When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

China and animals

Dani

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do sound like a hippe :lol:

A self-loathing one at that ;) I'm all for people having an opinion, but the self-loathers are the ones which irritate the most.

We shouldn't do this... We shouldn't do that... It's all well and good forthese hipsters to be able to have the education, and be able to afford to indulge their opinions, but that still doesn't give them the right to force those opinions on others... Don't like the 21st century and the way things are shaping up? Go live in a cave... (Them, not you, Dani)

Sum-a-beeyatch..................prepare to die........

starwars3ck2.jpg

Ken

Edit; Ok it may seem a bit below par to see two mods and a senior member thread crapping like this, however this thread has reached it's logical conclusion before the mud starts flying thick and fast.

Therefore whilst we play you can consider this thread over. KB

Vic you are what i call a pro human, you think humans are better then any other life form period.

I on the other hand can see the faults of humanity and i belive the best life forms are the ones that dont destroy a planet that gives you life..

Think of it mother earth gives us life the reason you can breath now is due to our planet and guess what we have/are destroying our earth and have erased an alarming amount of animals that we will never see again, cutting down forest that gives us air to breath and we call ourself superior beings? :p

Humans do suffer more due to our larger mind frame so i agree on that point.

I do sound like a hippe :lol:

when these animals are gone won't new ones come along,and aren't new ones being formed as we speak?

when these animals are gone won't new ones come along,and aren't new ones being formed as we speak?

That i dont now to be onest..

But i guess not as their is no place for animals to evolve only the sea their is stil some place and some small remote islands.

Cheers

Not quickly enough, unfortunately. Mutation and optimisation happens over tens of thousands of years (yes, the earth is millions of years old) so we'll not see nature adapting fast enough to our impact on the planet.

But don't worry, some divine power can always pop up and fix everything. That's the alternative.

ps. Ken, if I make some deeply amusing, but anti-religious comments, can we please get this thread closed?

Not quickly enough, unfortunately. Mutation and optimisation happens over tens of thousands of years (yes, the earth is millions of years old) so we'll not see nature adapting fast enough to our impact on the planet.

But don't worry, some divine power can always pop up and fix everything. That's the alternative.

ps. Ken, if I make some deeply amusing, but anti-religious comments, can we please get this thread closed?

Lets hit page 20 first.

savethewhaleyu7.jpg

Since I now know more than I ever wanted to know about cattle slaughter, I'll share. For the record, I'm neither Muslim nor Jewish, but I do think Kosher hot dogs taste better.

The main difference between Kosher/Halal and modern slaughter is stunning, i.e. a bolt (or electric shock) to the skull.

In the ideal "stunning" scenario, the first shot of a boltgun causes instant unconsciousness and perhaps brain death, the butchering takes place immediately afterwards with the animal feeling no pain. In a certain percentage, the animal shows signs of consciousness after the first shot and requires a second bolt. Recently, methods of stunning that reduce contamination of the blood with brain matter (electric stunning, blunt boltguns that do not penetrate the skull) have been used more, these tend to be less reliable and can increase the odds of the animal regaining consciousness.

In the ideal "modernized" Kosher or Halal scenario, the cow has it's throat cut while standing upright and lightly supported. Dr. Grandin observes that if the cut is made properly, the animal appears to feel no pain (no reaction to the cut) and collapses due to massive blood loss within 30 seconds.

So there are a few ways to look at it, sure it's barbaric to hoist a live animal and start hacking at its throat, but a clean cut can be quite humane. On the other hand, if an animal is shot in the head but does not die, that can be a lot more barbaric in term of suffering.

Since I now know more than I ever wanted to know about cattle slaughter, I'll share. For the record, I'm neither Muslim nor Jewish, but I do think Kosher hot dogs taste better.

The main difference between Kosher/Halal and modern slaughter is stunning, i.e. a bolt (or electric shock) to the skull.

In the ideal "stunning" scenario, the first shot of a boltgun causes instant unconsciousness and perhaps brain death, the butchering takes place immediately afterwards with the animal feeling no pain. In a certain percentage, the animal shows signs of consciousness after the first shot and requires a second bolt. Recently, methods of stunning that reduce contamination of the blood with brain matter (electric stunning, blunt boltguns that do not penetrate the skull) have been used more, these tend to be less reliable and can increase the odds of the animal regaining consciousness.

In the ideal "modernized" Kosher or Halal scenario, the cow has it's throat cut while standing upright and lightly supported. Dr. Grandin observes that if the cut is made properly, the animal appears to feel no pain (no reaction to the cut) and collapses due to massive blood loss within 30 seconds.

So there are a few ways to look at it, sure it's barbaric to hoist a live animal and start hacking at its throat, but a clean cut can be quite humane. On the other hand, if an animal is shot in the head but does not die, that can be a lot more barbaric in term of suffering.

Thake a look at correctly done halal or kosher its freaking cruel its so easy to see, and if you have seen the halal slaughter of US citizens in Iraq you understand have cruel it is as its more easy to see on a human have teribel it is then a animal..I have seen on the web people getting their throat slit and belive me they woud prefer a bullet or bolt to that..

I have seen in person regular bolt to the head slaughter and i have seen rifle shot to the head to a deer that was hit by a car..

Animals cant talk for that reason they depend on people to act when they see crulety done towards them..

Pleas search up halal slaughter and kosher look at some vids then tell me its ok..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W98MfTnBsqM

Cheers

I do think the same China people that make our reps under less then ideal situation is the people on this clip, not to easy to afford better food or evolve to anything better i presume then this savages.

You guys are missing the point totaly, its not that they eat dogs its the way they get KILLED.

backpedaling.gif

Nothing I see in that video comes close to what chickens go through.

(WARNING: if you are sensitive but love fried chicken, do not watch this video)

Thake a look at correctly done halal or kosher its freaking cruel its so easy to see, and if you have seen the halal slaughter of US citizens in Iraq you understand have cruel it is as its more easy to see on a human have teribel it is then a animal..I have seen on the web people getting their throat slit and belive me they woud prefer a bullet or bolt to that..

I have seen in person regular bolt to the head slaughter and i have seen rifle shot to the head to a deer that was hit by a car..

Animals cant talk for that reason they depend on people to act when they see crulety done towards them..

Pleas search up halal slaughter and kosher look at some vids then tell me its ok..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=W98MfTnBsqM

Cheers

animals have no concept of what is cruel and what is not.hence ,their animal behavior.you still seem to not be able to see how confused your atheistic view and what you say are towards each other.IF,and that is a big if,you do not believe in god,you must believe that human nature and animal nature is one in the same.no alternative.if you admit that there is a god,then your arguement will find purchase.then you can see the vast difference between man and animal.all men know how they ought to behave,some just repress this law.animals have no concept of this.

When an animal kills a human in self-defence, or due to its beastly nature (which is rare) some humans want pay-back. They then go and track down the animal and kill it. When a sting-ray killed Steve Irwin in either self-defence or due to being frightened, some people got enraged and began to hunt down and kill innocent sting-rays. So when an animal attacks humans, we justify ourselves to go out and kill them.

The animals we kill for food, they don't have the means to attack us, they can't defend themselves. They pretty much have no choice but to accept their fate, that their days are numbered and their throat will soon be slit. You can observe that humans will only kill those animals for food which can't defend themselves, in other words they prey on the weak and defenceless.

I would like to see how things turn around, if dinosaurs were brought back to the earth. We would now be lower in the food chain, they will be hunting and killing us for food. We will naturally try to defend ourselves to survive as a species, and because we want to live. We won't just accept that the dinosaurs outmatch us in brute strength and killing power, and so we're pretty much they're food.

I point out that we humans can survive just fine without killing any animals for food. We are actually wasting more land, water, and crops in rearing animals for food. These extra crops can be used to feed the poor and help lessen poverty, the water can also be used in this same way. However due to the selfishness of many humans, sadly many animals are being killed to satisfy their bellies, though fully knowing that its not a requirement.

I have joined this quite late and therefore haven't read alot of the posts. However, humans have killed animals for food since day one. Its the food chain. Cows eat grass, we eat the cow. The gazelle grazes, the lion hunts gazelle.

Of course the killing of animals may not be done in the most humane way, but it is no more barbaric than a lion tearing the throat of the gazelle. It is true that the human doesn't 'need' meat, however humans have always eaten meat. Just because we are in a better position to know the consequences of our actions for me doesn't justify an argument that says we should stop eating animals for food.

When an animal kills a human in self-defence, or due to its beastly nature (which is rare) some humans want pay-back. They then go and track down the animal and kill it. When a sting-ray killed Steve Irwin in either self-defence or due to being frightened, some people got enraged and began to hunt down and kill innocent sting-rays. So when an animal attacks humans, we justify ourselves to go out and kill them.

The animals we kill for food, they don't have the means to attack us, they can't defend themselves. They pretty much have no choice but to accept their fate, that their days are numbered and their throat will soon be slit. You can observe that humans will only kill those animals for food which can't defend themselves, in other words they prey on the weak and defenceless.

I would like to see how things turn around, if dinosaurs were brought back to the earth. We would now be lower in the food chain, they will be hunting and killing us for food. We will naturally try to defend ourselves to survive as a species, and because we want to live. We won't just accept that the dinosaurs outmatch us in brute strength and killing power, and so we're pretty much they're food.

I point out that we humans can survive just fine without killing any animals for food. We are actually wasting more land, water, and crops in rearing animals for food. These extra crops can be used to feed the poor and help lessen poverty, the water can also be used in this same way. However due to the selfishness of many humans, sadly many animals are being killed to satisfy their bellies, though fully knowing that its not a requirement.

Stingray deny any involvement in the Steve Irwin incident!

07stingray.jpg

helm.jpg

Marina has a strong alibi, she was tucked up in bed with Troy and vice versa!

Edited by Emmzy

I have joined this quite late and therefore haven't read alot of the posts. However, humans have killed animals for food since day one. Its the food chain. Cows eat grass, we eat the cow. The gazelle grazes, the lion hunts gazelle.

Of course the killing of animals may not be done in the most humane way, but it is no more barbaric than a lion tearing the throat of the gazelle. It is true that the human doesn't 'need' meat, however humans have always eaten meat. Just because we are in a better position to know the consequences of our actions for me doesn't justify an argument that says we should stop eating animals for food.

And if for whatever reason, one day we as humans are no longer at the top of the food chain, and are instead hunted down AS food by other animals, I take it that you will be OK to accept that?