When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explosion pendant une mission de plong

JoJo35

Jojo,

So far I was jealous of your vintage...but now it reached the maximum tolerance level :shock:

What a wonderfull piece again :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have no idea where you find your parts and the ideas for new projects but you are probably the number one vintage Rolex collector among our community!

I'm very happy you finalised one more (only 10 or 11 to go now :lol: ).

Cheers and thanks for sharing...allthough I wouldn't mind having even more details about this one.

Stephane

ZZ- Your abilities and talents never cease to amaze me!

Actually that is best directed at JoJo not me.

All I did was assemble the parts, he's the real expert at not only documenting and researching each and every watch he has assembled, but more than that, JoJo is able to find the correct parts for these projects. That's where the real expertise comes in, all I do is put the parts together at the end of it all.

So the reality is that he's Holmes and I am Watson :)

RG

I agree; it's not always easy finding these parts, and tracking down such quality examples as JoJo has for his projects is a difficult feat. I dunno how he does it, because a lot of his parts look to be NOS condition! Seldom seen for sale and when they do come available, it's always with an atmospheric price tag that pushes such items beyond the means of many.

However, there is also a great amount of effort, and attention to detail required by the hands assembling as well.

As someone who has been on both sides of that fence, I can appreciate what goes into a timepiece like this!

Fantastic to say the least...

Wow, when you snooze, you truly do lose!!!!!!! :wub:

I have been a bit preoccupied of late & somehow completely missed this 1. Well done, JoJo & Ziggy (I assume the lume has received The Master's Touch) :good:

As it happens, I am working on something similar, but you beat me to it.

1 question - What model number is engraved between the lugs?

Wow, when you snooze, you truly do lose!!!!!!! :wub:

I have been a bit preoccupied of late & somehow completely missed this 1. Well done, JoJo & The Zigmeister (I assume the lume has received The Master's Touch) :good:

As it happens, I am working on something similar, but you beat me to it.

1 question - What model number is engraved between the lugs?

Thanks freddy! The case is indeed a 5513 with factory spec HEV ;)

Thanks freddy! The case is indeed a 5513 with factory spec HEV ;)

I wonder if your case's serial number matches these

5514mbws0021.jpg

5514mbws0031.jpg

5514mbws0051.jpg

(Gen parts have not been fitted to either case in these pics)

Excepting the bezels (slightly different beveling) & casebacks (the 1 at right has a modified version of the same caseback you have), both cases, I believe, are MBW 5514s, as they are constructed like gens (dimensionally similar & accept gen parts). The 1 on the right is new, the 1 on the left is several years old & was the subject of an Hev tutorial awhile ago.

Had I not gotten side-tracked with a certain pair of GMT projects, I would have finished 1 of these last month. I just have to track down a 1520 & put her together.