When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1665 vs Yuki vs NDTrading?

seraphe

This is for planning the next upgrade available for 1665. Hope to learn more from experts...

• Does MBW 1665 take gen 1570 movements like Yuki/NDTrading?
  • Does MBW spacer ring fit Yuki/NDTrading?
  • Are the caseback interchangeable between MBW/Yuki/NDTrading?
  • Which case set would you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

I'm no expert.. but a gen dial will not fit an MBK case.. the dial will need to be shaved to fit.

gen. bezel will need a tension ring for the MBK..

if you have the resources.. Yukis and NDT will accept the genuine dial and bezel

AC/L

Hi R,

Actually a gen 1665 dial will fit an MBW case (26mm). :) A 1680 gen dial does not fit the MBW case and -a tad large.

Yukiwatch or NDT cases are the best aftermarket out there right now.

Thanks for your advices.

No doubt Yukiwatch and NDT are the best... but how do I fit an ETA into a Yuki/NDT 1665 case? Can I use the spacer ring from MBW?

I was trying to do the math...

• Yuki/NDT accepts only gen 1570
  • If MBW can accept gen 1570, then MBW spacer ring should fit Yuki/NDT
  • If Yuki/NDT accepts MBW spacer ring, then ETA should be able to fit in Yuki/NDT

Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere in the equation...

Hi R,

Actually a gen 1665 dial will fit an MBW case (26mm). :) A 1680 gen dial does not fit the MBW case and -a tad large.

Yukiwatch or NDT cases are the best aftermarket out there right now.

ahh.. thanks S.. yeah I have the 1680 gen dial.. needed to be shaved..don't even think of genuine 1665 dials (price) when it comes to frankens.. :p

R

Thanks for your advices.

No doubt Yukiwatch and NDT are the best... but how do I fit an ETA into a Yuki/NDT 1665 case? Can I use the spacer ring from MBW?

I was trying to do the math...

• Yuki/NDT accepts only gen 1570
  • If MBW can accept gen 1570, then MBW spacer ring should fit Yuki/NDT
  • If Yuki/NDT accepts MBW spacer ring, then ETA should be able to fit in Yuki/NDT

Please correct me if I'm wrong somewhere in the equation...

If you are using an ETA get the MBW as the stem height will be off inn the YUKI/NDT cases. They are made for Gen movements and the stem height is higher. The MBW has a lower Tube/Crown position because it is designed for an ETA movement.

If you are using an ETA get the MBW as the stem height will be off inn the YUKI/NDT cases. They are made for Gen movements and the stem height is higher. The MBW has a lower Tube/Crown position because it is designed for an ETA movement.

But he is asking, if both an Eta and gen movement will fit in an MBW case, why won't it also fit in a NDT?Yuki? That question really hasn't been answered. Shouldn't you have the same stem height problem in the MBW.

Edited by kbh

But he is asking, if both an Eta and gen movement will fit in an MBW case, why won't it also fit in a NDT?Yuki? That question really hasn't been answered. Shouldn't you have the same stem height problem in the MBW.

A Gen mov't won't fit into an MBW without some manipulation while it is a simple drop in fit in the NDT/Yuki case. Conversely, an ETA fits the MBW case as a drop in but would need manipulation to fit a Gen case (Yuki/NDT).

Clear?

Hi guys

Some time ago, Zigmeister tested one of his Rolex 1520 movt - which has the same physical dimensions as the 1570 - in my MBW 1665 and it fitted well. The following pictures are from The Meister's desk.

post-4284-125968136011_thumb.jpg

post-4284-125968130219_thumb.jpg

About the Yuki and NDT 1665 cases, I wanted to ask if they have the correct crown guard shape and if their lug holes are the correct 2mm?

Cheers,

Athan

Hi guys

Some time ago, Zigmeister tested one of his Rolex 1520 movt - which has the same physical dimensions as the 1570 - in my MBW 1665 and it fitted well. The following pictures are from The Meister's desk.

post-4284-125968136011_thumb.jpg

post-4284-125968130219_thumb.jpg

About the Yuki and NDT 1665 cases, I wanted to ask if they have the correct crown guard shape and if their lug holes are the correct 2mm?

Cheers,

Athan

CG shape needs mod, lugholes need bevel but accept 2mm bars.

As for the Gen mov't fitting, if the stem is not perfectly centered(Too low/Too high) it will eventually break. No MBW case I have seen has the Tube positioned high enough to avoid this without modification.

I had to remove some metal from the outside edge of the calendar ring on the 1575 to get it to seat correctly in my MBW 1665 case (you might be able to locate the thread that described the work via the search). However, I had no problem getting the 1520 to fit in my MBW 5514 case. Both stems are correctly aligned.

That's a whole load of info here. Thanks guys.

... And this tube/crown height issue cannot be rectified by thickness of movement spacer ring?

That's my question. Does MBW 1665 take gen 1570 like Yuki/NDT?

A Gen mov't won't fit into an MBW without some manipulation while it is a simple drop in fit in the NDT/Yuki case. Conversely, an ETA fits the MBW case as a drop in but would need manipulation to fit a Gen case (Yuki/NDT).Clear?

... and here's an answer, but still unclear. What kind of modification/manipulation needed to fit 1570-to-MBW or ETA-to-Yuki/NDT? Will a taller/shorter movement spacer ring help?

Hi guysSome time ago, Zigmeister tested one of his Rolex 1520 movt - which has the same physical dimensions as the 1570 - in my MBW 1665 and it fitted well.

So Zigmeister did not modify/manipulate the case? It was a perfect fit? Now we're getting warmer here...

As for the Gen mov't fitting, if the stem is not perfectly centered(Too low/Too high) it will eventually break. No MBW case I have seen has the Tube positioned high enough to avoid this without modification.

Too high... too low... 'No MBW' includes the 1665? If so, we're back to square one.

I had to remove some metal from the outside edge of the calendar ring on the 1575 to get it to seat correctly in my MBW 1665 case (you might be able to locate the thread that described the work via the search). However, I had no problem getting the 1520 to fit in my MBW 5514 case. Both stems are correctly aligned.

Yikes! You're modifying gen movements to fit rep cases? If I have the gen 1575, I'd keep it for Yuki/NDT... You're a brave man, freddy...

I've learnt a whole lot... but still not exactly found my answer. So MBW spacer ring may not help fitting ETA into a Yuki/NDT... how about a modified (thinner? thicker?) spacer ring? If this still doesn't help, I'm now confused by 'Yuki/NDT cases are the best'. Best how? For gen movements only?

*scratches huge forehead*

I think where you run into problems is that the inner dimensions of the 1680 Sub case are not the same as a 5513 case. As others have said, a 1680 dial is bigger then a 5513 dial. I've always heard about the issues with ETAs fitting into ND/Yuki cases and didn't know why as I've been told that the specifications for a Rolex Sub case were the same as the Tudor Sub case.

When I had both a 5513, a 9411, and a 9401 I figured I'd try it out to see if the 5513 would fit in the Tudor cases (which are ETA based). The 5513 dial/movment was a drop in to both my 9401 caseand the 9411 case. i didn't have a 1680 to try out in the either case.

All it did was make it more confusing for me as it seemed that a rolex sub movment would fit a sub case that housed an eta movement. I didn't try an eta movement in the 5513 case though.