When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum skin reset - need feedback

Admin

As I posted elsewhere, I did not like the new look. Aside from just not "feeling" it, it reminded me too much of the other repsites where I am also a member since many years but rarely seen because - among other things - I am not feeling comfy with the look of their forum frontends.

I have all mayor browsers (in latest versions) on my machine but I mostly use Opera (9.64 - Build 10487) and on that I had freezes with both the initial two skins of the new software. I am currently using the "RWG revival" skin and so far it works without problems. From the three skins, it's my favorite by far.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the feedback. As Ken mentioned above; More feedback from people using IE and who had problems with the previous skin.

Also, the color scheme on this one will be edited slightly. A little to white right now ;)

Hey T...I'm running IE6 sp3 and had problems with the orange skin:

• 15+ seconds to load the front page
  • Shoutbox wasn't working...Shouts weren't showing up
  • No navigation capability for moving on to additional pages of posts and topics

The blue skin is working fine for me now. Thanks.

I think everyone who were having probs before were running IE so can we get a bit more feedback from the IE users please?

pure bliss K -- i was having issues with the old skin at work (running ie6); now my PM's show up (previously i had to use the dark side), the page width is back to normal and the site feels much more like home again. i'll be honest it just felt a little off previously ;)

thanks again for all your hard work T :victory:

deltatahoe

New skin I think looks better, because its more familiar.. however as mentioned this one is much too white, I think we all *liked* the off-white that RWG was before.. :D

FYI; Most of the was adjusted earlier today and are the same now ;)

<Copy of my response on a different thread>

Still hangs on IE 8..... however, I just went to the IE 8 Page menu and selected Compatibility View and suddenly RWG is redrawing normally and quickly again.

Understanding the Compatibility View List.

I just tested on a second computer and Compatibililty View worked there as well. Perhaps other IE8 users can validate this experience.

This new skin is working great for me in IE 6.0 and 7.2 and Firefox 3.5.

Previous issues with the dark skin:

was slow to load in both IE versions

search wouldn't work in both IE versions and was sporadic in Firefox 3.5

couldn't always Veiw New Content, both in IE and Firefox

browser safari 4.

perfect, it's a relaxing skin

not a nervous skin / view.

better for the eyes. smoothly image.

rolli

Same here, browser and experience - much more useable now - no load times delays, choking when scrolling, rendering is perfect, and much easier on the eye.

1000 times better, thanks.