When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally! My latest watch is here and its Amazing!

P4GTR

I've been contemplating getting one of these for a while.. I had a hard time tracking it down to say the least. I had been in contact with Tourneau for several months, finally it paid off. With all the talk of the Ploprof, I knew how much this even more elusive watch would mean to RWG. So I set about hunting it down. Layed down the cash, and now here it is.

Are you ready to have a look?

IMG_4067.jpg

Inside the bag?

IMG_4068.jpg

Lets get that puppy out!

IMG_4073.jpg

Unpacking more. Good times!

IMG_4074.jpg

Nice box. Getting excited...

IMG_4075.jpg

Oh man, the suspense is killing me, its FINALLY about to happen!

IMG_4076.jpg

BOOOYAAAAH!!!!

IMG_4078.jpg

I present...

Omega Plofrrrf

IMG_4050.jpg

Wow. What a piece! Something I would never expect to see in my watchbox. Isn't it magnificent? The dial and print was done truly well if Omega was going for the aged look. Bit of a fun fact: A lot of these left the Omega factory with the dials slightly askew, and it is being said amongst WIS that they will become true collectors pieces.

The time is easy to read, and it is nice having all the information I need just like that, with a glance at the wrist. GMT subhand at 9, and date window at 3.

IMG_4051.jpg

Some people say you can always tell a gen by the color of the gold. Gen Rolex, Omega, etc. gold is special. A special ceramic polymer gold blend was created for the Plofrrrf in order to create a comfortable strap for demanding tool watch such as this. The advanced material is called Cerubber.

IMG_4052.jpg

Great attention to detail again, the strap having some ridges along the outer edge to keep the watch in place during extreme adventure, while also being smooth enough to avoid discomfort.

IMG_4053.jpg

People always complain about the poor replication of Omegas logo, aka happy feet. Here is proof that even Gens arent always perfect. Its these nuances thought, that add a touch of character to the watch.

IMG_4055.jpg

The plofrrf bezel button is not like the Ploprof. This button now controls the date mechanism of the Caliber LY022 movement. By pressing the button, the watch displays the date, or that could be the dive time, or whatever your imagination wants it to be. This is innovative [censored].

IMG_4056.jpg

The case and bezel are made of another advanced material, called cerplastic.

Solid one piece cerplastic nondirectional bezel

IMG_4057.jpg

The rehaut is protected by the cerplastic bezel, but once the bezel is removed, you can see it is very nice. A work of true hand craftsmanship.

IMG_4058.jpg

Plexi crystal. Good to see Omega going back to their roots for such a prestigious release of a classic dive piece.

IMG_4059.jpg

The Caliber LY022 movement is a compact design capable of displaying the time in AM or PM, and the date. The watchmakers at Omega must reach a score of at least 32 jewels in bejeweled game demo during the manufacture of the movement in order for it to pass quality control. It keeps perfect time.

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

Wristy

IMG_4065.jpg

Brought to you by P4GTR! :pardon:

IMG_4062.jpg

Hey D!

Can you get me the same Model But in Red to go with my new Richard Simmons workout clothes:

richardsimmonsc79729679.jpg

It will be perfect for monitoring my time and weight gain........I mean weight loose......

Thanks!

F-

Blimey :o I step out of the ring for a few months to see that the current stock is way ahead of anything I've seen to date :o:o

Awesome 1.1 detail there, the offset Omega 'horseshoe' on the strap and the attention on the crystal reminds me of the BigRed Joe mods back in the day where we used to pay many $$$ to get some attention to detail whereas here, it's straight outta the box > amazing....

Can't seem to find it on the Cartels websites tho, oh well x-fingers we'll see this baby on the mass prod lines soon.

Wear it with pride and thank you for sharing.

:1a:

Just sent the pics to my dealer.. she seems to think its a joke! How rude! Guess she doesn't have access to limited editions.. I esp like the detail like the red 2nd hand needle peeking out of at the 44 marker... WOW. Wear it well my friend, i bet its one of a kind - literally. You should put it up for sale in the gen section, or auction it off for donation to rwg. THis baby will go