When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Movement: Compact Subdial Spaced 7750?

Mickey Padge

I would wait for a movement review before buying one, hopefully it will be jeweled where needed. I will be interested to see how they managed to move the subdials such a small way across the dial....

I think that 298 price means all the AP sec @12 fans are getting reamed...but we all know that price fixing had inflated the AP ROO line by at least 100.

The PO chrono is a must have in my collection if the movement proves to be decent :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making of the AP is from scratch.. The cost of a genuine being ripped to pieces and the engineering required. Everything afresh. Thus the cost is high

Also the running at 12 movt can only do for AP watches.. Thus quantity commited is smaller.. price is higher..

Making of the PO is cushioned by the fact that more than 10,000 pcs of the earlier version has been sold. Some small alteration of the old case , a new dial is sufficent to lauch this watch.. This movt can do for a fair bit of watches... Ebel 1911, All the Omega 369 config chronos, Zenith, Daytona pre 2000....etc.. Thus price is cheaper for the movt.

Speedmasters are next in line. But please dont ask me when.. I have no idea..

Joshua

Edited by Jos Nana

Thanks for the info Joshua.

Very interesting info, and definitely good news. :good:

I'm also curious how this modification would affect on the reliability of the movement.

All Zenith El Primero watches are possible to do properly now too:

of course the whole Zenith El Primero classic lineup

Ebel 1911 Chronograph

TAG Heuer Calibre 36

Not that fond of the PO Chrono and the Moon Watch isn't too expensive to buy as a gen... but I'd love to see the Omega Broad Arrow replicated properly. These are much more expensive.

xmasomega.jpg

broad.jpeg

Wow! all that effort to create a new movement, but they couldn't put the proper logo on the dial or put the pearl in the proper place!

I will eat my share of crow though, I never thought they would ever fix the subdial spacing. How far can we be from a perfect Moonwatch?

Speedmasters are next in line.

A moon watch with this movement would obviously need a solid case back, but maybe another good candidate.

And domed plexi, or don't bother. If you did bother, and gave it the PO attention to detail, you could move 10,000 pieces X 3. The Moon Watch has been neglected since it's first decent runs. Collectors who have 'everything else' would buy that watch because of the zeitgeist built up on the boards since. One favorable By-Tor review and the stock would fly. Literally. To the moon.

Good to see you Joshua.....................

Wow! all that effort to create a new movement, but they couldn't put the proper logo on the dial or put the pearl in the proper place!

Tell me about it... two simple fixes and they couldn't get them right this time KNOWING what they were, but, I guess they do it on purpose or are really dumb considering they had the gen, supposedly, to work on the replication, and two, they know that the closer the rep is to gen the more people will feel attracted to it therefore purchasing it....

All Zenith El Primero watches are possible to do properly now too:

of course the whole Zenith El Primero classic lineup

Ebel 1911 Chronograph

TAG Heuer Calibre 36

Not that fond of the PO Chrono and the Moon Watch isn't too expensive to buy as a gen... but I'd love to see the Omega Broad Arrow replicated properly. These are much more expensive.

xmasomega.jpg

That is about the sexiest watch I have ever seen... :wub:

I'm not concerned with the high "cost" of the genuine .. that dosen't motivate me to purchase a rep :rolleyes: otherwise the SOSF.. would not be on so many wrists

Nor that it took this long to mod the movement.. if it was that simple . I'm sure all of the nay sayers should of been able to do it themselves.. <_<

Been waiting for the PO with this movement since last year.. so I'm just grateful that it is released now .. and for the future of rest of the reps to come B)

Instead of whining ... I'll just be happy recieving the PO .. the first with the correct sub spacings...

first it was the AP's with running seconds @12 .. that took about a year to complete the movement too ..

glass half full and all that jazz :D

Id love to see some pictures of this on Kings site, their pictures show the wathes much better. I want to see this double AR claim. It looks like its the same case as the old one, and has design characteristics of the UPO.....so surely the UPO should come with Double AR pretty soon too if they are indeed from the same factory!?

I'm going to hold out for the Speedy on this one, no date to be sunken, and what a classic!

Id love to see some pictures of this on Kings site, their pictures show the wathes much better. I want to see this double AR claim. It looks like its the same case as the old one, and has design characteristics of the UPO.....so surely the UPO should come with Double AR pretty soon too if they are indeed from the same factory!?

I'm going to hold out for the Speedy on this one, no date to be sunken, and what a classic!

and to think at the last minute I swaped my spare PO crystal for another one to be on Chiefs AR run this month.. :( .. oh well

and now the wait for the Speedy and the rest .... :lol:

Just a thought.

Since this is a modded A7750. If I were to take the movement out of the case, remove the dial, then remove the datewheel. Place a basic 7750 date wheel on the movement. Take the Datewheel that came on the watch and cut/grind off the teeth on it, then glue it to the A7750 datewheel shouldn't that negate some of the sunken datewheel problem.

Granted it sounds easier than it probably is, might need to do some sanding or something to keep the thickness down so the datewheel does not rub the backside of the dial but IIRC someone did something similar on another watch I just can't think of who and what watch....