When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Does this look wrong?

JoJo35

That's an aftermarket case for sure, the pearl looks suspect and I can't tell about the dial. The pics aren't great.

4.0mill is earlier than '77. The movement looks to be a 1570, but the guy doesn't know squat.

26 feedback is too low, so I say it's all typical of a scam!

It looks like an MBW to me. The insert looks like an MBW and the dial too. Bracelet definitely not gen. Also the pics of the movement is of another watch. Notice how he doesnt show the back of the crown guards and he has taken the bracelet off for these shots but hasnt taken the time to take a shot of the serial number between the lugs and the background in the pic is different. So definitely a pic of a movement from a different watch.

The crown guards are very fat. That's an instant tell.

People often just file them from the inside, but they have to be shaped from the outside as well. Real vintage Subs and Dwellers have the cg's shaped like "chops" or spikes... they're not fat and curved like that.

I agree with mjmj... very MBW'esque looking case.

i would have a really hard time spending $27k + on a watch bought sight unseen. I cannot believe people would even consider buying it on the 'Bay. Just seems frightening to me.

+1 - CG's look really off. Bezel looks odd to me to. Way to "defined" and a little on the sharp side

Since when did the DRSD's come with 3135 engines? Everyone I have ever seen or heard about has a 1570. This is a scam for sure. poor photos, and not much info as well. Another thing, unless this watch was in a time capsule from the day it left Rolex,it just looks too new. You would expect to see a few marks and wear as well as at least a little patina to the dial/ hands/pearl. I expect you this one's age could be measured in weeks or at the most months, not almost 50 years! It looks like the seller just took it out of the blue plastic!!

And as someone else said, who in the world would buy a 27000.00 USD watch on Ebay. I couldn't in my wildest dreams afford one at this price, but if I could, it would be a hands on, eye to eye deal with a trusted seller and lots of authentication.

The first giveaway is the MBW insert with the little glop of plastic instead of a pearl.

Second are the humongous MBW crownguards.

Third is the humongous MBW crown.

Fourth are the inordinately squared off lugs with no bevel, also from early MBW.

Fifth is the early MBW caseback.

Hmmmmmmmm. Wonder if that's an MBW with a better dial? :g: