When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rwg Champions League Prize Pool

jonthebhoy

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to say that after the highlights of the pool game show that although barca could easily have got 2, it was fair for them to progress as they should have had about 6 lol. As for the blues, disappointing display in the first half but markedly better in the second, but even the truest of blues will admit we were a touch lucky tbh.

But i'll take it.......ok bets on the reds drawing blues in the next round??

Havent seen any of today's games yet, but sad to see Celtic go out... but 1-0 in injury time makes it sound like a tight tie overall.

Even sadder to see the despicable man ure team go through - I hope they draw Chelsea next and get knocked out, as well as their whole team injured, leading to Chelsea winning the league :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Real Madrid going out was predictable - wouldn't mind Liverpool drawing Bayern Munchen in the next round (And on another pedantic side note - why are they called Bayern Munich ? Why not the full English name of Bavarian Munich, or the Deutsch of Bayern Munchen?).

Teams left for the quarter finals:

Liverpool

Chelsea

Valencia

Roma

PSV Eindhoven

Bayern Munchen

AC Milan

man ure

Ideal draw would be Liverpool getting Bayern Munchen or PSV Eindhoven (but I don't think PSV Eindhoven can play Liverpool again until the final, having been in the same group in an earlier stage).

man ure to draw Chelsea or Valencia - but money will go on them fixing it and drawing the weakest team left, PSV Eindhoven, just as they had the weakest team in the round just played: Lille.

My two favourites for the trophy this year are Valencia, and possibly Roma, although I would love for Liverpool to win it again, and get a trip out to Athens :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hmmmm....... :g:

Teams left in the tournament:

Liverpool

Chelsea

Valencia

Roma

PSV Eindhoven

Bayern Munchen

AC Milan

man ure

Now let's review the bets....

Chelsea - No bets

Valencia - No bets

Roma - No bets

PSV Eindhoven - No bets

Bayern Munchen - No bets

AC Milan - No bets

man utd - No bets (of course not ;))

Liverpool - well, well, well....what do you know.....two bright minds have their money on liverpool...... :)

Now let's review the bets....

Chelsea - No bets

Valencia - No bets

Roma - No bets

PSV Eindhoven - No bets

Bayern Munchen - No bets

AC Milan - No bets

man utd - No bets (of course not ;) )

Liverpool - well, well, well....what do you know.....two bright minds have their money on liverpool...... :)

Oh dear this has all the markings of a suicidal curse. I hope it isn't for the sake of football winning over money (in some respects) but, much as I hate them (Chelski)......... to miss out Edge's pick could be your downfall.

As far as AC Milan are concerned.......I can't honestly see them winning it. They've got one world class player but their team ethic is suspect. Had Nakamura and McGeady played a bit better and had we got our stonewall penalty, coupled with the consequential sending off of Maldini.....then we would have saw them off the premises.

The not so mighty but more the mighty relieved AC Milan methinks.

JTB

• 4 weeks later...

Headlines make nice reading...

Liverpool Wrecks PSV Eindhoven in Champions League

Liverpool put three past PSV

Liverpool thrashes PSV 3-0 in Champions League

Great result, so-so performance I felt, we really missed a creative spark, Kuyt is disappointing IMO and no replacement for lickle Luis Garcia - slight concern for what will definitely be a much tougher SF. Let's face it, PSV were absolutely woeful and on that performance in front of their home fans, have absolutely no business being in the Champions League never mind the QFs (I wonder what Ape thinks watching the side that beat his beloved Arsenal in the last round?).

The major downside is losing Aurelio for the rest of the season with a ruptured Achilles :( gutted for him really as he is arguably our first-choice left-back just starting to show great form and would have relished playing against his old club Valencia in the SF. Hopefully we can win Number Six for him and similarly crocked Garcia. :inv:

Next up tonight, Scum get battered by Roma :pray: and Valencia (and Liverpool's next striker, David Villa) do a job on Chelsea ('bye 'bye Edge - time your underperforming

• 3 weeks later...

Only us three left now it's SF time - 3 English teams ( :o ) plus 1 Italian team

First legs:

Tues 24 April AC Milan vs Scumchester

Wed 25 April Chelsea (Edge) vs Liverpool (Doc and Admin)

T, here's praying you didn't hex the match with your premature victory dance :unsure: Actually feeling pretty confident, especially with our favourite ginger Norwegian and his left foot, he just loves a bit of Chelsea he does ;)

Edge - thanks for your 'donation' :fishing:

i'm going to be surrounded by chelski supporters in the pub

doesn't matter cause we are going to ruin their night!!

COME ON LADS! :1a:

Im gonna be surrounded by Chavs where im sitting, but i dont care as long as we get a good result!

My mate blagged FREE tickets in the Liverpool stand, the jammy b@stard!

Im gonna be surrounded by Chavs where im sitting, but i dont care as long as we get a good result!

Seriously TT, take care :unsure:

Even if you're not in the Shed End, and 'undercover' (no wearing anything Red) if Liverpool score or Fat Frank/Didier LadyBoy dives for a penalty or something similar and you blow your cover, you'll be removed by the stewards....and that's the best case scenario, it could get ugly :black_eye::inv:

Seriously TT, take care :unsure:

Even if you're not in the Shed End, and 'undercover' (no wearing anything Red) if Liverpool score or Fat Frank/Didier LadyBoy dives for a penalty or something similar and you blow your cover, you'll be removed by the stewards....and that's the best case scenario, it could get ugly :black_eye::inv:

yup officially you aren't meant to be there so be on your guard for the stewards and if the game turns against the russians the chelskis are likely to report you if they have doubts :(