When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watches You Want Replicated-2009

houndoggie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only 2 watches:

- Blancpain fifthy fathoms (I'm sure that they won't buy a 8K euro's watch only for our dreams...)

- IWC Regulateur

In this last I've all my hopes. It's a SO EASY watch to replicate. Even without the gen, only with pics, I'll be happy. They only have to get the FA Jones movement and move the hours to 12. The case of the regulateur is the same of the FA JONES. Only make the crown and the dial (a SO SIMPLE DIAL). And they have a SO CHEAP rep (manual movements are so cheap)

21905.jpg

2rcoe9s.jpg

Edited by pirvan

In 2008, I wished for an accurate 1:1 Patek Philippe watch... with the new MBK Aquanaut, I'm happy to say that my wish came true. Thanks, MBK & Narikaa.

For 2009, I would buy any of the beauties below in a heartbeat...

50fathom.jpg

21562.jpg

rolex%20-%20daytone2.jpg*

*With reliable seconds-at-six movement, please.

So, rep makers, if you're reading this: please take my suggestions into consideration - I think you could really profit from doing so.

My number one wish watch is the Omega Seamaster 300 166.0324

eMuseumPlus.jpg

from Omega website

or this variant

DSCF0146.jpg

unknown source- if you took this photo- NICE JOB!

I've read here that a lot of these that come up for sale are indeed reps, but not from china. I think there would be a high demand for this watch.

+1 :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Absolutely. Count me in for one of both!!!

I'll second JohnG's Omega Aqua Terra, and I'm not even a big Omega fan!

I'd also like to see a 2008 Rolex day-date (41mm), a high quality JLC Master Compressor Memovox rep and (although I know I'm not going to get it) a decent Lange1...

I'm lucky enough to own the gen, but I'm pulling for my brothers here to finally see a good rep of this. No reason not to. Seagull 2892 clone with PR module and presto...

UN2r.jpg

If not that right away, I'll bet you see this first. This one gets done with the A7750 layout and since the makers are obsessed with that movement of late I would expect you see this before the MMD. Which dial or dials they would do and whether it will be only on the rubber strap or also the bracelet is a big question mark...

0084_3.jpg

or any of these other variants...

8003-102-3-92redn.jpg

8003-102-3-91bl.jpg

8003-102-3-92.jpg

8003-102-7-92.jpg

8003-102-7-92new.jpg

Vintage Blancpain Fifty Fathoms

Can someone translate this into Chinese for me? :p

blancpain 葡萄酒五十英寻

But on another note, both of those UNs suggested are not only beautiful but totally doable. I have a feeling we're going to be seeing one of those, at least that's what I've been hearing anyway...

• 1 month later...

what type of strap is on the blancpain? anyone got a link t something very similar?

i want to see makers focus more on the more prestige watch makers. the richard lange was replicated pretty well imo aesthetic wise. too bad it came with a crappy movement and materials that made the watch weigh like a feather.

Edited by pezzy