When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictures Rolex and Tudor @ Basel World 2009

lazarini

Oka guys...

here are some pics on the other boards: KLIK

Whats there... TT SUB that was in the cards... looks like also big size DJs some of them look nice....

The Tudor DSSD variation also looks quite cool looking piece modern but cool...

U might noticed some pieces are covered ^_^;) looks like more on those tomorrow :rolleyes:

See link for more and comment ;)

Cheers Laz

Thanks for the link. Whats up with the Date Just "flower power" dial :huh: , and am I the only person who thinks that the current models from Tudor look like S@#t? There is just something ufantazone-esque about them.

The Daytona that has what appears to be a two tone meteorite dial is cool looking, nice effect, although way too blingy. In fact most of what they show is way too blingy for me.

just my .02

Cheers B)

Edit: whoops, looks like rkdk likes the Tudors, oh well, its all good.

Although i like the cases, i think the font on the tudors is way to big. Looks very clumsy.

Its seems rolex as a brand is focusing more on the luxury end, and tudor is going more toolwatches.

Well i personally like the datejust II finally for the people that moaned about the 36mm size... im not sure about the flower power dial but i guess it cud be attractive for the ladies?

The TT sub is a matter of taste, looks like the SS one will be out in 2010...

I'm not gonna comment on the bling ones ill leave that to MR jfreeman aka the king of bling B)

Laz

I like the entire collection because it matches the diamond studs and gold caps I put on all my teeth, and the 4" jewel on the top of my pimpin' walking stick.

To be honest, I think the flower power dial is probably one of the better things they could have done to make the brand "hipper" for a younger audience. The uber-bling stuff is just tacky IMHO.

The Tudors look better to my eye as well.

To each its own for sure...

My GF said she finds the flower-power dial great also she likes the MOP Daytona with the diamond bezel on the white leather strap... but that's girls for u ;)

Me i like the SUBS but more in SS then the TT and by the looks of it they coming out only with TT version this year. There is many members and general community not to happy with the new SUB case the fat lugs and the awkward crown guards... i on the other hand like it.

I was also under impression they gonna revamp the EXPLORER line this year but cant see nothing on that also GMT IIc bezel insert colors were talked about again looks like a no go...

Laz

:blink::shock:=@

Man. I like my GMTIIc and my SSD. And I was aware that Rolex also caters to those people with loads of cash and zero taste.

But there are some clunkers here that must have been designed in Mr. Hydes laboratory.

Forgive my frankness.

Yours kindly

Valerian