When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

For people who wondered what ever happened to Finepics (Mark) >

babola

In outing Mark on risti, what would the objective be.... Retribution.... a form of punishment? I seriously do not buy into the fact that he is a scammer. He got in over his head yes, but I refuse to believe his intention was to scam this forum. Things went wrong, he fled. Not the wisest of things to do, but it has happened. Before we go outing people through our own anger just consider first of all what would the objective be for doing such a thing, is it to warn the risti's or would it to be a form of punishment. If it's the latter, then I would hope we could all think about it first before lowering ourselves to such an act.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things went wrong, he fled. Not the wisest of things to do, but it has happened.

I agree with what you said further to this, but this sentence is just not right, b16a2. If he fled, his motivation might've been that he was scared. But he still SCAMMED people.

We need our Mods here to finally, please, add their voices.

If it's decided someone approaches their Mods, I'll take the fall.

They know I'm a rep owner already, and even when I become legit next year, they won't interact with me, or very little. So let me contact their mods and lay it out about what happened on RWG.

But for that, I need to know what happened exactly, because it was before my time here. If someone would point me to a thread, or post their stories here, with details, I'll relay portions of it, without IDs.

However, I won't do a thing before the Admin team or Moderation team pipe up. To bring in RWG in everyone's name is merely revenge.

@B16a2 below: If that is so, then Ken wouldn't have said he told a few porkies about only 1 person not having been restituted. I suppose we need to revisit the horror stories here, and see what was done to whom, and what were the outcomes.

I am not concerned about ME. I'm concerned about OTHERS who are still on the down low there.

Just a thought: I wonder if there is still people on the down low here because judging from this thread no one is complaining about being scammed.

On the other hand I agree that its very ugly to jump on a gen forum to do statements as he did. More than ugly I think its sad...

and because of that IMHO we should not spend our precious time around that.

I remember during the Lanikai/Flavor Flav debacle, you were amongst the first braying for Lanikai's blood. You're a very rash, unthinking young man, from what I can see.

I'm sorry. But if you think it's not a deep insult to people who scrimp and save, or just spend their hard-earned money to buy a genuine watch, just to have others thumb their nose and buy a rep watch for a few hundred, then what can I say?

Let me be clear AGAIN. I'm no better than you. I buy rep watches too. The difference may JUST be that I know what I am doing, with all its moral implications. You seem not to know. If I'm wrong, I apologise.

Ok i own 2 gen watches myself that cost me alot of pain and money(over 4000$ each) to get so yes i understand but i DO NOT understand why people on risti woud like to have a scammer among them and look down on a person that admits he is a activ poster on RWG to try help them of that fact that he is innded a scammer amongs them.

I will never be ashamed of being a member of RWG and neither shoud other people.

Ok i own 2 gen watches myself that cost me alot of pain and money(over 4000$ each) to get so yes i understand but i DO NOT understand why people on risti woud like to have a scammer among them and look down on a person that admits he is a activ poster on RWG to try help them of that fact that he is innded a scammer amongs them.

You wrote this:

"what is the big deal its not death row for owning a rep and i cant realy understand your point at all."

To people who saved forever to buy a watch of their dreams, owning a rep watch may just be the WORST thing any person there can do.

Well, perhaps the worst thing is to sell one there. And anyone who is a dual member of this forum, or is outted there as having owned reps will never be able to sell their stuff again. Who is going to trust a person like that, they'll think.

There are mistakes. There are sins. And then there are crimes.

To some people, especially if they are in the "right", it's all the same.

I will never be ashamed of being a member of RWG and neither shoud other people.

This we can agree on. And I said so publicly on a number of occasions. This is why I have the same forum ID everywhere.

To people who saved forever to buy a watch of their dreams, owning a rep watch may just be the WORST thing any person there can do

Who gives a [censored] what risti think.....they're a bunch of overblown arses.....think that they are some kind of elite watchowners.....I was one of the first Paneristi members...it was founded by Guy Verbist who I used to meet in Hamilton & Inches in Edinburgh....way back in '97.....I owned one of the first Tuxedo GMT's off the production line...as well as a Submersible...sold both of them.... bad move at the time,....who could forecast the explosion in prices for what at the time was just an oversized watch with no great history...!

Now that they've conscripted Hollywood and a host of historical revisionists to enlarge upon their inglorious past.....Guy founded Paneristi.com....and the rest is history....however I watched as it descended into sheer snobbery......looking down their noses......fukk them and the torpedo sub they rode in on......!

As for Finepics.... ....out him and fukk him....he's only concerned with himself.....he 'fled' that's shorthand for 'fukk this...I'm outta here"......and then pops up elsewhere as an 'expert'on fakes....and these stupid lemons are all over him like wildman's shyte.....he's just currying favour.....at everyone here's expense.....someof you guys need a wake up call.....get fukkin' real....!

Edited by TTK

Perhaps you missed a very important post on top, where I spoke about this, DBR. I can't believe you would write this if you had read what I wrote they tried to create mischief about me.

Let me be clear:

Someone already outted me. They know I am a rep owner.

I am not concerned about ME. I'm concerned about OTHERS who are still on the down low there.

This person is up to no good, but until he actually DOES something there, what happened here happened HERE. The most we can do is to warn their Admins/mods, IMO. Anyone want to do more, they are acting out of revenge, and not to share information. Worse, they're taking others with them.

Now, DBR, I am tired of asking for apologies from you. You constantly feel you have to take me down a peg, for my expressing opinions. I like you, but it's enough. You need to modify your attitude towards me because it's unfair.

No I didn't catch this sorry, but still can't imagine what mischief you're talking about that would make you feel this concerned? What, have you had threats or something? I sincerely hope not, and really it isn't my intention to take you down a peg but I just can't help but roll my eyes and think you're being a wee bit hysterical at the 'threat' of 'trouble' for those that frequent there with the same user name.

I still don't get why the subject of reps winds them up so much anyway, it's a free world and it's not like it's their intellectual copyright. It's not even about scrimping and saving, I think it goes much deeper into their collective psyche.....veering towards jealousy and their own self-importance as justified by their ownership of expensive possessions. Pathetic really.

As I said before and like Neil has just put more eloquently - who gives a rat's ass what THEY think. I'm registered there but have to admit in general, they come across as self-righteous pompous tosse'rs, who know little or nothing about horology. Leave Finepics alone to his new 'friends' they really do deserve each other. See how long he lasts, as in my experience people who play both sides of the fence inevitably end up digging their own grave anyway.

Who gives a [censored] what risti think.....they're a bunch of overblown arses.....think that they are some kind of elite watchowners.....I was one of the first Paneristi members...it was founded by Guy Verbist who I used to meet in Hamilton & Inches in Edinburgh....way back in '97.....I owned one of the first Tuxedo GMT's off the production line...as well as a Submersible...sold both of them.... bad move at the time,....who could forecast the explosion in prices for what at the time was just an oversized watch with no great history...!

Now that they've conscripted Hollywood and a host of historical revisionists to enlarge upon their inglorious past.....Guy founded Paneristi.com....and the rest is history....however I watched as it descended into sheer snobbery......looking down their noses......fukk them and the torpedo sub they rode in on......!

As for Finepics.... ....out him and fukk him....he's only concerned with himself.....he 'fled' that's shorthand for 'fukk this...I'm outta here"......and then pops up elsewhere as an 'expert'on fakes....and these stupid lemons are all over him like wildman's shyte.....he's just currying favour.....at everyone here's expense.....someof you guys need a wake up call.....get fukkin' real....!

Very well said TTK.

Ok so here is how I am thinking......If someone doesn't at least get in an Admins ear about Mark on 'risti and he goes on to actually scam a few over there do you think they will love us more for not coming over and dirtying up their board or do you think they might say "Fukk why didn't the bar stewards tell us he was a scammer?"

Just two Aussie cents worth

Ken

No I didn't catch this sorry, but still can't imagine what mischief you're talking about that would make you feel this concerned? What, have you had threats or something? I sincerely hope not, and really it isn't my intention to take you down a peg but I just can't help but roll my eyes and think you're being a wee bit hysterical at the 'threat' of 'trouble' for those that frequent there with the same user name.

I just read something else you wrote, and that's what counts for me. Stay tuned for a more personalised response, as I am just getting in from the pool. My head is too boiling with the sunrays to make sense (that's my story even when it rains, though).

P.S.: Thanks. :)

I still don't get why the subject of reps winds them up so much anyway, it's a free world and it's not like it's their intellectual copyright. It's not even about scrimping and saving, I think it goes much deeper into their collective psyche.....veering towards jealousy and their own self-importance as justified by their ownership of expensive possessions. Pathetic really.

No. Just no, DBR. Sincerely no.

People can rationalise, intellectualise, and justify downloading mp3s, torrents, photographs, owning rep watches, whatever. God knows I do. But once you lose sight of the fact you're doing something wrong, that slippery moral slope becomes a mountain.

As I said before and like Neil has just put more eloquently - who gives a rat's ass what THEY think.

If you're a human bulldozer as TTK is, and frankly, as I am, you don't care. I personally have tonnes of balls, the kind which allows a girl to come to an all-male forum, and more than hold her own.

Not everyone is like that.

Not everyone can be like that.

Not everyone should be dismissed because they're not like that.

I'm registered there but have to admit in general, they come across as self-righteous pompous tosse'rs, who know little or nothing about horology. Leave Finepics alone to his new 'friends' they really do deserve each other. See how long he lasts, as in my experience people who play both sides of the fence inevitably end up digging their own grave anyway.

You know what? You're right. I have a hunch he's going to come a-cropper sooner than later. I think most of us do too.

But the thing you and others said about the Risti forum, about them being a bunch of snobbish arrogant tossers, well guess what? A lot of people think that about us.

Ask around the other rep watch forums: RWG.CC has the reputation of being full of arrogant snobs, full of themselves, unhelpful to newbies asking questions. We're also known as being clannish to the point of being cliqueish.

Is this true?

Not on your life.

We have standards. We have people who respect horology, and adore their hobby. We also have people who respect each other to bits, and that creates a beautiful atmosphere of camaraderie.

So be careful what you think about a forum, people. It may just be we cast that same long shadow ourselves.

I for one have never dealt or have had any experience with Mark, aka Finepix, and i think this (for lack of a better word) "fight" should be left to those who have been taken advantage of.. those who have lost funds, watches, broken promises..... it should be their decision to "go after" Mark on Risti or not.

I can say .."oh, you shouldn't do that because....", but it is the members who lost ,.. and only those members who can "feel" ...

but "we" should not allow Mark to cause infighting within our membership.. because of ego's or hurt feelings... I am by no means an articulate person.. but certain words can cut deep.. or being passive aggressive doesn't help..

to put others down gives weaker people the opportunity to feel better about themselves.. and it's obvious that Mark needs this,.. it sounds like he did not want to Man up.. step up to the plate and make amends .. maybe he felt overwhelmed.. i do not know.. again I was "not there".

Someone mentioned the fiasco with myself and FF.. well ... it evolved into a feeding frenzy .. without all the facts.. sound bites .. so to speak.

I chose to step up and face the music .. and if I were wrong then i would have promptly admitted it,.. I would have taken the heat, but other members who know the facts stepped in .. and when the truth was revealed only "one" member Pm me to offer apologies ... (go Sox) hint...

i do not hold any "bad feelings" toward any member who tried to bash me... but that's me .. I cannot expect anyone to have my opinions or goals..because I am the one that experienced it ... get my message?

as far as buying reps.. the only thing I would find morally wrong would be if you were trying to pass them off as Genuine for profit... or trying to fool a group of people to have them think I am, or "have" more than i do..I don't wear reps to get "in" with a class of people... I have better score cards than wealthy people who belong to country clubs.. but I don't "hang with them"

the same could be said about plastic surgery.. not real ;)

If mark really has no guilt about leaving the way he did, or was he run out.?.. I don't know.. if he is a sociopath or not.... He must not be very happy or why would he be "chasing' another form.. for his own self esteem ? seems like he caused himself a lot of damage in that respect

so my point is that I feel the "people" that were directly affected by this person should be the ones to decide what . if anything they want to do ..just don't let "hate" and ego (in the negative sense) make you who and what you are... and the rest of us should stay supportive but let what is.. be

If I were one of the members who got "taken" then I would probably be steaming at the post on Risti.,, I was not involved but still am upset...members here have more CLASS than some of them there, they are the true "Wanna Bees" ... I'm sure there are some really good pople there too... but I like it here because we can be who we are ... no one tries to impress here right... :rolleyes:

so what ever is decided by those who were affected.. I hope you are guided by the right choice .. and whatever you decide to do.. "GO HARD OR GO HOME"

in other words don't get mad .... get even.. JOKING ... :p

Just a thought: I wonder if there is still people on the down low here because judging from this thread no one is complaining about being scammed. On the other hand I agree that its very ugly to jump on a gen forum to do statements as he did. More than ugly I think its sad... and because of that IMHO we should not spend our precious time around that.

Marco, I wish I could say that I still believe in Mark, but at this point . . . more than a year later . . . he still has the Cortebert pocket watch that I purchased from you, plus parts to assemble a 6152 (RXW case, davidsen crystals, dial, brevattato engraved back, etc.) and a PAM 036. Very sad, indeed.

As someone who spent 6 months without a PAM090 (well, 5 months and 3 weeks because I got it back for 1 week with a wrecked CG) while Mark buggered about with it, and talked to him several times on the 'phone (on one occasion he offered me a 'tricked up' PAM005 taking my damaged 090 as 'part exchange') and listened to his [censored] (apparently the CG for my 090 fell out a hole in his briefcase on the way to his work) - I say throw him to the lions, although I suspect he'll [censored] on their doorstep soon enough anyway.

Marco, I wish I could say that I still believe in Mark, but at this point . . . more than a year later . . . he still has the Cortebert pocket watch that I purchased from you, plus parts to assemble a 6152 (RXW case, davidsen crystals, dial, brevattato engraved back, etc.) and a PAM 036. Very sad, indeed.

generally I don't interfere in posts like this...but quoting just this post from leitztozeiss it is clear that Finepics is a scammer!!!

wake up people...late shipments(6+ months), non shipments at all, mods done like they shouldn't be done, low quality spare parts....and the list could go on and on...if that's not scam then tell me what it is...

just my 0.02 croatian kunas

I don't think he's an out-and-out calculating con-trickster. I think he's just fast-and-loose with people and the property and money they have trusted to him.

He's not as smart as he thinks he is, and will come a cropper big time now that he's moving in circles where the other occupants are a bit less tolerant.