When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Movement: Compact Subdial Spaced 7750?

Mickey Padge

Id love to see some pictures of this on Kings site, their pictures show the wathes much better. I want to see this double AR claim. It looks like its the same case as the old one, and has design characteristics of the UPO.....so surely the UPO should come with Double AR pretty soon too if they are indeed from the same factory!?

I'm going to hold out for the Speedy on this one, no date to be sunken, and what a classic!

No need to watch King's site, just watch this site. Lani always seems to get every cool watch immediately after it's released and his pictures blow away any of the dealers!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw this on Andrew's site for his new PO Chrono:

f8f94fb2ff6a886d80c8d699b0b4b8d8.image.750x498.jpg

It says:

Made with a Genuine Watch as sample

Now with Closer Subdial Spacing

Modified Asian Valjoux 7750 (28,800 bph)

**Working Regulator & Modified with Closer Subdials

This could be interesting. Somebody get one of these to The Zigmeister, Francisco or one of the other movement masters for analysis!!!

Hehe, you are a day late :p:lol:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/Planet-Ocean-chr...aph-t94045.html

But yes, we could see a whole new range of watches with this, not to mention a possible reliable modern pre-2000 Daytona! :o

Tell me about it. ;)

I've been on course the last couple days so not on the forum. I saw Andrew's site and jumped on the post. I thought I was being clever. HAH!!

This is hopefully good news. Hopefully this isn't a metal on metal reliability disaster waiting to happen.

10,000 pieces sold for the PO chrono...or was that for all watches in that configuration? Wow!!

I merged all three different threads of this same topic together.

Thanks BT!!

Out of all the modified movements, I think this one could have the biggest impact on our hobby....

The secs@6 was mainly for Daytona's, the secs@12 was only for AP's, the secs@3 has had the most coverage so far I think across a range of watches......

Surely this modification offers the broadest scope and the largest range of different watches, so you have to hope they did a good job with the modification, it is not in their interests to create more paperweights after all :lol:

Cheers! B)

OOOOOHHHH MENNNN !!!!

My wish list grows again, just when I think I was almost done. :shock:

Speedmaster Moon (without the automatic module and close case back)

PO Chrono 42

Monza and Monaco (if the spacing is right, I don't care about the secs at 9 instead of at 3)

A moon watch with this movement would obviously need a solid case back, but maybe another good candidate.

A propper moonie should in fact have a solid case back! Finaly, a decent moonie. Yippie!

And, of cause, this:

SeaMaster1.jpg

SeaMaster2.jpg

Oh joy oh joy! I can't wait. Of cause I'm gunna have to. :bounce:

Damn I love this watch! I forget now who first said "If you can't get laid wearing this, forget it.

Col.

Just a thought.

Since this is a modded A7750. If I were to take the movement out of the case, remove the dial, then remove the datewheel. Place a basic 7750 date wheel on the movement. Take the Datewheel that came on the watch and cut/grind off the teeth on it, then glue it to the A7750 datewheel shouldn't that negate some of the sunken datewheel problem.

Granted it sounds easier than it probably is, might need to do some sanding or something to keep the thickness down so the datewheel does not rub the backside of the dial but IIRC someone did something similar on another watch I just can't think of who and what watch....

Not as simple as that, i'm afraid.

the tricompax asian 7750 datewheel sits underneath 1 or 2 transfer gears

Edited by Importr

Not as simple as that, i'm afraid.

the tricompax asian 7750 datewheel sits underneath 1 or 2 transfer gears

Wouldnt an ETA 7750 datewheel fit this movement? If that doesnt work - maybe photo copy a datewheel, print, cut and paste it on the existing datewheel?

Wouldnt an ETA 7750 datewheel fit this movement? If that doesnt work - maybe photo copy a datewheel, print, cut and paste it on the existing datewheel?

Yes. The ETA datewheel should fit this movement.

You can stick on an overlay...but you have to worry about height issues with the added thickness...in order to allow the wheel to turn...not that easy with the tricompax mod.

The other issue with the overlay and photocopying is that the resolution of photocopying by most high end printing standards sucks. Screen printing is the only way to get things looking neat and crisp at these small font sizes and small error tolerances.

As you can see in the pic below, the tricompax mod adds a chunk of stuff ON TOP so there's not a lot of room to work with in order to fit it into a case designed for a movement with 7750/7753 thickness.

a7750_secs3s.jpg

The concern I have is, if they had to add a bunch of gears to move the subdials towards centre, that they jewel them properly so you don't end up with another metal-on-metal drive-train wear/strain situation like the seconds at 6 movement.

@ Dadog - Yes...the Picot LE would qualify for this.

Yay - Now a new name for our watches.

i.e the UUPO. :p

On a serious note, this is good info, opens more doors, Damn those Chinese are geeting good -

Sorry to bust the rep & factory bubble - but never in 1 million years will there ever be a 1:1 out of the box even if the gen was on the same work table and there were 20 people working on it !!! - there will ALWAYS be some detail that gets modified to be incorrect. - ........ Just wait for V.2 baby.

Peace

:D

I just came across a Omega PO Chrono at J's site...do you see any improvements over the old one?

I am not an expert but it seems that the subdial spacing is fixed on this one...

75849995.jpg

84456271.jpg

Take a look at the picture of the movement, some parts are of a dark grey or black color, could this be a frictionless type of coating? The sucess of this new movement will be dependent on its build quality and this picture looks promising to me.

Concerning the pre-2000 Zenith Daytona, let's not forget one thing. Even though the tighter sub-dial spacing will be a huge visual improvement, there is also the question of the movements thickness. As it is, all 7750 base Daytonas' need to use a case that is too thick to accomodate the movement's thickness. I doubt this can be accomplished when reworking a A7750, and so making a El Primero franken will still be a bit better than an updated rep, but still we shall see.

Cheers B)

Take a look at the picture of the movement, some parts are of a dark grey or black color, could this be a frictionless type of coating? The sucess of this new movement will be dependent on its build quality and this picture looks promising to me.

Concerning the pre-2000 Zenith Daytona, let's not forget one thing. Even though the tighter sub-dial spacing will be a huge visual improvement, there is also the question of the movements thickness. As it is, all 7750 base Daytonas' need to use a case that is too thick to accomodate the movement's thickness. I doubt this can be accomplished when reworking a A7750, and so making a El Primero franken will still be a bit better than an updated rep, but still we shall see.

Cheers B)

The grey areas both don't cause any friction so it would be pointless to coat them....at least to reduce friction B)