When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thoughts about white dial watches

By-Tor

Some white dials are just classic...

Some are elegant...

IMG_3735.jpg

HOLY CROW ... sterile dial .. flying tourby ... it LOOKS like it should say Breguet on there. What is this please? I neeeeed it.

And by the way. Why hasn't anyone mentioned this beauty yet? :pardon:

DSC_6181.jpg

wow look at all those pictures of the ebel discovery. that thing is looking nice. how is the bracelet on that, can anyone comment on that? is it pretty solid, and well built?

I would prefer you guys just tell me that it is a bad rep, and I will never have to start "wandering". it's a bad rep right, guys? ;)

wow look at all those pictures of the ebel discovery. that thing is looking nice. how is the bracelet on that, can anyone comment on that? is it pretty solid, and well built?

I would prefer you guys just tell me that it is a bad rep, and I will never have to start "wandering". it's a bad rep right, guys? ;)

Ebel Discovery 1911 rep is considered by some as the finest rep currently made.

Ebel Discovery 1911 rep is considered by some as the finest rep currently made.

lalalaalalaal, I can't hear you! haha. I knew that was coming too. I guess I might have to look at my collection and see if I need to sell something then, the contrast on those subdials gets better every time!

Hey Woody, did you read my article of the Discovery?

Link.

Pretty much explains the rep.

I do see the link, I am just afraid to click it, and then having to read through it. I know that with high probability that once I get done with the article, I would go, "how can I secure funds to get the watch?" haha, so that's what I'm afraid of. with that being said, I'm sure I will read it by some time tomorrow! :lol:

• 2 years later...

I like white dial watches, but only when they are in black. :D

Ok was kidding. I have only 1 white dial watch, and its a silvery white color. I think white dial watches look good as dress watches. I tend to favor black dial watches with chrono function. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I used to not like white dialed watches...then i picked up the Breitling SA white dial just to see how it look and feel. I actually liked it. I picked up my second white dial - Breitling Legende with probably the only non-sunken dial rep. This coming holiday, I am looking to get my third white dial....likely a Breitling too.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are a few White dials. Alas, the two Genuine Chronoswiss are no longer around, I would love to have the Tora Chrono back, it was a great watch and really handy, with the settable 24 hour dial (2nd time zone) Not exactlu All White, but it's pretty close! The second one the Chronoswiss Regulator, I never really warmed to and it didn't hang around too long. The third is a 14k Gold IWC Calatrava, Dial looks gold in this photo, but it really is white. A great dress watch, really looks good with a dark suit, Tux, etc. One of those watches that every man should have, just for dress wear. The Rolex 6542 is my latest project watch, It's now getting the movement overhauled, hopefully will be home soon.

post-327-0-72256500-1352852217_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-28724000-1352852238_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-88771800-1352852371_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-89632500-1352852494_thumb.jpg

HOLY CROW ... sterile dial .. flying tourby ... it LOOKS like it should say Breguet on there. What is this please? I neeeeed it.

And by the way. Why hasn't anyone mentioned this beauty yet? pardon.gif

DSC_6181.jpg

I was admiring the elegance of the Glashutte you have. How's it running these days? And is it really 43mm as it states on Andrew's site?

I have so many divers my next should be something more dressy and the Glashutte fits the bill.

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Okay... the new Noob Explorer II got me thinking to get another white dial. Sold my franken ExpII a long time ago as it was simply too small to wear. But this 42mm... hmmm...

Please talk me out of purchasing another COMPLETELY USELESS rep. Tell me it's crap and inaccurate to boot. :D Haven't bought one in YEARS.