When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quartz movment watchs that are lust-worthy

Packard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you can call any quartz Lust-worthy, it's the watch you are looking at not the movement.

Even in high end brands such as Cartier a quartz engine tends to cheapen it down a lot.

Ken

Omega X-33.. The current Astronaut watch. I think these are still made, but no longer available to general public.

4rc91c4.jpg

Tissot T-touch is also a very well-made watch with unique functions. It might be too cheap to be considered lust-worthy.. :)

I doubt anyone here is a big quartz fan.

But a few that come to mind:

Bond SMP quartz (well it's the original Bond watch that they used in Goldeneye). It was quartz.

Breitling Emergency

Omega X-33

I'm a big fan of the TAG Aquaracer line and I wouldn't mind having the quartz chronograph in my collectionm either.

dsc00195cet.jpg

Don't make deals if it aint got wheels :D

Sorry Robbie :(

Ken :animal_rooster:

Nothing to fear If It has a gear (s) Sorry :pardon: It's a keeper If It's a sweeper. sorry again :pardon: There will be no chicks if your watch tics. DAM Im really sorry about that one :p Mike

A wise man from around these parts once said-

"A quartz watch has no soul."

Something I have lived with now for a number of years.

However these latest entries-

My only flings are with springs...

Don't make deals if it aint got wheels

Nothing to fear If It has a gear (s)

It's a keeper If It's a sweeper.

There will be no chicks if your watch tics.

Just keep getting worse :D LOL.

So I'm sure someone can come up with something a little more in keeping to "make my day" :p

Offshore

Nah, Must have been old RWG or even TRC days.

That wasn't the quote I remember, and it dates back a long time before that!

O/S

I said that. The copyright and rights of that quote belong to ME!

I invented that phrase at the same day I bought my first plastic Casio & Led Zeppelin's "In Through the Out Door" as brand new. It was 1979 to be precise.

Prove me wrong guys. I bet you can't.

I said that. The copyright and rights of that quote belong to ME!

I invented that phrase at the same day I bought my first plastic Casio & Led Zeppelin's "In Through the Out Door" as brand new. It was 1979 to be precise.

Prove me wrong guys. I bet you can't.

I borrowed a time-machine and went back in time to say it before you. WHAMMY!

Porsche Design has some what I call lust-worthy watches that I beleive have quartz movements. What others are out there that are similarly sought after?

(My 1970's vintage Movado Museum watch was too at the time I bought it.)

Hey man, sorry you are getting your thread crapped all over, there are some NICE quartz watches out there (just look at that Victorinox!). That stuff about souls is nonsense, whether it is mechanical or quartz, it is still an inanimate object. If YOU like it, that is all that matters.

Here is one that I got recently, homage Oris (I don't generally like quartz reps of mechanical watches, but only because they are not accurate to the gen in a very noticeable way). With homages, it doesn't matter. The Zitc Oris homage uses the same case and bracelet as the A7750 Oris Chrono Diver rep, but with Zitc branded dial, mineral crystal and quartz chrono movement. Difference in price? About $200 - this one cost $85 plus shipping.

Imagen064.jpg

Imagen074.jpg

Imagen060.jpg

Imagen048.jpg

Imagen026.jpg

Edited by JohnG