When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ban announced

Nanuq

The Admin team normally does not announce any bans imposed, they just happen. We are making an exception here, as we have recently noticed more and more members posting "new" watches For Sale.

This in itself is not a reason to ban a member; there may be circumstances when someone wishes to move on a recently purchased watch. However when we see multiple watches listed, we start to suspect some "back door" trading. Historically these deals end in tears, as the seller is not geared for the amount of work and effort to properly run a "business." It sometimes also involves overpriced watches being offered or goods misrepresented.

This is one of the reasons we have a members sales area, and a dealers area. Anyone wishing to sell multiple new watches is required to apply to become a dealer. No ifs, ands or buts. Those are the rules. The Admin team will then decide if their credentials stack up.

In addition to the multiple new watches being sold, we did some investigation and we have hard evidence of backdoor/PM deals being solicited. That directly violates RWG forum policy. This place exists to prevent that sort of behavior, not to accommodate it.

So as of this posting, members nibenma and taoyanta520 will be removed from the forum, and will be banned again if they attempt to return under an alias.

We posted an article some months ago, "So you want to be a dealer," in an attempt to advise a number of parties of our feelings on this matter. Some listened, some didn't.

All further multiple new watch listings will come under severe scrutiny, and instant removal of listings, with subsequent bans, may be expected.

Should a member have a good reason to need to post multiple new watches for sale, it would be advisable to discuss this with the team first. PLEASE READ THE RULES.

RWG was founded as a place to acquire, and to share, knowledge about watches. That knowledge will help protect buyers from being scammed. Our goal is to protect against this sort of behavior, not to facilitate it. Scammers will not be tolerated here.

Sincerely,

The Admin Team

Shundi, Lani ... it's our job. Most of us wound up here after getting ripped off by someone, and we all have a story to tell. When you all learn about watches, and share that information, you raise the level of expertise for all members, and you will learn to spot the scammers yourselves. Yes, we in Admin have the final say on things like this, but it's not our goal to micromanage this board. When you guys know more about watches than we do, then you can be even faster than us weeding out the bad eggs.

And that is what this place is all about. Knowledge and information. Share the wealth, boys.

:tu:

Good to know you have got our backs!

This game is risky enough without letting them get in amongst us.

But I think it still important us new guys take responsibility to check members (through previous posts, feedback, involvement etc) for ourselves before we buy and if in doubt ask.

Good to know you have got our backs!

This game is risky enough without letting them get in amongst us.

But I think it still important us new guys take responsibility to check members (through previous posts, feedback, involvement etc) for ourselves before we buy and if in doubt ask.

Very well said Pete!! You have shown exactly what our 'noob' members need to do!! Never be afraid to ask, but always try and do your own footwork first! If you can't find it on your own there will be plenty of guys more than happy to help, myself included! Just be aware, you will be asked, normally, if you have used the search facility or had a rummage around looking for the answer you need, but like Pete succinctly said, you have to take on some of the responsibility yourself!!

Again, very well said Pete, I think you are gonna be around for a while! Have fun while you are!!

As for the original post it's self, I have to admit, I thought it was only a matter of time before this happened! 2 Guys with a constant stream of brand new watches that 'didn't really do it for them'?! :scamface:!!

I love this place and a good few members in it, this place has done a whole lot for me, as some of you know, especialy the guys who know the whole story! So thanks for doing the 'house keeping' and sweeping out the trash!! We all appreciate the efforts you guys go to!!

Sixx :bones: