When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

End Of 2008 Wrist Check

dluddy

Looking good there doc.

Not sure what i will be wearing NYE proberbly this

DSC01173.jpg

but maybe i will change the watch just for a break, this has been on for the past 10 weeks now! (in different designs, firsts sand blasted all over then with a polished bezel, then a brushed case then i changed the dial, finaly happy with it as a daily watch) I gave one similar to my grandfather for Christmas, he was so happy that he can tell the time again and actualy see the numbers. I think the one he was wearing was 34mm gold plate hand wind Rotary or something like that last time i saw him (we live in different countrys) he was so happy my brother had left about 10 min before he got on the phone and called him back to see it.

Monday is my 1655 Explorer II with it's new Gen Crown/Tube:

A true beauty D.

Viva the crown and tube :D

I've been wearing this GMT since yesterday.

Keep posting your wonderfull photos By-Tor. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The watch might be on top of my list soon :shock:

@Cats and B16...nice to see you guys :yeah:

Today, it's 3717 but I guess it won't last untill next year :lol:

I wouldn't mind to wear the PO too :whistling:

Iwc3717PuggedARed_800_13B.jpg

omega_po45ultim_800_31.jpg

Kind regards to all,

Stephane

40mm Milgauss:

Mil%20N%202.jpg

I do think this is an under represented watch. I like it. Very nice piece. I saw Angus has one in his "New' listings section with no price. I wonder what the differences are with the one you have:

ROLEX-2008-12-05-09-01.JPG

Starting the week with my newest acquisition: This one is the Asian version of the Deep Sea

rolexdeepsea7iz3.jpg

How do you like your Asian Deepsea? I think this is one of the better values out there. For $128...you get the blue lume, big case...and a disposable movement that is easy to replace and readily available anywhere!! It would take a lot of movement replacements to add up the extra $200+ that the Swiss ETA costs...and even more when you consider the maintenance costs of servicing the ETA vs. just doing a movement swap on the Asian!

Wednesday: Early Daytona

pndaytonaonwristdb0.jpg

Which version is this one? I'm no Daytona expert...is it the manual wind or fixed 7750??

TT...The Deepsea is definitely great value. I also find these cheap movements as reliable as the "ETA's". I have about 20 of them and have never had a problem over the last 4 years. And replacements are readily available.

The Daytona is a 7750. Bought is several years ago and despite it's flaw (pusher not asymetrical) it's one of my favorite vintages.