When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fading from view...

POTR

Wow, it shows what a close community we are - even with the thousands of members we have, there is a circle of members that belong to a very special community - and such a situation is a sad but good example of how this community works.

We ALL belong to to that very special community, ALL OF US.

The MAJORITY have simply GOT to do MORE.

This community is well over ............... 10,000. !!!!!!!!

Repaustria, thank you very much for seeing this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Rob,

I tought i had , or have , a hard time with my health lately.

But being in a situation that you run out of money for your health care bills and personal life is an extra load which is hard to bear.

Keep strong and have faith in the future.

Hope you recover soon.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Hang in there Rob.

Better days are on the way.

And this place is amazing, every time I log on I see more and more POTR auctions, I'm so glad to be a part of this forum.

U are a strong man, I can't see how I could manage to go through such difficult years. We need action. I will donate in the auction my handpicked brand new Breitling Heritage, bres056 from www.silix-prime.com. All my thoughts go out to u. Stay strong.

U are a strong man, I can't see how I could manage to go through such difficult years. We need action. I will donate in the auction my handpicked brand new Breitling Heritage, bres056 from www.silix-prime.com. All my thoughts go out to u. Stay strong.

Nice move silix!

Please post your super watch here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showforum=189

Wonderful gesture from a great collector! :D

I've just contributed in my little way for Rob's cause too...

Dear Rob,

Though I've never spoken with or dealt with you online before, I just felt that as part of such a great community, I had to help in what way I could too. My thoughts & prayers are with you, mate!!!

This is why Jay will always have my support.

Not to say other (Chinese) collectors didn't do anything for POTR, for all I know they did privately, but Silix actually reads this forum. And he cares.

BRAVO JAY! :)

Very sorry to hear you have fallen on hard times K.

Health wise I will get by, as long as take the red pill in the morning and the blue pill at night.

No wait...........I mean the blue pill in the morn........umm...........erk

Ken

Of course I know he was talking to POTR but allow me this little jk

No they all read this forum, however Jay is willing to become involved. :)

Ken

Applause for Jay and Eurotimez, our apprentice dealer for getting involved, maybe other collectors will join also for stage 2?

Would begreat to see all collecters putting up 1 or 2 watches for THE FINAL POTR AUCTION....:)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

He's been here off & on lately...

And I do believe what happened here over Easter weekend put him over the hump...

Had a chance to meet up with him and some others last month while in Seattle...

Was pretty cool...

Double T

He's been here off & on lately...

And I do believe what happened here over Easter weekend put him over the hump...

Had a chance to meet up with him and some others last month while in Seattle...

Was pretty cool...

Double T

Now that IS kewl, Double T! ^_^

POTR,

I just signed up here, but I too have suffered the agony of the 6 year long "ice pick in the guts" syndrome. My colon also exploded on last October 1st. Damn near killed me with a fever of 109 and a nasty infection. It was bad enough that they left the surgical cut open for it to drain, and I was lucky enough to be hooked up to a wound vac. I've had this colostomy bag hanging off of me for 9 months now, and I'm actually pretty lucky. See, I'm in Albuquerque. Just moved down here about 2 years ago from Portland. I miss the green.

Anyways, when I was recouping in the hospital, a nurse gave me a hint. She said that UNM (University of New Mexico) hospital has a financial assistance program. I've been on it ever since I got out of the hospital. The staff at UNM have been the best. I don't know if it's been suggested, but perhaps if you've got a university up there with a hospital you might look into financial assistance with them. When I had my interview, the lady was used to seeing nothing but illegal immigrants from Mexico, and here I am a well dressed white man and his pretty red headed wife, looking for help, right? So she looks at me with complete doubt in her eyes and asks me why I need their help. I sigh, drop my sling bag in the chair, unsnap my shirt and pull it up and back, showing her a 2 ft scar and a bag half full. I deliberately used the clear ones from Hollister. Her eyes flew wide, she gasped then put her head down and signed all my forms, no questions asked. Gave me full coverage.

So I feel your pain. I'm heading into my last 12 days with the bag. I won't miss it. But truth be told I'm really scared shitless. I haven't told the wife, she needs me to be brave on this one. The DR's at the Uni hospital have been so great with me, even started "treating my pain", if you can believe it. I know what it is to loose practically EVERYTHING. Successful computer repair practice, down the tubes, all my money, my gear, everything.... gone. My pride and joy was a Sinn 103 that my old partner had given me upon leaving the job. I wound up selling it and I cried the whole way home when I sold it to some jerkoff pilot who didn't really seem too excited to be having it.

So I was here looking for a nice booster for my morale just before I go under the knife for a tricky surgery, thinking a nice 45 PO lite would be great to wake up to, and I come upon you. Never feel like you're alone. The way your friends on this forum have come together for you, my friends over xbox live came through for me. I hope that by now you're doing better, and I hope to see some reply to that effect once I get home from the hospital myself.

There is a small group of men and women in this world, and we are some of the bravest of all, enduring the stares and whispers, and even store rent-a-cops grabbing us and demanding to see what's under the shirt. I hope you endure well. for myself, I remind myself that the only easy day was yesterday, and that the suck, well the suck IS the suck, and welcome to it, how I get out on the other side is entirely up to me.

Good luck, Check 6.

Bishop

Edited by Jason Bishop

Yes, Welcome Bishop, and welcome the family...

I am glad for you that you won't be waiting as long as I had to for your 'take down' surgery... by the time I had mine, believe it or not, I was remembering the days when I could actually wear the 'appliance' fondly... it definitely was not a pleasant experience to have to tape a diaper to that raw basket ball growing out of the bottom of my gut... but, now things are better, most of the accumulated, misplaced fat is finally going away, and I haven't had any new issues with my colon... still way out of shape, and a nice big rip in the middle of my gut that needs repair, but, I have a decent paying job now, and it happens to be with a company that is specifically geared to employing people with disabilities, even though the job isn't easy, it is a good one.

Everyone here did help me get through a tremendous crisis when I was hurt, and I will be forever grateful for that... things are still rough, but at least I am working again, this time for a company that actually seems to be concerned for me. We are not out of the woods yet... still have some stormy skies, but a bit better equipped to handle them now.

Thanks again everyone for your concern and support.

And, did I tell you guys I love you today?