When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What does RWG mean to you?

TwoTone

This Thread is devoted more to our newer Members, but all are welcome to share...

We have had the privilege of an anonymous donation from a Supporting Member who would like to pay for five 1-Year "Supporter" Memberships...

So, the goal is to award 5 "Regular" Members with a 1 Year "Supporter" Membership...

Share "what RWG means to you" with the community...

Then by using the Rating System the membership will choose which 5 will be upgraded...

Only "Stars" will counted...

So...

Tell us what the Forum means to you...

How it's helped you...

Watch Collections...

Friendships made...

Etc...

We will let this Thread run for 10 days, then tally up the "Stars"...

Thank you to the community for making this place what it is...

And thanks to our donor for your support...

Double T

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, RWG represents a culmination of the free market process. Like a nurturing mentor, RWG exists for the sole purpose of furthering the education of consumers and collectors regarding replica watches. RWG was founded (and to this day, still exists) as not only a "guide" for replica watches, but as a vast codex of knowledge about all things horological. While the forum deals with replica watches, even Gen owners can learn the flaws of existing replicas for use during their own purchasing endeavors. As such, RWG is the embodiment of the most valued commodity in these increasingly turbulent times: Knowledge. If the old adage that "Knowledge is Power" is indeed true, members of RWG are armed to the teeth when it comes to searching for great products, learning more about horology and the age old craft of watchmaking, and helping out fellow forum members by posting scams, making trades, holding GTG's, and inspiring newbies (such as myself) to take a moment or two out the (at times) overwhelming hustle and bustle of our daily lives and truly appreciate the experiences, friendships, knowledge, and above all, the family that have grown out of a simple forum. RWG shows that craftsmanship, attention to detail, art, and the pursuit of knowledge are still alive and well, and I hope to continue to be a member of this forum for many years!!

Edited by Shundi

RWG to me is putting my dreams within reach!

I am finally able to own all those dream watches

Just like most I stumbled upon this site by typing Replica watch into google. I was about to take the plunge, and waist my money on a scam site and then I just happened to find this place. It took me a little while to figure out how the forum works and learn my way around the place.

Right off the bat I knew that most on this board where very honest! How do I know this? My first post stated that I was a newbie and looking to make my first purchase, I said that I spent a lot of time reading and could not find a place to buy a rep watch.

Kenberg wrote this reply

RWG is my first point of reference before buying yet another watch. This is the place for unbiased and friendly opinion. It's heaven for noobs, there's always someone around to point them in the right direction and give a helping hand. The photography here is fantastic. There's a diverse mix of people and they are mostly genuine wanting to give real help to those who are undecided or about to make a mistake. I'm here most days.

Its like my own virtual crack house. Where I can choose to take part in the daily pi55ing contest or not, and long may she continue.

I would add that I thought it was a place for like minded individuals, but given the tone some the threads, its seems more of a place for a good olde fisty cuffs without the spilt blood. Hurrah.

Seriously it helps me to control the spend of my money on this addiction of mine

OK, I'm not a newer member here...by a long shot...but, I did want to chime in with what this place means to me.

I was a supporter here and in an earlier forum for a long time, but have been unable to use my PayPal account for another long while now. Plus, my finances have been a little rough lately as far as credit, etc.

Anyhow...here's my George Costanza vs. SS Andrea Doria story: :lol:

Prior to Hurricane Katrina, I was on here all the time and I met many staples of this forum which turned into some very cool online relationships. The reason I came here is because of my long standing love of watches. My father taught me a few things in life about a real watch. He owns quite a few Gens that he, one day, will hand down to me. We've been to watch auctions together and it was always exciting to see what you can walk away with for the right price. I was never able to afford the watches like he owned, but I realized that there were alternatives. So, in my search online, I stumbled upon RW1 and other forums. Thank goodness I found these places as I'd probably be scammed out of a ton of cash...well, a ton for me would probably be something else to another person. My addiction was started...and it continues today.

Then, at the end of August, 2005, I found myself in another city...stranded...with no place to call home as Hurricane Katrina ravaged my house and all possessions...including my collection that I so coveted. I was stuck on a couch with a friend's computer in search of my parents. They stayed in the city through the storm and I hadn't heard from them, nor could I get in touch with them for weeks. I was the worst time in my life, not knowing if my family was even alive. I hopped on to the forum to inform my new found friends of everything happening and found a lot of very sincere support. It meant the world to me that people out there could be that supportive of someone they'd never even met. Then, one day out of the blue, I received a package from a name I didn't know. To my surprise, it was a very nice PAM. A gift from a member that heard about my losses. Wow...what a gift. And this watch will never leave my collection...no matter what. AND even further on, a few days later, I find another package from another person I did not know. It was a LUNAR CHRONOSWISS on a beautiful strap. Once again...another watch that will never leave my possession. If I ever had to run from tragedy again, I'd have both of these watches with me. And I will never forget what some people have done for me...it means a lot.

As for today, I am home again, my house is finally rebuilt...everthing new. And I begin again with another nice collection. I miss some of my old watches, such as the PATEK PHILLIPE and my old GLASSHUTE...but, I have some nice replacements.

So, to end...what does this place mean to me? HOPE and new TRUST in my fellow man. Sounds corny huh? Well, so be it.

Thanks to the admin and mods here...it's a great place.

Thinking back to that grand day when we all counted down to 10:00 precisely, and flooded the old

site with messages welcoming all to the new RWG. It were a valiant and glorious thing, and I hold dear

the friends I have made in this endeavour.

This day is called the feast of Crispian:

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,

Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,

And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

He that shall live this day, and see old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'

Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.

And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,

But he'll remember with advantages

What feats he did that day: then shall our names.

Familiar in his mouth as household words

Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,

Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,

Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

RWG is the only place for me where I can meet a lady who has the same addiction as I have...

That never happens in real life...

...whatever the addiction is. ^_^

It's also the place of maturity : you can have any discussion (related to rep or not), you always meet the right person to learn from.

To me, RWG is an escape. It is one of the few places I can turn to experience real happiness in my otherwise boring life in Ottawa; Canada, what is perhaps the saddest capital city of any country in the world. If I didn't have RWG, then the only other friends I could discuss fine Swiss horology with would be the cattle at the local farm.

..depends upon the economic times I am experiencing,..

When up,.. it's a toy store, and I don't think twice about adding more trinkets to my toy box...

When down,.. it's a crack house, and I can only look in the window at all the other junkies,

many of which will end up like me in poorman's rehab... ^_^

..depends upon the economic times I am experiencing,..

When up,.. it's a toy store, and I don't think twice about adding more trinkets to my toy box...

When down,.. it's a crack house, and I can only look in the window at all the other junkies,

many of which will end up like me in poorman's rehab... ^_^

:lol:

Good to see you posting again K...

Double T

My own RWG chronology:

- "Oh my god, I have been f*cked on the net! This seems to be a better place for reps." :angry:

- A gigantic book of knowledge :o

- An addiction :animal_rooster:

- A compulsive hobby :Jumpy:

- A nice hobby :victory:

- New virtual friends :good:

- New friends :thumbsupsmileyanim:

And now, where am I at?

RWG is an opportunity to mix a passion for timepieces, new horizons, new friends, future friends,

For me RWG is not about the watches.....not any more....yes there will be future purchases but I know I already have enough to last a lifetime.

No to me RWG is about the people, people who will reach out in times of crisis to console my wife and report back to my many friends on any progress (my health scare), people who left so many pages of good wishes for me it took days to read on my return.

And people who were moved to send me small gifts, you will never know how much you brightened my day.

I am so honored to be a part of the Admin team of this board full of so many fine people.

So yeah RWG is not about the watches to me, it's about the people and to the people I say thank you. -_-

Ken

Edit to add; I see I am getting some stars, please when time to tally exclude me from any winners list, I only wanted to give my feelings on our site.