When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex MBW from Joshua? A dream come true?Yes!

elprimerozen

@dadog....there is no 'secret'nor myth any more surrounding MBW / MBk watches ....ALL vintage and modern steel verisions are as follows.

OVER THE COUNTER PRICES.

All steel models vintage and modern = 7500 baht....!

All two tone models......=10,000 baht....!

All AP & PP non-chronograph versions.....= 10,000 baht...!

All AP ROO Chronographs......= 13,500 baht.

To work it out in your local currency please visit www.xe.com

CURRENCY CONVERTER

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PRICES ABOVE ARE FOR A WALK-IN BUY.......NOT FOR A DEALER DELIVERED PRICE.

alrite ttk, you sold me on skype.. i have several company owned pc's which are unfortunetly the ones i use for personal use and i cannot load the software on them.. but i will see what i can do.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...Ok.....who's the comedian....?

Who asked me to add them as a Skype contact.....with the name.....Juan Jose Carlito Fernando Manuelito Delgado Rodriguez Guttierez Jimenez........:blink:

@dadog....there is no 'secret'nor myth any more surrounding MBW / MBk watches ....ALL vintage and modern steel verisions are as follows.

OVER THE COUNTER PRICES.

All steel models vintage and modern = 7500 baht....!

All two tone models......=10,000 baht....!

All AP & PP non-chronograph versions.....= 10,000 baht...!

All AP ROO Chronographs......= 13,500 baht.

To work it out in your local currency please visit www.xe.com

CURRENCY CONVERTER

PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE PRICES ABOVE ARE FOR A WALK-IN BUY.......NOT FOR A DEALER DELIVERED PRICE.

i know it is no secret...and thanks for posting them once again...

I am not a rolex fan...do not own neither one of them...and I doubt I will...

even if they are true MBW's... why would you buy one from Josh for $398 + $30 shipping when you can get one quality controlled from TTK for $350 shipped? Who cares if the Cartel has a source, they are still $80 more than TTK. If TTK took paypal, then i would impulse buy a red 1680 right now!!

A white 1680 would on the way to me too. Not a rolly fan but with a bit of modding i would love one.

This has been a very interesting thread. I've owned a few MBK watches, not just rollies, and there is a significant difference between them and their chinese counterparts in my experience, in terms of finish, dial quality, etc... I can definitely attest to the quality of the AP dials, at least the one on my Offshore is by far the most detailed and high quality of any rep I've seen.

In fact, before I received the Offshore, I was under the impression that the case/bracelet/dial was essentially the same between the Chinese vs. Thai version...with the cyclops being superior on the MBW (and that's it). When I received the watch, my immediate impression was that it was far more similar to the previous MBK I'd had (which was the PP Nautilus Jumbo), as far as overall finish and quality of construction.

The dial was off the charts. You have to see macros of it to get an idea of the level of detail and finish- I'm not joking, my first thought was that it was a gen dial that they'd got a hold of, ala the ceramic bezel's on the HBB. It actually changes colour under different lighting.

In terms of the current situation- the chinese dealers HAVE started to "borrow" some of the popular MBK models recently, and have them repped in China at a lower overall quality level- so there is an interesting historical precedent. It's easy to follow the logic that TTK outlined, as far as the reasons as to why a sudden, continuous 'sourcing' of these watches to one of the Chinese dealers would strain plausibility. Subjectively, so I'm qualifying this by saying that this an uninformed opinion- but it's seemed that over the last year the MBK's have become more widely produced and available to the rep community.

They're certainly not the mystical shadows of the rep world that they were a year or so ago, so the intuitive notion of a major dealer getting access seems somewhat consistent with the increase in mainstream availability.

But Josh did say that they're the same or three times your money your money back- that is putting your money where your mouth is- and the early evidence available through pictures seems to be of the 'old' MBW's. How Josh acquired this stock, or connection, if we accept that they're from MBK is open to speculation.

I don't know. I'm not too worried about the value of my 'real' MBK watches...which is the direction my collection has tilted towards significantly in the last couple of months.

What I'm still curious about is the comment made about a possible submariner upgrade in the works. Are we talking about the modern gen watchmaker9(?) version?

Because if MBK was going to be re-designing their 1680 case so that the CG's, lugholes, and all the other little details were corrected, and were to release a new red dial that looked 'right', I would be jealous and wish I'd waited.

I only anticipate releases from two sources- the Chinese 'super rep' factory, and MBK.

Only if he ordered them ahead of time cause the source can not make that many without ample lead time.

Anyway, at 398 dropshipped just about nobody will buy. At 298 however...HELLO!!!!!

LH

well, josh (or someone working for him) can take a flight and buy 100 submariner and 100 Sea-dweller from the marketplace....adn then sell them in his store..

easy

At $300 US Josh wouldn't be making enough money to cover his expenses and the hassle of actually sourcing the watches. It's nice to think about, but the price of the MBW's is more stable than that, as it's controlled by a single source. I don't think there's going to be a better price than what has already been established by the marketplace.

post-2152-1196960889_thumb.jpgI do not want to comment about Joshua's MBK being or not the real deal. :mellow:

I just wanted to add a comment on how good has been my recent transaction with Neil/TTK.

Yes, I just received a new DRSD MBK from Neil, and I am very happy with it :D:D:D

This is the same watch many of you already know and own ... I got my Double Red! :wub:

It took 42 days to have this piece in my hands after ordering it to Neil: I am in Europe, and to avoid customs issues Neil and myself decided to ship via the UK. Simple pack received via mail, no question and no answer needed.

What in my experience was incredibly positive was the Skype ordering experience with Neil! I followed his suggestion and downoladed Skype on my PC, wrote him a message to know if he had the watch in stock, and the day after I received a call from TTK: yes a normal phone call. :)

He took all the time needed to tell me the characteristics of the watch, the fact that the He valve is a working one, all the services included in his way of managing this "hobby" such as waterproofing, polishing, regulating the time, etc. We then decided which was the best way to deliver the watch fron Thailand, which was the best way to overcome any possible custom issue, and the fact that with some extra days the watch cold have been shipped through the UK.

Neil was very kind and polite and gave me all the time I needed to decide on this topic: the phone call, free for both of us, lasted around 15 minutes.

I think it is very important to have the possibility to discuss with your seller and ask questions, instead of writing mails. There is also the possibility to write messages in a chat: the messages will be saved, and it will be possible to find them later.

Neil also sent me some pics of the watch in his hands before I paid for it, so I knew exactly what I was going to buy.

I enclose a couple of photos from the ones he sent me (he is sure a much better photographer than I am).

I hope this message can be useful to many potential buyers: Neil is a real gentleman and his Skype ordering system is the best a rep addict could desire :1a:

post-2152-1196960778_thumb.jpg

post-2152-1196960845_thumb.jpg

post-2152-1196960983_thumb.jpg

post-2152-1196961025_thumb.jpg

You have to applaud that kind of effort. I would say that is above and beyond.

I think the problem for some buyers is the delayed gratification- for me, it's not that big an issue, but having bought/sold some watches I can definitely understand that this is not the case for a lot of buyers. Sometimes as a seller it can be frustrating because you can't help when the postal service is going to move their inventory.

I've only seen lightly modded rolex MBW's to this point, but soon I should have the chance to see one with a ton of gen parts- which will be a better perspective with which to judge their true merit.

I have to say, the modern MBW sub, with a simple insert/pearl change, is much preferred to the shallow rehaut that is characteristic of the modern chinese subs. The idea of a modern Watchmaker9 with some easier-to-find-than-vintage gen parts would be intriguing. I much prefer the vintage rollies, but that one has good potential.

post-2152-1196960889_thumb.jpgI do not want to comment about Joshua's MBK being or not the real deal. :mellow:

I just wanted to add a comment on how good has been my recent transaction with Neil/TTK.

Yes, I just received a new DRSD MBK from Neil, and I am very happy with it :D:D:D

This is the same watch many of you already know and own ... I got my Double Red! :wub:

It took 42 days to have this piece in my hands after ordering it to Neil: I am in Europe, and to avoid customs issues Neil and myself decided to ship via the UK. Simple pack received via mail, no question and no answer needed.

What in my experience was incredibly positive was the Skype ordering experience with Neil! I followed his suggestion and downoladed Skype on my PC, wrote him a message to know if he had the watch in stock, and the day after I received a call from TTK: yes a normal phone call. :)

He took all the time needed to tell me the characteristics of the watch, the fact that the He valve is a working one, all the services included in his way of managing this "hobby" such as waterproofing, polishing, regulating the time, etc. We then decided which was the best way to deliver the watch fron Thailand, which was the best way to overcome any possible custom issue, and the fact that with some extra days the watch cold have been shipped through the UK.

Neil was very kind and polite and gave me all the time I needed to decide on this topic: the phone call, free for both of us, lasted around 15 minutes.

I think it is very important to have the possibility to discuss with your seller and ask questions, instead of writing mails. There is also the possibility to write messages in a chat: the messages will be saved, and it will be possible to find them later.

Neil also sent me some pics of the watch in his hands before I paid for it, so I knew exactly what I was going to buy.

I enclose a couple of photos from the ones he sent me (he is sure a much better photographer than I am).

I hope this message can be useful to many potential buyers: Neil is a real gentleman and his Skype ordering system is the best a rep addict could desire :1a:

oh, that's good...

My Rolex 1680 took 2 months froms Neil to me, and it arrives with the dial misaligned.

My last deal with him, of course :thumbdown:

I have to say, the modern MBW sub, with a simple insert/pearl change, is much preferred to the shallow rehaut that is characteristic of the modern chinese subs. The idea of a modern Watchmaker9 with some easier-to-find-than-vintage gen parts would be intriguing. I much prefer the vintage rollies, but that one has good potential.

I could not agree more. I have a modern "polex" MBW/MBK 16610 from TTK as well as some cn subs and the rehaut on the MBW/MBK can't be beat. Below are a couple pics of mine with a watchmaterial insert and the dial/hands/datewheel from a noob sub...

DSC02758.jpg

DSC02756.jpg

DSC02757.jpg

It doesn't look worn-in after a few years......it looks ugly and cheap!!! Just my opinion!!! I spent $250/year just to have it buffed by a Rolex dealer!

That's nonsense. You can use Polywatch to buff out scratches with simple cloth. Costs $ 5 and 5 minutes of your time. You pay $250 at a

Rolex AD, well that is like flushing it down the toilet. Plexi looks cool and feels cool. I hate the saphire on my Orange Hand.

boy these guys must be getting hammered with traffic from RWG members - the site's down!!! i've heard of the slashdot or engadget effect, but never the RWG effect!

Well we know at least one guy clicked the link. :laugh:

Ken