When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looks like waiting sometimes pays off: Better Ploprof

chefcook

Just saw this on Josh's website:

http://www.1-pc8838.com/0543-p-9081.html

1.) correct case construction with two piece case back like the genuine

2.) correct divers extension

Numbers on the bezel seem a little thin.

I hope the bezel lock works on this version. If so I'd have to get a white rep in addition to my black genuine PloProf :)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I'm sure there are some out there who would like to acquire the "solid" sapphire crystal versions!

I will be interested to see exactly what diameter the new ones are made at!

As I still believe the issue with the #1 version relates to size, not lamination technique ( or moisture).

I have modified one of the #1 crystals, by grinding it down a few thou, and it has now been refitted for a few weeks, and through some varying temperature changes, and shows no signs of delam or stresses.

I would almost bet the #2 version is just a few thou down!

O/S

here we go again :whistling:

now i have to get the new version - with functional pusher and all - hmmmmmm the rep world is :black_eye:

But great news. I hope they've fixed that wrist chewing self deploying buckle :g:

- other than the happy feet logo and Panama hooker smelling strap I would be worried to be called out wearing a rep because of blood loss

We got a bleeder here... :)

Sometimes a great rep is worth waiting (looking at this one for example or SOH v2 or Skyland v2, etc), but sometimes it's not (discontinued fish, SOH v2, Omega Seamaster 2254.50, some of the Eddie Lee Pams). I guess I just need to hold my grounds on what I care about most and what I less care about and not to be influenced by the beautiful looks (seems like that's what we do for marriage...).

Sometimes a great rep is worth waiting (looking at this one for example or SOH v2 or Skyland v2, etc), but sometimes it's not (discontinued fish, SOH v2, Omega Seamaster 2254.50, some of the Eddie Lee Pams). I guess I just need to hold my grounds on what I care about most and what I less care about and not to be influenced by the beautiful looks (seems like that's what we do for marriage...).

Very sensible, but "This is the best there is and ever will be"! :o:blink::shock: