When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch(es) you'd like to see replicated in 2008?

By-Tor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I like the Rainbow, I like the all black version better though... and I am still upset about missing out on EPZ's ridiculous Gen sale because of other unplanned financial obligations.

And, I have seen this repped already... Just sub par "Canal street" quality with calendar date wheels... at about $150

If I were into buying reps of moderns, I would probably pay $350-400 for a decent rep of this. Of course the collectors will want $800-1000...

By-Tor,

I like the Zenith rainbow also. I think it's a pretty cool looking watch. Seems like an ETA 7753 (tricompax) would work perfectly. The extra cost of the Swiss movements is less important to me now. The Asia 7750 is much cheaper ... but not that much after having a $200 servicing. I'd rather pay more for a better movement up-front. Then again, I don't buy a lot of reps (just the SMP chrono so far, which I love BTW).

Pugwash,

I'll take your word for it that the 2894 is difficult to work on. This is why I would be happy if they just put it in a Ulysse Nardin Marine Chronograph "as-is". I could easily live with a minute counter calibrated in 30 min scale. The 45 min scale is far less important to me than having an excellent movement in a beautiful case. Since I don't try to pass off my rep as a gen, the 30-min subdial inaccuracy is of little consequence to me. Getting an ETA 2894 for around $1000 is far more important. (the cheapest watch I can find w/ the ETA 2894 is a new Invicta model which I don't like the looks of. Plus the cost is over $2000, maybe close to $3000 ... not sure off the top of my head). Thus, I wish they would just build the case and put in the 2894 as-is, no mods. I would happily pay $1000 to $1200 for this rep.

Regards gentlemen!

Be well,

Jeff

Edited by stang

Hi,

from my side, I would love a good replica of the Montblanc Stars series, especially the Chrono XL. Same quality as they did the Timewalker.

Actually the MB Star was my first rep, so it has also some kind of sentimental value :-) But current ones are really lame...

We have already a few things to have a good rep : 7750 layout, hands and buckle, even the existing rep bracelets are not that bad.

son2038rb2.jpg

son2039ol5.jpg

son2041tr3.jpg

Make it for less than 300 dollars, I'd buy it in a minute.

Me too!!! I have loved this watch (any dial color variation) from the beginning of my interest in watches! They aren't an expensive watch, but sometimes a superior rep of a less expensive watch means an ULTRA realistic rep. At least for the less wealthy guys like me... :whistling:

I also would like to drive home the point many have made that we would gladly exchange some new rep designs for improvements to existing designs, especially in the Rolex (not my cup of tea personally) and Panerai lines. Panerai fonts, color, and placement SHOULD NOT BE HARD. :please:

I would like to see the Longines Lindberg chrono with 7750.

The non chrono would also be nice.

But the watch I would like most to see replicated is the AP ROO with same sandwitch case construction as the original. Factories have done it with the hbb, why not the ap?

I know that mbw ap uses eta 2892 with chrono module. But the mbw is too expensive.

The price cant be justified at all.

Other watches I too would like to see replicated are a 1:1 rolex gmt master with ceramic bezel, the ap scuba diver la boutique and a nice jlc.

But still there are a lot of watches I have to get first:

I like for instance the iwc 3717, the corum admiral titanium and...a yellow gold franck muller with white dial and blue hands.

Blancpain 50 Fathoms

Breguet Type XX Areonavale + Transatlantique <----- Please use the Lemania/Seagull mov't for better spacing instead of 7750.

IWC Big Pilot

IWC Mark XVI

Yes on all four watches... + the Panerai Radiomir automatic please ... and a quality rep of the JLC Compressor series! :rolleyes:

Yes on all four watches... + the Panerai Radiomir automatic please ... and a quality rep of the JLC Compressor series! :rolleyes:

Just tried on the Black Seal Automatic---my favorite new PAM by a wide margin. 100% class. I know the rep makers will undoubtedly find something to screw up given their recent performance on PAMs, but it's going to be hard to find something they can completely ruin. All they'd have to do is rework the existing black seal case to fit the A7750, add a solid back, copy the existing dial adding a date window, use the make a cyclops sandwich, and toss the pretty-good font DW on the 7750.

I hope for a better Daytona.. With a good modification as with the sec@3 Breitlings.. Or the regular IWC Aquatimer, non Chrono.. Wasn't there some rumors about a new run of Explorer IIs also??

The replica makers seem to be busy pushing out all varities of 7750 Chronos. After the SFSO there has not really been any more interesting non-chrono replicas.

A Big Pilot would be cool, but not really my cup of tea.

Strangely, I dont have any dream-replicas anymore... I am rather working on reducing my collection at the moment. :)

I certainly wouldn't mind a Big Pilot! But think would have to wait a long long time before a decent one is ready...

On of that, I don't mind these but don't know why they aren't so popular, could it be because the brand name is new???

RGJellyfishN.jpg

SteelJellyfish.jpg

And of course I don't mind some models from U-boat too! Oops I'am too greedy.... :p