When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start Of the Week/Christmas Wrist Check

By-Tor

Christmas is a sentimental time, so I'll be wearing the watch that means the most to me. This is the one that started it all for me, introduced me to new friends and has never ceased to fascinate me with its beautiful complexity. Cheers to all my friends, Neil, Pug, By-Tor, Admin, Ken, Two-Tone, Zig, Stephane, etc, etc. You guys have all made my year happier, and certainly more interesting. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, and may the new year bring you all health and happiness.

IMG_3499.jpg

Danke Vic,

Maybe Hammie thinks it's a bit small? Or feminine?

I don't know... but just to clear up any possible confusion for the youngsters out there... the "standard Man's watch" has not always been 50mm+. Although it has been before, usually when carried in a pocket. My own opinions on why some watches are way overpriced and oversized for what they are, would be better left alone to avoid painting true watch lovers (regardless of taste) with the brush of "over-compensation for some inadequacy" by accident.

I don't have those problems, and my wrists make Panerai look small.

So, here is a comparison picture of some vintage watches so that there is some form of scale for those who need it...

... these are ...

Large Man's Rado - Man's Helbros - Man's Elgin (on a dive watch) - Lady Elgin (note the size) - Man's Croton Aquamatic

post-7786-1198551048_thumb.jpg

And again, Merry Christmas to all...

EDIT: AH! So, Ham does think it looks like a "girls" watch... so, since we've seen the difference between a Men's and Lady's Vintage Elgin... let's see how much of a real difference there is between the "Men's" and Lady's Assholaroma...

post-7786-1199055138_thumb.jpg

Ah, yes, I can clearly see how 'signifigantly' different these are... :rolleyes:

Danke Vic,

Maybe Hammie thinks it's a bit small? Or feminine?

I don't know... but just to clear up any possible confusion for the youngsters out there... the "standard Man's watch" has not always been 50mm+. Although it has been before, usually when carried in a pocket. My own opinions on why some watches are way overpriced and oversized for what they are, would be better left alone to avoid painting true watch lovers (regardless of taste) with the brush of "over-compensation for some inadequacy" by accident.

I don't have those problems, and my wrists make Panerai look small.

So, here is a comparison picture of some vintage watches so that there is some form of scale for those who need it...

... these are ...

Large Man's Rado - Man's Helbros - Man's Elgin (on a dive watch) - Lady Elgin (note the size) - Man's Croton Aquamatic

post-7786-1198551048_thumb.jpg

And again, Merry Christmas to all...

hehe..i"m compensating for my fading eyesight :)

minifiddy2.jpg

Christmas Day, my one and only rep worth showing, PAM DSN 172. This time with my vintaged brown strap with rust stitching.

Merry Christmas, Brent!

Strap looks amazing. BTW, I hope you got my email, although I quite understand that the holidays are trying for our leisure time. :)

Picture008.jpg

Are those Transformers models on the shelf behind you? I have a few dotted around my room, as well as 4 Dalek models which I plan to re-spray to represent the Cult of Skaro. Good to see a fellow collector of such things here :)

Oh yes, my watch... Well, I haven't had time to get a new wrist shot yet, but I'm still wearing my 127, only with a new honey/tan BOB sharkskin strap my fiance got me for christmas. Way more comfortable than the stock strap (which I 'burst' trying to soften it up :lol: ) and it looks great on the watch. I'll try and get some pics when possible :)

Hope folks had a good christmas,

Peace be upon you.

It sucks not having a Shoutbox because then I have to post this -- where's the MidWeek Wristcheck thread, please? :)

I know I know, we're all hung over, or too bloated with turkey. ^_^

FOLLOWUP: Trying to start only one per week, or less. I did the Weekend ones -- too soon for another; I was hoping someone else would start the ball rolling.

Are those Transformers models on the shelf behind you? I have a few dotted around my room, as well as 4 Dalek models which I plan to re-spray to represent the Cult of Skaro. Good to see a fellow collector of such things here :)

Oh yes, my watch... Well, I haven't had time to get a new wrist shot yet, but I'm still wearing my 127, only with a new honey/tan BOB sharkskin strap my fiance got me for christmas. Way more comfortable than the stock strap (which I 'burst' trying to soften it up :lol: ) and it looks great on the watch. I'll try and get some pics when possible :)

Hope folks had a good christmas,

Peace be upon you.

Dear Teejay:

They're not "Transformer"; They're "Gundam" Master Guide & Perfect Grade. Another hobbies beside watches........

Best Regards,

Raymond