When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Generosity, and when Thank You just isn't enough

ubiquitous

How does one express a level of gratitude when words just aren't enough?

As I type this, I am without the words to adequately express my appreciation of the generosity demonstrated by a friend. For no rhyme or reason, I was gifted with this phenominal (and quite rare) titanium Panerai case by w0lf, an amazing member, contributor and friend here on RWG. What began as a series of questions after seeing his stunning PAM40 project, he not only educated me on what to look for, but he also gave me the basis for a project of my own.

Thanks just isn't enough...

And of course, you guys know I couldn't hold back with such goodies in my hand! I went straight to work in putting a quick, working mock up together. This is just a rough sketch for now; the final draft will be comprised of a Swiss 6497 and fine tuning of the components.

FGD Dial and Asian 6497

IMG_6677.jpg

Case bits

IMG_7480.jpg

IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7499.jpg

And all together on a Dirk Deluxe with sewn in PVD buckle...

IMG_7502.jpg

IMG_7504.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

What's that they always say? So much more than just a watch? Yes... Yes, indeed! Thank you, Mr. K!

^_^

Cheers,

//ubi

It's Karma Ubi, so many times you have played it forward it is nice to see something come back.

This is in no way overlooking the fact that W0lf has generosity to spare himself.

Community...others seek it, we have it.

Ken

Indeed- Mr. W0lf has really gone way above and beyond. His gesture has definitely left me speechless! :o

I just need a few things to bring to the party before I can call it done, but for the time being I do consider it to be in a 'working development' state; it's far from done, but I can at least wear it and enjoy it until it sees completion!

Mrs. Ubi loves it, BTW. The contrast of the aged markers and dark Ti case... Not to mention how light it is... I may find myself having to 'borrow' it from her when I want to wear it!

:lol:

Good Karma, proof that what goes around, comes around. Looks great as always R!

+1 on this post and all the rest, you have help so many members including my self it is nice see!

I think we all should thank wolf for paying a little back from us all

Given the countless times you have helped members on here, this is only fitting - from yet another esteemed member such as wolf. :)

+1000

Ubi, you have done so much for people that I think it's great Wolf did this for you!!!

Cheers to both of you! :drinks:

Karma indeed! :thumbsupsmileyanim: