When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wedding Album

TeeJay

It's taken me a while to get this all organized, but, I'd finally like to share with everyone, a selected album from the events over my wedding. Without the contributions from this forum, this wedding would not have gone down as smoothly as it did, and, possibly, not even occurred at all, so it's the least I can do to share some candid shots with everyone :)

The wedding took place in Wales:

1.jpg

in the village of Portmeirion:

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

When these photos were taken, it was like being in a snow globe :)

After a quick tour round the Village, we had an evening meal with all the guests on the day :)

19.jpg

18.jpg

The following day, the day of the wedding, the weather was like this:

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

The ceremony took place in The Mirror Room:

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

55.jpg

Signing the register... Tee...

48.jpg

Me with me Best Men, Emily with her bridesmaids:

64.jpg

Group shot:

65.jpg

Outside the hotel Portmeirion:

73.jpg

75.jpg

Entourage:

82.jpg

85.jpg

100.jpg

Down by the stone boat, the name of which, translates to 'Friends Reunited'. Apt, as my bro flew all the way from Tokyo to attend :)

87.jpg

This is as close as it got to wrist shots:

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

Then it was time for the evening meal...

Three wise monkeys...

114.jpg

and afterwards, three amigos...

115.jpg

The following morning, we went about the Village getting photos of Emily's hat. This was her wedding present. A woolly hat... Yes, a woolly hat. A woolly hat made specifically for her, by the lovely Diva Zappa...

118.jpg

Walking on water? That's not hard.... As long as it's frozen ;)

121.jpg

Taking an awesome photo...

122.jpg

123.jpg

137.jpg

And tha's it from Wales...

139.jpg

But I'm not done yet, there was still the reception to come :lol:

140.jpg

141.jpg

Nicola should have been attending the wedding as a bridesmaid, but was unable to get the time off work...

142.jpg

The witch's Coven :D

143.jpg

Cheers :good:

144.jpg

Cutting the cake:

153.jpg

Going through cards:

157.jpg

And that was that...

Once again, I'd like to give a huge thanks to everyone who's contributions, be it financial, advice, or otherwise, made things go as smoothly as they did :good:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a beautiful setting for a wedding, one of the nicest I've seen, my wife and I were married in what was basically a tin shed on a sweltering hot day in Fiji, would have swapped with you in an eye blink. :D

Ken

Thanks so much TJ !!! For sharing part of you and E. with us... it has made my day a lot brighter !!

Your Village Wedding was Awesome to say the least..

don't know what else to say except .. I wish you many years of Joy and Happiness.. FOREVER !!

Aloha

L

I hope the Red Dragon Prospers

1.jpg

Thanks for the good wishes, guys, but it's honestly no problem, after all, we're all bros here. As Lani says, One heart ~ One community. Given all the help and advice folks have given me, sharing the wedding photos is the least I can do :good::drunk:

Corgi, the Village was actually the project build of an eccentric :) Quite a place, and well worth a visit if you're ever able :)

You guys look great - and that victorian parlor for the event is just amazing! And the suit discussions payed off as well it seems. Nice half spread collar and half windsor - worked great. And the black/red theme is always a winner. Everything goes with black. As I said, you both look like a million bucks!

Beyond that, a couple more observations: First, we finally get to see the "hairstyle". Second, we have the same birthday of course so I knew we would share some traits but your nose looks the exact same as mine in some of these pics. I will say that I have more hair than you though, but I'm guessing that isn't much of a race. lol.

Again, congrats. Looks like mine is sneaking up fast as well, although there are some illnesses in the family so we are playing it by ear on the date until a few items are sorted.

My word but you are a handsome devil!! Yet in saying that I'm blind so what do I know!! :p:D

Glad the whole thing went so well bud!! I'll join Lani in wishing you the Red Dragon!

N6

Thanks bro, and thanks again for the awesome wedding gift :) I had hoped that more photos while signing the register would have captured the watch better, but alas, those were the closest thing to wrist shots :D The Red Dragon will be getting tattooed once I can scrape the cash together... Either that, or I try and convince the bank that a self-designed body-suit does constitute a business expense as 'advertising' ;)

Amazing..simply amazing! :D

What a fantastic day you and Emily must have had :) Love the photos, love the choice of attires, and that location... that really is something.

Both you and E look great :) Wish you both a happy life together :)

Indeed, it was awesome, bro :) Thanks for the good wishes :good:

You guys look great - and that victorian parlor for the event is just amazing! And the suit discussions payed off as well it seems. Nice half spread collar and half windsor - worked great. And the black/red theme is always a winner. Everything goes with black. As I said, you both look like a million bucks!

Beyond that, a couple more observations: First, we finally get to see the "hairstyle". Second, we have the same birthday of course so I knew we would share some traits but your nose looks the exact same as mine in some of these pics. I will say that I have more hair than you though, but I'm guessing that isn't much of a race. lol.

Again, congrats. Looks like mine is sneaking up fast as well, although there are some illnesses in the family so we are playing it by ear on the date until a few items are sorted.

Thanks, bro, the suit discussions were really helpful :) Indeed, not much of a "hairstyle", but, certainly one which requires maintenance... I mean, if I had alopecia, or was just really old, then yes, that's being bald... All the time I have to work on it, it's still a "hairstyle"... At least... That's what I keep telling myself :lol:/ :cry: By choice, my hair would be something like this:

631.jpg

Never mind though, there's more to life than hair :lol:

I knew Emily was going to have a red dress (although I didn't see it before hand), and I knew I wanted to wear a red tie Agent 47-style, but I was really pleased with how everything coordinated on the day :)

If health might be an issue for yours, might splitting it over a few days as we did give more flexibility? My parents are still going to be holding another 'reception' at the end of March, for all the relatives who couldn't make it to the reception, maybe something like that might be helpful in your situation?

Thanks for sharing your special day with us, It looks a lovely place for a wedding. Was the prisoner filmed there or am I confused ?

No problem, and indeed, the location really helped make it memorable :) You're absolutely right, that was where the Prisoner was filmed :) In the show, the hotel Portmeirion (where the ceremony took place) was the old folks home :)

Poor wrist shots!

:p

Nice one TeeJay, hope it was a memorable day for you and wish you all the best for the future with your wife! :)

I know, they're pretty shameful, I just didn't really have time to take any myself (would've looked a bit funny trying to get the right angle while trying to sign the register :lol: ) but I guess that's just one of those things :) It was indeed a very memorable day, thanks for the good wishes :)

thanks for sharing teejay it looks like you and wife had a fantastic day...

No problem, and thanks, it certainly was a great day :)

I forgot to say, rather than the traditional 'wedding march', we used the End Theme from David Lynch's Dune :)

What a great setting for a great day. Big congrats.

Thanks :good: Indeed, location, location, location :lol: We'd always wanted to get married there, having stayed a few times for vacations :) I'd strongly suggest anyone visit if they get the chance :)

Congratulations T - fantastic photos, and the best of luck and much happiness to the both of you. :)

Many thanks, my friend, it's much appreciated :) I'm not sure what it says when I write a better review of a cell phone than my own wedding, but I'm glad folks're liking the photos :)

I would like to echo the best wishes and congrats sent out by those who posted before me. Absolutely amazing and beautiful location for the day.

Thanks indeed :):good: