When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please stop me from ordering this Ugly POS!

mjmurphy926

WOW...opinions are all over the place...Thanks all for the input.

I think I'll probably skip and use the cash to have Zig lume my wm9 v1 project.

I'll stick with the tastefulness of the sub and skip the "punch you in your face" brashness of the Graham for now...Although, they do have some sort of appeal, just can't exactly put my finger on why they are intriguing me so much lately...Maybe just the itch for something new...or that angel wing thing :D...who knows?

@corgi and laz...I'll be watching for the FF.

I have the graham pictured latter, the former is very ugly IMO.

I liked the crown guard initially, but now it feels like a bit of an excess if you ask me, some people complaining that the "crown guard" is painful... get the hint peeps, your wrists are too small for this watch.. Buy a smaller watch.

Now, secondly the "crown guard" isn't as purposeless as it appears, it's actually a chrono start lever, you press it down which presses down the button in the middle of the crown which starts the crono..

Grahams are like marmite, you either love them or you hate them, my personal beleif is that they're more suited for the younger end of the market, I am after a swordfish write now.

Although the watch is big and heavy, I find the way the rubber strap curves around my wrist really comfortable, and it stays put in one place, I used to own a leather, natostrap and a bracelet PO which I found to move away from the centre of my wrist, the only want to keep it in place was to strap it down tight which is uncomfortable. With the grahams everything is kushte, strap it up loose, yet stays put.. Presto

I'd been in an AD yesterday and tried few Grahms, well I was more impressed to look at them in the window then feeling them on my wrist.. not as heavy as I expected, and the lever looked odd... nevertheless I'm still considering to buy one cause the pics on josh site are tantalizing... but now I'ver a better idea.. i'll wait u to buy one then will check if u'll regret ur money or not :p keep us updated :D

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny that everyone thinks the Overlord looks ugly, as it's probably the only Graham design that makes sense. Given the soda spritzer lever on the side is meant to allow chrono operation for navigation in your unpressurized cockpit wearing thick sheepskin gloves...the colour pattern and fonts are closer to the original heritage of the watch:

Halifax.jpg

WWII RAF Halifax Bomber

Thats a Great Point Toad.

If I ever find myself in the situation of flying a WWII RAF Halifax Bomber, this is def the watch I would want to be wearing. :p

I like it. If you like it, buy it, wear it and laugh at all the people that tell you it sucks. Or kick them in the shin. Or whatever.

• 3 months later...
Guest paneraifreak

Most of you guys are dead wrong here...

Grahams are ugly?

Really? I can say the same thing about 75% of you guys' watches posted on this forum...

I find the Deepsea kind of ugly, the Vacheron Contantin Overseas ugly, many of the Tag Heuers ugly, some IWCs are ugly, those big 47mm to 55mm Big Pilot watches (like Ticino and the likes) dead ugly, I find some Omegas like the Constellation, Aqua Terra and some of those Special Edition Speedmasters (like the idiotic Snoopy Speedie) scary ugly, I find Burberry's fugly, I find ALL the Chanel watches homo-ugly, I find some Concords over the top fugly, i find Dewitt fugly, i find Louis Vutton pretentiously ugly...etc,etc,etc,etc....

Graham's lever is a useless fabrication?

Well... i find many watches with these butterfly clasps to be real useless...those watches with bracelet that have NO half link to be MAJOR useless... I find some of the big ass watches you guys buy to be UN-NECESSARILY AND USELESSLY HEAVY...

I FIND THE PANERAI CROWN GUARD JUST AS CUMBERSOME AND UGLY AS THE GRAHAM LEVER...

So....what will your replies to my post be?

He is jaleous?

He is biased? He owns a Graham...

He has no taste in watches?

He is an idiot?

He is an Anti-Panerai moreon?

THIS IS JUST HIS OPINIONS, NOT OURS?

What to I say to that?

I say: You are right... it is just my opinions and ALSO, yours are also JUST opinions...

So, why dont we spend our time here on this great forum discussing real time worthy topics that would enlighten my knowledge...

I am tired of others' opinions.... they achieve nothing in my life...

Most of you guys are dead wrong here...

Grahams are ugly?

Really? I can say the same thing about 75% of you guys' watches posted on this forum...

I find the Deepsea kind of ugly, the Vacheron Contantin Overseas ugly, many of the Tag Heuers ugly, some IWCs are ugly, those big 47mm to 55mm Big Pilot watches (like Ticino and the likes) dead ugly, I find some Omegas like the Constellation, Aqua Terra and some of those Special Edition Speedmasters (like the idiotic Snoopy Speedie) scary ugly, I find Burberry's fugly, I find ALL the Chanel watches homo-ugly, I find some Concords over the top fugly, i find Dewitt fugly, i find Louis Vutton pretentiously ugly...etc,etc,etc,etc....

Graham's lever is a useless fabrication?

Well... i find many watches with these butterfly clasps to be real useless...those watches with bracelet that have NO half link to be MAJOR useless... I find some of the big ass watches you guys buy to be UN-NECESSARILY AND USELESSLY HEAVY...

I FIND THE PANERAI CROWN GUARD JUST AS CUMBERSOME AND UGLY AS THE GRAHAM LEVER...

So....what will your replies to my post be?

He is jaleous?

He is biased? He owns a Graham...

He has no taste in watches?

He is an idiot?

He is an Anti-Panerai moreon?

THIS IS JUST HIS OPINIONS, NOT OURS?

What to I say to that?

I say: You are right... it is just my opinions and ALSO, yours are also JUST opinions...

So, why dont we spend our time here on this great forum discussing real time worthy topics that would enlighten my knowledge...

I am tired of others' opinions.... they achieve nothing in my life...

Get well soon :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

I must admit, I have considered buying it as I have an historic interest in World War 2. Its almost grotesqeness has prevented me from doing so.

Overlord was the code word for D-day 6 June 1944, when the Allies landed on the beaches in Normandy, France to start the Western front and the eventual capitulation of the Nazis. My Dad was in the RAF in bomber command flying Lancasters at the time.

I would probably get it if it wasn't for that ridiculous appendage on one side. Its a talking point..................

I feel exactly the same - the only Graham I would consider...

Didn't go for it because I found that there are two different versions of the dial (one not so accurate) and no-one could guarantee which version I would get!

If anyone is interested, for info...

this is the crap version of the rep:

f5aaa19e1f367c38a284b48ae3fe2e3f.image.733x550.jpg

this is another crap version of the rep:

2407-1776_sml1.jpg

This is the good version of the rep:

200811182032113742_s.jpg

This is the gen! GENUINE ARTICLE

• 4 weeks later...