When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWG Membership Rings

KB

To be honest my friend, i wasn't sure what this topic was and i didn't check it for a few days. Had you said, Official RWG logo'd Ring, own a part of history, sign up sheet- i would have clicked right away

- also, regarding, changes - at some point you just have to close thet idea list and just say what it is. I think its great, no matter what.

I suggest starting a sign up thread with the current draft of the ring

also, some of us could put a link to the thread in the signature and that would bring out some folks as well

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great idea's Pho, I think it's fair to say we all like Teejays design.

But before I can put up the sign on thread we need to agree on the stone and the colour of the lettering.

Ken

Very good Teejay and I should add that the person who's design is used will get their ring at cost (ie; $25), however I just got out of bed and came to check this thread to find there has not been one more interested party for this ring.....I don't think we are going to make it.

A pity really we have just had such an exceptional outpouring from the members to raise money for one of our Brothers in need, but come up with an idea to raise funds for the board no matter how cheap and we're on our own.

Ken

I'm always happy to help with design work like this, I consider it my version of pro bono work. As Phoband suggested, possibly changing the thread title, to something like RWG Membership Rings, might catch people's attention. I'm sure that once a design is finalized, people would be interested, especially those who attend the GTGs. Even if this ring wasn't to be a 'daily wearer', I'm sure folks would like one for GTGs, afterall, what better way of identifying other members, as trying to scope out someone's watch might not get the best reception :lol:

Great idea's Pho, I think it's fair to say we all like Teejays design.

But before I can put up the sign on thread we need to agree on the stone and the colour of the lettering.

Ken

From an artistic point of view, I'd say that matching the colors of the stone and lettering, would create a more uniform look, than having lettering in X color, and the stone in Y color. For the record, I'd say black (or if haemetite :lol: ) very dark grey, simply because the more neutral the colors, the more easily the ring would go with various garments, which hopefully, would attract more takers :)

Ok first up the ring has to be based on the one with the black onyx otherwise there is the very expensive process of setting up a new mold.

As to the user names that will be totally up to the buyer, some may choose not to engrave their rings and only have the RWG logo.

Please understand the engraving is not included with this ring that will be up to the buyer, I just thought it would be a nice touch for everyone to add their usernames.

Of course when it comes time to order everyone will need to submit their ring size and both the colour and the style of the RWG logo is open to discussion and will be decided on a majority wins basis.

Ken Put me down for one. Like the backward rwg, bubu

With more and more gtg's happening at places around the world wouldn't it be nice if we all had a way to pick a fellow member from a crowded bar?

Something that makes a bold statement that I am a proud member of RWG, yet is as anonymous enough that outsiders will never know.

Wouldn't it also be nice that by procuring this item you would also be helping the ongoing survival of the board you love?

Enter the RWG decoder ring. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

After a relentless search for a manufacturer who could not only make this ring for us but do so at a very affordable price I have finally found one who can deliver a solid .925 Sterling Sliver inlaid with black onyx and enamel of our choice of colour all for approximately $50USD.

Ok I tell a lie here the ring could be delivered for $30 however I have decided that every ring shall carry a $20 keep RWG strong levee.

The base for the ring will be this one......

image001ix0.jpg

And an example of the enamel inlays are these....

image002xb4.jpg

image004py6.jpg

image006xy6.jpg

Now you will notice that my user name has been added under the onyx bar in the same colour as the RWG, this will not be the case in the finished product, what you will get is the ring with the RWG in the colour we decide and a space under the bar for each member to engrave his own username.

So there you have it I'll throw this open to discussion now but there are three points I need to make (1) If you like the idea we can't drag our heels to much on this as I currently have an open line to the owner of the company, this wont be the case if he feels I'm wasting his time (2) I have agreed on terms to a first order of 50pcs, so if we can't get 50 buyers we are sunk and (3) All 50pcs will be sent to one central address to be posted out individually as this company will not send single purchases.

Ken

Edit; The following is a list of those who have shown interest, no commitment yet...

1) kenberg

2) FxrAndy

3) LordRasta

4) LordRasta

5) chronology1066

6) Teejay

7) rek001

8) jkerouac

9) phaedo

10) dvn

11) specialvat

12) phoband

13) jfreeman420

14) kokedose

15) kokedose.......maybe

16) carlsbadrolex

17) carlsbadrolex

18) Omni

19) Delboy

20) bubu

ok there are a couple who have posted that are not onthe list as they didn't give any indication on wether they wanted in or not but as you can see we still have a way to go before we even hit the halfway mark.

If you are interested please post so, there is no commitment at this stage I just want to see if this will fly.

Ken

Ken, maybe move the thread to general discussion too, to get more people viewing it. OT usually doesn't seem to get as many looks as GD. Just a thought to get more people looking tthe tread and signing up for rings :)

and for the record, the folks who are talking the black grey i think are on the mark -

although i'd prefer like blue - but, the more neutral in color the more broad based appeal. And i think we all realize we have to compromise for the greater good.

This will be something special, i'll have to get a ring stand to display next to the watch stands :)

Thanks for looking into this ken, I think that its a great idea - i have always wanted a 2nd round at an RWG watch. I actually like some of the dark side watches, but i've never been in a good place $$ to buy one. - this is so cheap, you can't say no. If your a Lifer that is :)

Ok she's in GD (for as long as my fellow mods leave it there. :)) I must admit that it is a strange concept for me when people don't just hit 'View new Posts' and see everything since they were here last.

Ken

I usually don't wear rings nor any kind of jewel (except reps :)), but I will participate if that can help reaching the minimum of order.

Ken, please count me in.

I like TJ's logo a lot and am for something sober (silver & black just looks perfect).

I have no idea what my size is, how do we find that ? And also how big is the ring ? Err... Can we have a... fingershot ?? :bounce: