When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MidWeek Wrist-Check (28-30 Nov 2007)

TwoTone

after making yesterday a change (was wearing the IWC St.Exupery RG) today I got back to my Corum Admiral's Cup Competition...

I simply cannot believe that for the past 7-10 days I haven't been wearing any PAM, and belive me I have a great collection of them (Fully modded 127-217-111...029 2893, 027 2892-A2, 187, 222)...something strange is happening after the arrival of the Corum...

wristshot1ov6.jpg

after making yesterday a change (was wearing the IWC St.Exupery RG) today I got back to my Corum Admiral's Cup Competition...

I simply cannot believe that for the past 7-10 days I haven't been wearing any PAM, and belive me I have a great collection of them (Fully modded 127-217-111...029 2893, 027 2892-A2, 187, 222)...something strange is happening after the arrival of the Corum...

wristshot1ov6.jpg

The more I see this watch, the more I like it. 48mm of AR glory must be the attraction. Still don't think it would replace my Pam affliction like you Dog.

WEDNESDAY

ZainoDetail asked what thin, OEM-like straps there are out there, for Panerai watches. My answer was immediate: Manifatture Firenze. Their best is the vintage "1942" leather.

Today, I offer you one of my two 1942 straps. Sure, you can SEE this wristcheck. But you can't SMELL IT. This strap's aroma is indescribable. Close your eyes. Imagine tobacco. Imagine an orange grove. Imagine eucalyptus trees. Oh God, that smell is SO sensual and Mediterranean. :wub:

So, ready? My Andrew PAM 177h on an MF 1942 strap with sewn-in buckle, with "sock", certificates, and case. A love letter explosion of photos!

mf1942boxsocktc0.jpg

mf1942tonguelongce2.jpg

mf1942buckleki6.jpg

mf1942bucklefrontcn1.jpg

mf1942buckletonguehb4.jpg

mf1942madeinitalyyh5.jpg

mf1942wristiedq6.jpg

THURSDAY

Having OD'ed you on Wednesday, today, just three little shots of my Silix Rolex DJ with Roman numerals. :yu:

rolexdjromannumeralslealv6.jpg

rolexdjromannumeralsleans5.jpg

rolexdjromannumeralsxmaor4.jpg

(Ahem. Already asked on 'Geeks if this is our family Xmas tree. Nope! At a Cuban restaurant. :lol:)

...really really busy these days for Christmas, guys. PM in case of need. See you later! :tu:

Well, I'm usually wearing a tie every day but not a suit. I went with a suit today (in court this week) and thought this 183 would look great with it.

It is on a Europelli Bomber strap (I think he did this run in 2004 or 2005). Nothing looks better on this watch than this strap imo (at least of the straps that I own!)

miscwatch002.jpg