When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

China and animals

Dani

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some people just like playing with their food.totally kidding.i just think that if you slaughter dogs everyday for food,you will cease to see them as anything but food.you're trying to get it done as fast as possible so if the animals are treated a little rough, it doesn't matter anymore.i don't think these people are anymore savage than anyone else on this planet.but,other animals on the planet absolutely torture their food before they eat it.i.ve seen killer whales (some of the smartest animals on the planet)play tennis with seals before they eat them.ever seen a cat catch something and play with it a while before dining?i have.seems to me that it is very natural behavior for an animal.so you can't call these people savages,right?

Edited by jnagy

this shows you how flawed the majority of people's thinking is.people only care when the issue concerns them.that is selfishness.

Nah. Humans just tend to compartmentalise themselves. You can see this from the hunter-gatherers on.

some people just like playing with their food.totally kidding.i just think that if you slaughter dogs everyday for food,you will cease to see them as anything but food.you're trying to get it done as fast as possible so if the animals are treated a little rough, it doesn't matter anymore.i don't think these people are anymore savage than anyone else on this planet.but,other animals on the planet absolutely torture their food before they eat it.i.ve seen killer whales (some of the smartest animals on the planet)play tennis with seals before they eat them.ever seen a cat catch something and play with it a while before dining?i have.seems to me that it is very natural behavior for an animal.so you can't call these people savages,right?

I have had cats and dogs my hole life so yes i now have brutal they can be.

If you just say "ohh that is just have it is" then you are just as bad as this people that use this brutal metod's of slaughter.

I speak up against it as i belive in my opinion its wrong..

If its a dog,cat,pig,bear or any other animal that get slaughter like that in the clip i thake a stand against it.

I have seen all of the bad stuff on the web also i have seen alot of bad stuff in my life but still animal abuse and child abuse is what realy gets to me..

Cheers

If you look at animal abuse and say that just have it is then your just as bad as the people doing it.

Easy.

My God, isn't this thread dead yet? My contribution to its demise is the following: Dani, good intentions are one thing. But painting people with the broad brushstroke of evil will get you the same derision that PETA rightly get.

I'm not much for Nietzsche. But he did say one true word:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster."

In this case, you're claiming those who do not fight "monsters" are themselves monsters, which is hyperbole (or as Pugwash said, silly).

My God, isn't this thread dead yet? My contribution to its demise is the following: Dani, good intentions are one thing. But painting people with the broad brushstroke of evil will get you the same derision that PETA rightly get.

I'm not much for Nietzsche. But he did say one true word:

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster."

In this case, you're claiming those who do not fight "monsters" are themselves monsters, which is hyperbole (or as Pugwash said, silly).

This tread will go to page 20 we are not at the top yet.

zebra522591chk3.jpg

To just say NO to animal crulety is anuff to not be a monster but if you sit and say its ok then your just as bad as people that do it.

If you look at animal abuse and say that just have it is then your just as bad as the people doing it.

Easy.

the only reason you are calling it animal abuse is because you don't eat dogs.i AGREE with you it is brutal,horrifying slaughter.but,i'm not sure this is torture,and to label them as savages is not fair.if you lived over there you might also eat questionable animals.all animals struggle when stabbed,shot,killed by wild animals,etc..it is all horrible.even running over a squirrel makes me feel bad.but,if you want meat,it is unavoidable.as for the methods they use,if all you have is a spear,bat,and knife,that is what you would use.again,all horrrible.but some of your earlier statements about god led me to believe you are atheist,correct?based on that you definately loose credibility when condeming actions that are natural to a natural hunter/killer(humans).in my eyes this thread could not have continued without eventually going down that"forbidden" path of where we came from and who made us.i'm TOTALLY comfortable with that.as obviously everyone else is who has contributed to this thread.but,please don't feel like anyone is ganging up on you.if you feel that strongly,defend your position as intelligently as possibe and think.

This tread will go to page 20 we are not at the top yet.

zebra522591chk3.jpg

To just say NO to animal crulety is anuff to not be a monster but if you sit and say its ok then your just as bad as people that do it.

Where has anyone in this discussion said that they condone cruelty to animals? Condoning a method of slaughter is not the same as condoning cruelty to animals.

I repeat my question: What method of slaughter do you propose slaughterhouses use?

You have not suggested that people all become vegetarian (which would mean not killing animals at all) so you must be happy eating meat. What method do you suggest be used instead?

Throughout this thread you have reminded people that it is the methods which you finding intollerable. What is your suggestion that slaughterhouses do instead? It's all too easy to sit back and criticize, without suggesting an alternative.

So obviously the only path to redemption is to blow Dani's bugle (non Freudian metaphor!) and fire off a lump of cash to that money grubbing, self serving. charity.

I remember a similarly misguided friend's wife, who thru one of these rah, rah, rah help the animals 'charities' had ADOPTED a whale!!! - (by virtue of her monthly subscription) - she had photos of it and had named it etc. I asked where it was and was told (quite indignantly) 'In the ocean' !!!!! She went into an almighty hissy fit when I offered to cut her a better deal...I said for the same money to me she could continue to adopt the self same 'Sammy' the whale, an additional pod of dolphins, and as a new member welcome I'd throw in a shoal of mackerel too!.

Edited by narikaa

So obviously the only path to redemption is to blow Dani's bugle (non Freudian metaphor!) and fire off a lump of cash to that money grubbing, self serving. charity.

I remember a similarly misguided friend's wife, who thru one of these rah, rah, rah help the animals 'charities' had ADOPTED a whale!!! - (by virtue of her monthly subscription) - she had photos of it and had named it etc. I asked where it was and was told (quite indignantly) 'In the ocean' !!!!! She went into an almighty hissy fit when I offered to cut her a better deal...I said for the same money to me she could continue to adopt the self same 'Sammy' the whale, an additional pod of dolphins, and as a new member welcome I'd throw in a shoal of mackerel too!.

Good man.

Do you also do troublings of goldfish, hovers of trout, smacks of jellyfish or laps of cod?

And what's your stand on arrays of eels?

You're a cheapskate Narikaa - if she'd come to me I would have offered an additional distant star, to hell with it, an entire galaxy from a Hubble photo for only a fiver more. :p

BTW I think this thread is the zenith of RWG "freestyle" arguing here - everyone on a soap box discussing their (different) favourite subject at exactly the same time. :lol:

Later in the year, and in the spirit of the Beijing 'replica' Olympics we might make that one of the forum medal-winning sports. :p

I wonder if this thread would have the same kind of input if Dani were talking about a different animal. Like a lamb or a muskrat. Because the topic is now far from being salvaged. And the topic should have been more descriptive than "china and animals".

I wonder if this thread would have the same kind of input if Dani were talking about a different animal. Like a lamb or a muskrat. Because the topic is now far from being salvaged. And the topic should have been more descriptive than "china and animals".

"China and a curmudgeon of RWGers"?

I think most of us got the idea; the thing is I didn't see anything in the video and links posted that was especially cruel, or any more barbaric than the butchering of any other livestock.

Unless they invent a cow sized version of the CrustaStun, I don't think the bolt gun can be much improved upon.

At least they don't have puppies and kitties in this thing:

523622551_ac48b4f8c2.jpg

At the end of the day man will rarely be as cruel to animals as animals are to each other, yes there are times when humans need to look at how we treat animals but did those dog's suffer more than being ripped apart by a dog pack.....it's what you get when all animals a free.

Ken

I was intrigued by this - especially remembering the "chilled monkey brains" in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (a film that was banned in India for its "racist portrayal of Indians and overt imperialistic tendencies"). Do the Chinese really eat live monkey brains?

Anyway I found the original article you found (with all the same pictures you've linked to), as well as the same site believing that this is just a legend, stemming from a menu from the Royal Palace a few hundred years ago... something that is probably very very rare in China today, if even practised. See the site here.

According to this, it's a legend that has gone on and on, and no one seems to have eaten it themselves in China. Ask a Chinese there and they may say they know a friend of a friend who witnessed it, or that it's eaten in a different region, but virtually no firsthand accounts. So, if it's done, it's probably very very rare.

Another disgustingly gruesome delicacy in China is monkey brains:

01_table.jpg

04_brains.jpg05_eat.jpg

Monkey stew (notice the eyes in the soup :yuk:)

06_soup.jpg

Edited by Chronus