When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Europe GTG Sat 16th Feb in Brussels

FxrAndy

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all, i never belived that this event would be sooooooooo good, I drank and eat with some wonderfull people who i now hope i could call freinds! From far and wide they they came and long and late they stayed, I drank every thing from a Green Cow (Thanks to Admin) to a G&T vie bottles of wine and many beers and JDs and ended with a last beer in the hotel with Scoobs, it was not nessesary to keep drinking but i dont think we wanted the evening to stop (or morning as it was about 5 at this point) to those that would have liked to attend but could not i am sure that we will want to do this again, i know i will!

Stephane, Admin, Frank, Reg, PT and every one who attended or helped this happen Thank you

I leave you with a few photos i took.

post-1258-1203277137_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1203277183_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1203277266_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1203277383_thumb.jpg

post-1258-1203277440_thumb.jpg

Hey all......Like everybody here has said; Great meeting you all.....Yes, the admin was there :) Could NOT let this GTG happen without me attending.

Still not home due to a mixup with my airline tickets, but I can spend some time online at the airport then :)

This has been an incredible weekend. Arrived in Brussels friday evening and got picket up by Stephane who drow us to the hotel. After a quick make up check in the hotel room, I joned Stephane in the hotel bare, where we had a couple of drinks before we went out and enjoyed a great meail at a very nice Thai-restaurant. The company was great and I had to admit that meeting Stephane was like meeting an old friend. We could probably have stayed up a lot later than we did on friday, but we had a busy saturday ahead :) Spent the day sigth-seeing in Brussles before we (my better half was also there) went to Stephane in the afternoon. Came about 20 minutes before the rest of the people and Andy and Stephane had insisted on that I should not reveal my true identity until later that afternoon, so for a while I was Stephanes friend who was visiting ;) So for a couple of hours I knew nothing about watchs and I had nothing to do with the forums :p

Again, it was an incredible evening. So much fun to meet all the members and get a face and a person "tagged" to a forum name. SO many nice people and it was so interesting to watch the first...10 minutes...everybody was on their best behaviour, drinking, mingling, etc...no watches was in sigth, except for Stephanes watches in the watch corner. Then all of a sudden one of the members just had to get a watch and the fuse was lit. "I'll have to get one also..." I have a couple"...within a couple of minutes there were watches eveywhere, casebacks beeing removed, people looking at watches throught the loupe, etc. Soooooo much fun! Everybody are incredible friendly people and we actually had problems tearing us away from all of this to go to the restaurant. Big fun at the restaurant, with a big quiz (I wasn't allowed to participate :( Curse this forum knowledge ;) I believe everybody left the restaurant happy, with new sticky balls and other prices. Back to Stephanes place for more watch talk and more drinks. As Yellomen said; I think we all left at about 5 in the morning.

Andy/Stephane: You guys did a GREAT job with all of this and it was a pleasure to finally meet you face to face. I am sure we will meet again! Same goes for all the other members. A great pleasure meeting you! Also a big thank you to the dealer who provided prices. All I can say is that those who did notcome, sure missed a great GTG. but there is always next time ;)

Yello and Stephane: When can I reserve space for you in our country house? ;)

Well, I'll jump on Admin's post and say that it was a great surprise that he decided to spend the week-end in Brussels with Mrs Admin !

And, Andy and I couldn't wait for the other members to discover that he was among us :lol:

@T: I would be delighted to visit you and look forward to it!

:lol:

What a crack up reading this the day after...

I'm sure this Thread will go on & on & on & on for the rest of this week...

Sounds like all had a wonderful time...

It's these gatherings that make all the difference...

SOOOOO much more than Watches our little community is...

Congrats to each of you for making & taking the Time...

You just experienced the "Good Ol' Days"...

The clock of life is wound but once...

And no man has the power...

To tell just when the hands will stop...

At late or early hour...

Now is the only time you own...

Live, love, toil with a will...

Place no faith in time...

For the clock may soon be still...

Double T

WWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. What a surprise... damn it! He managed to cheat us :p He said a friend of Stephane at first, who is really true... We didn't question further as Admin was there before the whole bunch of us arrived.

Edited from minor mistakes :p I am a bit O_o now.

Edited by takashi

Only one word can describe it: Disappointment :p

Well... can you blame them :lol:

Man... i had a long, long sleep!! Fell asleep around 10 PM last night and the coma lasted untill 7 this morning... usually it's a 6 hour nightrest, not 9 hours!!

@T... talked to girlfriend and we have a green light :rolleyes: ... thanx for the offer!!