When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I bid you all farewell

Guest OrenG

A quite annoying farewell post...to me at least.

So it's like this huh?

"Ok guys it has been a lot of fun hanging around with ya all but now i have found a wife so i can no

longer going out to strip bars with you"???

Although i am still new to this community i really need to say that i you guys have got me hooked

Started with gens,got into the AAAAAAAA GRADE rep hype trip,met RWG on the way,got into modding my

existing reps and now on to the quest for the highest modded watches out there...what will follow next???who knows

but for what is worth...i am here to learn,to make friends,to have fun,to hang out with the best of the best in

horology world.I've met great guys in here and the journey has just began!!!

A quite annoying farewell post...to me at least.

I am here to learn,to make friends,to have fun,to hang out with the best of the best in

horology world.I've met great guys in here and the journey has just began!!!

Couldn't agree more J!

Having been around these parts for 7 years or so, I have seen more than a few come and go. Yet my journey too feels like it began yesterday.

Every day I am amazed at the quality of member we have, and the information they give us for nothing.

Then we have the hit & run guys,... a bit like their first time..."This won't hurt...did it?rolleyes.gif

We know we have some wonderful information, it doesn't cost... but please don't try to steal the family jewels as you leave.!

Bye Oren...see you on the other side.

Offshore

Well Oren I hope you found what you were looking for,one can only hope. I know that some people will never be watch enthusiast. Then again maybe you are intersted In timepieces but reps are not something you are comfortable wearing. Some people only want one desent watch and thats It. There Is this little quote that go's "contempt prior to Investigation" I hope one day you purchase a good quality rep, maybe a 7750 or better yet 2824. Then have It serviced and then decide If reps are for you or not. At least you had the good manors to say "good buy", good buy :unsure: The saying go's "that It Is better to give then to receive" Im thinking that the RWG community Is feeling pretty dam good right about now. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

fellas check out oren's youtube videos (he posted his youtube review of the watch he ended up buying in the thread that allergydoc posted above). it puts it all in perspective -- he's just a kid :play_ball::prop:

one day he'll grow up and realize he should have been nicer to those helpful guys at the replica watch forum :animal_rooster:

upwards & onwards :victory:

deltatahoe

so the guy buys a used Bulova (which actually looked ok for a modern Bulova); after posting a million questions on a rep board

and then its 'wham bam thank you mame'. no cuddling or nice talk??? i don't get it

Some don't feel the need for etiquite.. on the net.. "Our" community is not like this .. imo.. the members that call this their watch "Home" give much more than take.. .. :)

And some need to feel superior (I guess) was it necessay for Oren to post this thread.. no .. but obviously he needed to have the "last" word..

but we're still here.. enjoying what the forum has to offer and RWG will grow.. there are many fly-by's.. and we will have many more.. and maybe 1 or 2 will stay and really contribute to the community.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

that is the fact of life on the net... as it is in the rest of the World.. givers and takers..

That's why I try and support the members that help with Supporter membership... not to diminish anyone else but that is what I do.. :D

AC

Lani

As a defence, there have been many others who just disappear and don't put anything back. At least Oren put up his review, and posted the video to show the features of the watch he bought. I think that should count for something.

Yeah Tt, I'm of this mind too, and wouldn't think of throwing disparaging comments around to those who come, read, ask a few cursory questions, hook up with a reputable dealer, show a wrist shot, say thanks then go.........As that is the RWG 'site mission statement' or at least it was on the old board and I believe it carried over here, but I think Oren perpetuated, by design, a lot of "yeah, but, yeah buts" to his own amusement. Some of the 'Shoutout Box' dialogue was, uh, belabored. I kept wondering when 'Lanikai' was going to drop the shoe. He never did aside some tongue-in-cheek albeit 'hard to miss' remarks.

Oh well, they come, they go, they return, they don't.

Oren who biggrin.gif

'Zackly.

Why did no one ask him why he made his youtube review with the lights off?

He was probably worried Mama would find out he spent 75 bucks on a watch. :rolleyes:

Ken

8) U.S. Custom Special Operations Forces have conducted nearly a dozen covert operations inside friendly and neutral internet replica watch forums..... 8)

Why did no one ask him why he made his youtube review with the lights off?

He was probably worried Mama would find out he spent 75 bucks on a watch. :rolleyes:

Ken

Im sorry (not really) but I swear I was thinking the same thing. I also noticed that he was almost whispering. I think Deltahoe nailed It, " just a kid " ^_^ Mike

Wow... so what was this? a quickie for you.. Wham bam thank you maam...

You think you can use us, then discard us a like yesterday's underwear?

I DON'T THINK SO !!!!!

:thumbdown:

cmon mr. dudemeister...

dont be mr. sensible ;)

at least he said goodbye and thanxs

in afriendly manner.

we all dont know where life drags us...

i guess many of us are members in

various boards on the net.

George

cmon mr. dudemeister...

dont be mr. sensible ;)

at least he said goodbye and thanxs

in afriendly manner.

we all dont know where life drags us...

i guess many of us are members in

various boards on the net.

George

Well George... I don't know about you, but.. sniff.. yes, I'm very sensitive and... sniff... I fell so....used :cry2:

t

Seriously though, I know what you mean, and sometimes we must go places we don't want to go, or do things we dread, but such is life, Good luck in your endeavors OrenG, I'm sure we'll survive just like I'm sure you'll still be lurking through these forums... :lol:

:lol:

That guy is inquisitive. But at least he buys replicas.

Inquisitive, inquisitive? Doc, never has such an inadequate turn of phrase been used on this fine forum. That guy asks more questions than the Spanish inquisition! For those of you unfamilier with PD surf over to either RWI or RWG1.1 and search on his nick. Oi vey!

Col.