When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What are you playing right now?

By-Tor

Besides my all time favorite program MAME, I've been playing lots of sports games lately. Actually I have always been a hardcore hockey & soccer games fan.

The best hockey game for PC is NHL 2004.

I have all versions from NHL '94 to 2008 and NHL 2004 is the best and most realistic of them all. There are some real hardcore tweaks and addons available for this game and it's terribly addictive. I've been playing it for years, and I always have a season going (playing 3-4 games every week). Amazingly realistic hockey game... but ONLY if you apply the tweaks that the hockey gaming community created for it.

Best soccer games are Pro Evolution Soccer 5 and 6.

I got the new one, PES 2008 but it's way too easy and the engine is a step backwards. Personally, I prefer PES5 because it's the most realistic and most difficult. It's really possible to play defensive, tactical game on that version. Took me a year to master it completely and it's one of the few games where CPU opponent is still tough to beat. I have the classic "retro" teams installed on this one. I don't like the FIFA series at all.

Played the new driving game, Flatout 2 too... it's really nice. I've always played lots of driving games. Test Drive: The Hot Pursuit and Sega Rally 2 (arcade perfect PC version) are among my favorites.

What are you guys playing? Any other NHL / PES fans here?

I've been playing Need For Speed:Carbon quite a lot lately.

In terms of game itself, it's shockingly easy to complete... However, the cusomization feature allows for driving of 'favorite cars' in the 'Quick Race' or 'Free Roam' options. Mostly, I tend to drive this:

17-06-07_1611.jpg

Oneday, I'd like to own the real thing ^_^

Nissan%20Skyline%202Fast%202Furious.jpg

The best hockey game for PC is NHL 2004.

I have all versions from NHL '94 to 2008 and NHL 2004 is the best and most realistic of them all. There are some real hardcore tweaks and addons available for this game and it's terribly addictive. I've been playing it for years, and I always have a season going (playing 3-4 games every week). Amazingly realistic hockey game... but ONLY if you apply the tweaks that the hockey gaming community created for it.

Dare to explain ? I'm a huge Hockey fan, but since NHL 93, I just can't loose a game. I try every new edition. Every year it's a bit harder to get used to, but I finish the season with 82-0-0 anyway.

I still have the 2004 around.

For me: Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and Assassins Creed are installed on my computer.. But Don't have much time to play.

Edited by vric

• 11 months later...

Nobody's mentioned this?!

Rock Band 2 baby!

Just a little more practice, and I will audition for Metallica's new drummer.

Also this is the only game I can get my wife to play. She sings; I practice my rock stance and drum face. Still working on getting her to let me wear leather pants.

Haven't played many games lately but I used to be heavily into the Descent I, Descent II and Descent III series. It was an excellent first person shooter, 360 deg 3dof game. It also had a large multiplayer online following.

@By-tor. I used to love MAME too. Is that the one that covered all the old Atari machine game? Maybye I'll get back into it.

Lately, I don't get much past playing Battle Tanks with my kids. :)

w