show who Mark really is, and the truth behind him.

As someone who was recently targetted like that, all I have to say is be careful.

He knows a lot of people (not just myself, I mean really established Risti people) who wobble on both sides of the gen/rep fence.

If he's outted, he can start naming names, and it wouldn't be pretty. Me, I'm buying a gen PAM next year, and it's not like I'm going to be showing up to Risti GTGs anyway, so I'm not affected in that way.

But have a care for Wheaton26, e.g., who might get called out, and others...I mean, if he can abscond with people's moneys, and play a reformed St. Augustine, he can pull a stunt like that, big-time.

A couple of the responses there intrigued me:

Hi Quapaw, Mark raises some very ....

...good 'sound' points!

The fakers are very sophisticated these days, look what Rolex have needed to do over the years to fight of their foes.

Don't get me wrong I'm sickened by the fakes, it really undermines the 'real' watchword.

I meet Mark in London along with some other London Risti's and there he showed to all 'knowingly' a fake pam. The watch was 99% perfect! I believed there was a hair of difference in the body weight, other than that I could not tell the difference. This just enforced to me how one must be so very very careful from who and where you purchase your next pam! I hope Panerai can keep ahead of the 'Fake' curve, as with Rolex it can do a lot of harm to the brand.

Regards,

Jp

That just re-enforces to me, that buying a genuine watch is pretty pointless, and nothing more than brand-worship. If the difference is that close, then seriously, why bother spending extra cash for a barely perceptible difference, which only a true obsessive would recognise? (I only say obsessive, as there's a difference between appreciating and liking something, and that 'next level' up the interest ladder.

In responce to Mark and where the fakes are undermining panerai, many of the people who buy a fake would proberbly never buy a real one, Due either to finances or priciple.

A 'risti who 'gets it' :lol: Possibly someone who could be 'converted' :lol:

As for FinePics, utter scumbag for trying to reinvent himself thus. A bit like former burglars who then become Security Consultants... He'll no doubt be up to his old games there, and I doubt they'll be as forgiving of his behaviour as folks here have been. One way or another, be it in this life or the next, he'll be getting his comeuppance...

Edited by TeeJay

As someone who was recently targetted like that, all I have to say is be careful.

He knows a lot of people (not just myself, I mean really established Risti people) who wobble on both sides of the gen/rep fence.

If he's outted, he can start naming names, and it wouldn't be pretty. Me, I'm buying a gen PAM next year, and it's not like I'm going to be showing up to Risti GTGs anyway, so I'm not affected in that way.

But have a care for Wheaton26, e.g., who might get called out, and others...I mean, if he can abscond with people's moneys, and play a reformed St. Augustine, he can pull a stunt like that, big-time.

I'm descended from him :lol:

A 'risti who 'gets it' :lol: Possibly someone who could be 'converted' :lol:

Well his statement is not quite true.. I started with reps but at the moment I only have a genuine 112 and a 1:1 Ferrari...

Of course do not expect me to do the same as Finepics.. I am loyal to my friends in RWG although I could have sold many many more straps there ;)

Well his statement is not quite true.. I started with reps but at the moment I only have a genuine 112 and a 1:1 Ferrari...

Of course do not expect me to do the same as Finepics.. I am loyal to my friends in RWG although I could have sold many many more straps there ;)

Oh absolutely, there's always the exception to the rule, I just found it refreshing to see a 'risti who understood (or appeared to) why some folks only buy reps rather than gens, in contrast to the occasional self-loathers here who beat themselves up for liking reps, and aspiring only to the hights of modding perfection to get that 100% gen look. :)

Edited by TeeJay

i was thinking the same thing reading all this. will be interesting to see how it plays out.

while i managed to get my 063 datewheel without incident (my only dealings w/ mark), i'm just glad i chose ziggy as my modder of choice a long time ago :victory:

deltatahoe

As someone who was recently targetted like that, all I have to say is be careful. He knows a lot of people (not just myself, I mean really established Risti people) who wobble on both sides of the gen/rep fence. If he's outted, he can start naming names, and it wouldn't be pretty. Me, I'm buying a gen PAM next year, and it's not like I'm going to be showing up to Risti GTGs anyway, so I'm not affected in that way. But have a care for Wheaton26, e.g., who might get called out, and others...I mean, if he can abscond with people's moneys, and play a reformed St. Augustine, he can pull a stunt like that, big-time.
Methinks you're getting a bit carried away here ^_^ . Honestly if you're that fearful of the Risti Order raining down their scorn on you (:rolleyes:) then you shouldn't have registered with the same name. I'm sure Chris (now that you've helpfully named him here in case THEY visit this thread incognito) has better things to worry about.

And there's the rub K, "loyalty to friends"...kudos to you my friend, but it's a concept obviously alien to him. I know someone here who knows FP personally and has work done for him - I won't name him all I'll say to that person is I judge people by the company they keep :brow:

Seems like there are a few modders from the boards who have used their profits to enter the genuine game ;)

Click Here

Shheeezzz .... I thought FF was hanging up his tools .... or was that just a ploy for sympathy votes ... I see he's still advertising just on a different forum

Wow.. I feel lucky not to have sent any money for those CG's that Mark was vouching for.. at 100 usd I could have lost a good bit of change..

But after my exploits the last time around .. I think the best and safest choice .. would no doubt would be to stick with Ziggy .. :yu:

what is the problem when you are member on genuine board and on rep board?

i think this rep forums like RWG are more infomative for (reps and genuine) watches as others... here you will find young and intelligent guys with MUCH MORE knowledge as some guys on gen forums. I am member on gen and rep forums. And i have leared more about watches here on RWG as on gen forums... here you will find collectors who build his own project watches etc... guys who fix a cannion pin, rebuild a date wheel, adjust a movement, relume dial and hands, build hand made straps, etc etc etc.... but on gen forums mostly guys can