When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Rolex models from the Basel 2008 Show

piratedzeus

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, new gens from Basel.

Funny that the new SD is so wokky. :D

Here's the new Sub. This new model comes in full gold only (for now). I'm sure we'll see the SS version updated with these specs too. Wow, those are some bulky cg's.

DSC06000.jpg

What the hell is wrong with Rolex?!??? :yuk:

Is it just me? That looks like an ioffer hit parade of implausible reps.

Ring lock system sounds like a gay sadomasochistic device. :animal_rooster:

I don't know what to say about the last watches with the numbers falling all over the dial - a belated tie-in with the Matrix movie? :huh:

I think the new SD is nothing spectacular, but not horrible either. I prefer the old one as well, but is this really so bad?

The new Sub is pretty much the same as the old one... only maxidial and new bulky cg's. I bet the rep factories can never make them big enough now. :D

Yuo know when they rep these they will have the most perfect small CG we have been bleating about for years, at least before we could make them smaller, but if they make them too small then we are in a mess, BTW is the new SD a bigger case?

I do think they are going to be amazing and that we will want them all to be repped soon... I have been told that the mouvement should be improved.

I am happy because I have a gen LV and I think that within ten years it will cost as much as a double red sub today. If you see one in a shop buy it imediately!

I like the dial on the SD, nice update. The "Ring Lock System" and the "Original Gas Esacpe Valve" should have remained on the caseback!!! Oh, and is that a ceramic bezel insert I see, or is it just the photo playing with my eyesight? Overall, Rollies are getting a little more rediculous looking every year now. It just seems like those folks just don't know which direction to go in nowadays.

Edit; I guess that Platinum Day-Date does look pretty nice with gray dial, the look of understated luxury.

Edited by southcoast68

It's just the pic or they still have the same date font problem, with the 28 misaligned?

Imho SD is not so terrible, and I like the maxi dial.

I don't think I will be able to wear such a huge watch BTW.

What I dislike is that Rolex is getting more and more "fashion" every year.. losing elegance.